ASUS PG348Q user review

Metro

My unbox review

Welcome to my review, I hope you enjoy reading, good quality images will be posted later on, should be about 5.00pm

Let's start from the beginning, trying to unbox this monitor can be so difficult, the polistrain is so tight and difficult to pull out without breaking it, although this is good, as it gives it extra protection, once you open the box, you are introduced to this great large panel (it is quite heavy) once pulling this out you are introduced to other bags (protective bags) with contents in them

Contents:

DP 1.2 cable
HDMI 1.4 cable
USB cable (for the USBs at the back of the monitor)
UK Power plug
Power supply
ASUS VIP club
Sticker
Safety paper
CD Manuel disc

Also the larger contents are the stand feet, stand (for the panel) these are also in protective bags and the cable back plate for the panel

I first took the feet out of the bag, these feet are steel (I think) and have rubber pads under them (to stop it from scratching the desk or worktop) they are quite heavy and very stable

Next is the stand, this is plastic and has the RoG light within it (which needs to be placed into the feet) the copper sections of the stand are also plastic. The panel arm is steel with some plastic. The copper on the back of the monitor is also plastic

Ergonomic adjustments

Height - Smooth, does not requite much effort to move

Swivel - Smooth, does not requite much effort to move

Tilt - Smooth, does not requite much effort to move

The bezels on the monitor are plastic with a lined texture to them, the back of the monitor is also plastic

Nearly all of the plastic used is good plastic, not these awful plastics that you can find on some monitors

The screen has a protective cover and bubble wrap on it

Overall I think this monitor is well constructed and it looks great on a desk/worktop

Got Scan to test it (due to spending so much in a month) they produced this report

"They have confirmed none of the pixels are damaged/stuck or dead.

-          The monitor was benchmarked in Firestrike on one of our Cyclone SLI systems, and ran at a stable 100Hz refresh rate with no issues relating to coil whine or stuttering.

-          One of the QC members did mention that there was a slight bit of IPS glow coming from the bottom of the monitor, but he had to look very hard to spot it, it shouldn’t affect your performance or usage, (and as I’m sure you know every monitor – especially IPS panels will suffer from a little bit of IPS glow, hence the name, you never get a monitor that’s 100% perfect!)."

I will test games next week (it will be Monday or Tuesday) as I have not got my EK Predator 360mm yet, to use my new system

If you have any questions, I will be here, one image for you (bad quality)

large.56bdf8341767c_IMG_03281.jpg.5c7084

large.56bdf83a96edc_IMG_03351.jpg.022fb2

Thanks for reading

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

16 minutes ago, Metro said:

- snip -

Quality seems good so far unless you're a lucky one :P

Could you measure the stand's feet for me? I might have to either buy a new desk or mount if the depth is too deep.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

25 minutes ago, vong said:

Quality seems good so far unless you're a lucky one :P

Could you measure the stand's feet for me? I might have to either buy a new desk or mount if the depth is too deep.

Did you want all three feet and do you want it from the end of the feet to the stand

The front two feet are 26cm long and the back is 14cm long (from feet to base)

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

2 minutes ago, Metro said:

Did you want all three feet and do you want it from the end of the feet to the stand

Yes all three feet please, like a triangle. The stand/feet looks like it takes up a lot of desk space.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

1 minute ago, vong said:

Yes all three feet please, like a triangle. The stand/feet looks like it takes up a lot of desk space.

It is 37cm each side from back to front feet then from the front feet to the other front it is 57cm

The feet measurements are above as well

6 minutes ago, Metro said:

It is 37cm each side from back to front feet then from the front feet to the other front it is 57cm

The feet measurements are above as well

Great thanks for that :)

Looks like it might only just fit on my desk.

20 minutes ago, vong said:

Great thanks for that :)

Looks like it might only just fit on my desk.

I have a 60cm depth worktop and it is too close, so I am buying a 90cm depth worktop

1 minute ago, Metro said:

I have a 60cm depth worktop and it is too close, so I am buying a 90cm depth worktop

I think my desk is 50cm deep lol. It'll sit a few cm closer to me than my current 27".

How's the VESA mount capabilities? Does it come with a plate or anything?

Cheers~

5 hours ago, Moexeq said:

How's the VESA mount capabilities? Does it come with a plate or anything?

Cheers~

You need 100x100 VESA mount, what do you mean by a plate on it

17 hours ago, Metro said:

You need 100x100 VESA mount, what do you mean by a plate on it

Did some more digging. I see now the 100x100 threads sit recessed inside the stands mounting point.