3 prices, 1 laptop

Go to solution Solved by LackyWacky,

ok so after having a more detailed look i have discovered that #3 is exactly the same as #1 however it is not including the VAT and delivery cost at the main page but just add it at the checkout

so in a month or two im planning on buying a dell inspiron 15 7559. however recently i have found that on the site they are displaying at least 3 different prices for basically the same configuration. here are the links (prices as of 13th February 2016)

1. £1,062.79: http://www.dell.com/uk/p/inspiron-15-7559-laptop/pd?oc=bn95712&model_id=inspiron-15-7559-laptop

2. £999.99:http://www.dell.com/uk/p/inspiron-15-7559-laptop/pd?oc=cn95712&model_id=inspiron-15-7559-laptop

3. £869: http://www.dell.com/uk/business/p/inspiron-15-7559-laptop/pd?oc=bn95712&model_id=inspiron-15-7559-laptop

the only differences that i can see by looking at these links is that the #2 has Win10 home while the others have pro and that #3 is using a business URL but other than that i can see no reason why they have different prices can any one tell me why this is then? also would it make a difference to me if i did get the business model (#3) in terms of support from dell? 

2 minutes ago, LackyWacky said:

that i can see by looking at these links is that the #2 has Win10 home while the others have pro and that #3 is using a business URL but other than that i can see no reason why they have different prices can any one tell me why this is then? also would it make a difference to me if i did get the business model (#3) in terms o

Nothing i can see. Just go for the cheapest one.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Pretty sure all of those have different windows features.

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

1 minute ago, Vercii said:

Pretty sure all of those have different windows features.

what do you mean by that because if you meant that one has win10 home and the others have pro i know that

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/feature/windows/windows-10-home-vs-windows-10-pro-uk-difference-3618710/

2 minutes ago, LackyWacky said:

what do you mean by that because if you meant that one has win10 home and the others have pro i know that

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

1 minute ago, Vercii said:

i know this stuff but i was wondering if anybody could find a reason why they are all differently priced in terms of hardware and what makes even less since is that the cheapest price comes with pro while the next higher up price has home because if there is no other differences in it i see no reason to have a more expensive version with a lower tier windows as from. would getting the pro version mean i have to have it connected to a server or something to use it?

The only other difference I can see is the cheapest one does not have a Microsoft Office trial and the 12 month McAfee bullshit.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Just now, exercutor5 said:

The only other difference I can see is the cheapest one does not have a Microsoft Office trial and the 12 month McAfee bullshit.

well i get office for free with my school anyway and was going to install malwarebytes onto it instead any way so i guess thats even more wins for the cheap model

ok so after having a more detailed look i have discovered that #3 is exactly the same as #1 however it is not including the VAT and delivery cost at the main page but just add it at the checkout