Follow Original Poster

Sean_A91
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

It's something that we may add in the future, but it would require some quite deep hooks into the code to make it work correctly, so isn't very easy to do.

Summary:

The ability to get notifications only when the original poster updates or adds new content.

Examples:

This is useful for things such as continuing build logs
Or for example, that Apacer contest, I am following it, just to see when t hey update it and, I end up filling my notifications with other people's entries.

It's something that we may add in the future, but it would require some quite deep hooks into the code to make it work correctly, so isn't very easy to do.

HTTP/2 203

Couldn't you just piggyback on the old hooks and filter out any that arn't from the original poster? At worst this would only cause about as much work as the normal follow.

10 minutes ago, Sean_A91 said:

Couldn't you just piggyback on the old hooks and filter out any that arn't from the original poster? At worst this would only cause about as much work as the normal follow.

It's not quite as simple as that though, because most of the follow code is handled by one large chunk of code that wouldn't take kindly to being altered too much.

It's not so much that it would take an unreasonable amount of time as that the time can be spent more usefully on other things, such as fixing existing bugs, but it is something that we will look into in the future once what we have now is pretty stable.

HTTP/2 203