My Personal Rig & Gear

LinusTech

Did you have to reinstall windows due to swapping out the motherboard, or is this not an issue these days, are only in certain cases???

Looking for a job

Did you have to reinstall windows due to swapping out the motherboard, or is this not an issue these days, are only in certain cases???

he didn't have to because he used a raid card, so the driver for the SATA was already there. Other than that I do not know how he got it to load. 

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

YES, you finally got a Titan!

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

So you made your PC out of review samples :P what if someone wants one back?

What happened to "wait for the 9xxx series"? HUH?! HUH?!!

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

and here a few months ago, you told me you wouldnt upgrade to the titan with water cooling ;)

-snip-

That look, he seems disgusted with you for even asking.

Glad to see you finally finished it, Linus!

What an amazing rig, if I must say so myself! :)

Facebook Quote: "I consider my personal rig done right now"

Linus I'm waiting on the next update video of your rig soon ;)

I stare lovingly into the monitor and realize mine is enough.

Honestly, you have a stellar setup. Nice set of tools.

I'm thinking of the PA249Q for my rig, I game and do some design work from time to time. I'm tired of my monitor having a lower colour accuracy than my phone. #firstworldproblem

If I were a bird, I'd fly into a ceiling fan.

Only linus can have a '2012 personal rig build' and finish it at the end of 2013. :D

Desktop: Intel Core i5 4690K 4.4GHz | Galax GTX970 EX OC Black 1537/3899MHz | ASUS Z97M Plus | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX Fury  | Seasonic M12II 620 Evo | Corsair 350 | Intel 535 120GB | 1TB WD Blue

What kind of speeds are you getting with that SSD array? In an environment where data loss isn't a factor (similar to yours--nightly backups to a local fileserver, no mission-critical stuff stored on the array) would you say the added complication of 8 drives is worth it over, say, four Crucial M500's in RAID0 on the native chipset?

Are you using any sort of antimicrobial aside from the silver fittings? If the silver is enough, do you think a pair of silver G1/4 plugs will be enough for a 1.2L loop?

What kind of speeds are you getting with that SSD array? In an environment where data loss isn't a factor (similar to yours--nightly backups to a local fileserver, no mission-critical stuff stored on the array) would you say the added complication of 8 drives is worth it over, say, four Crucial M500's in RAID0 on the native chipset?

Are you using any sort of antimicrobial aside from the silver fittings? If the silver is enough, do you think a pair of silver G1/4 plugs will be enough for a 1.2L loop?

Not worth it at all. I do NOT recommend RAID0 for a boot drive. Haven't done so in years. Get a single, higher capacity drive. It'll perform well enough and even hold its resale value better.

As for antimicrobial, no I use plain distilled and silver fittings. Works like a charm. Additives are for people who want to muck around with their loop and clean their junk out all the time imo. I used to do it all the time and I just got tired of it.

Very good build  :)

very-good-sir-very-good-indeed.jpg

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Not worth it at all. I do NOT recommend RAID0 for a boot drive. Haven't done so in years. Get a single, higher capacity drive. It'll perform well enough and even hold its resale value better.

As for antimicrobial, no I use plain distilled and silver fittings. Works like a charm. Additives are for people who want to muck around with their loop and clean their junk out all the time imo. I used to do it all the time and I just got tired of it.

Heh. In that case, 960GB m500 it is.

Very nice build. I would like to own it...

Hello Internet!

• 2 weeks later...

I found your videos and forum after already deciding on what I was going to get to upgrade my PC, but before the final purchase.  I have since made some minor changes based on what I learned from you.  But was also just put at ease that I was on the right track.  I felt a lot better about plunking down the money knowing that.  Thanks.