Powersupply extensions Bitfenix Alchemy or Silverstone?

i_build_nanosuits

Bitfenix cost 2$ more so no big deal...which are the best quality and look? is there a common consencus on what is better?

http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=31231104196&vpn=BFA-MSC-62PEG45RK-RP&manufacture=BitFenix

http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=16950EL0215

They don't mention the lenght for the Silversone ones but they look much shorter? which would be in fact a good thing

i don't need them to be very long they will just run under the graphics card and right back into the gromet

What you guys think?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

A red sleeved cable is usually a red sleeved cable, especially when the price bracket is the same. You could probably go with either and not stress too much. Length won't be an issue since they are extensions for your PSU cables already. Extra long ones might even cause more trouble, I found I had almost too much cable with my extensions! Was a bit of a pain to cable manage.

This is what I mean by too much cable: HJxnokA.jpg

I would personally find someone to make them up as you want them. It will be a little more expensive but will look a lot better! Heres some I had made up:

POuqzpg.jpg?1

qyu28qh.jpg?1

64zhaUb.jpg?1

ThZkgIS.jpg

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

2 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

I would personally find someone to make them up as you want them. It will be a little more expensive but will look a lot better! Heres some I had made up:

Since OP is going for budget ones I would say it's not that reasonable for them to try and get custom ones. Also, custom multi-colour cables like yours would really only work in specific themes. And truthfully I prefer solid colors.. although your build looks top notch. But did you really need to post all the images..!

Just now, brighteyes890 said:

Since OP is going for budget ones I would say it's not that reasonable for them to try and get custom ones. Also, custom multi-colour cables like yours would really only work in specific themes. And truthfully I prefer solid colors.. although your build looks top notch.

I take your point and thanks :)

However the OP never mentioned a budget and linked those as an example of what can be done. Obviously you can pick pretty much any colour. I will have a quick look now and see how much the first set was which included 24 pin, 8 pin, and PCIE x2

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Just now, stealth80 said:

I take your point and thanks :)

However the OP never mentioned a budget and linked those as an example of what can be done. Obviously you can pick pretty much any colour. I will have a quick look now and see how much the first set was which included 24 pin, 8 pin, and PCIE x2

Please do, I would be curious - there isn't much of a custom computer gear scene in my city so everything is expensive as balls since it has to be shipped. Downside of living on the bottom of the world I guess! I want to start sleeving my own cables in the future, the only reasonable full set of coloured sleeved cables costs around $45 AUD here.

it cost me £38 for those 4 wires which is a LOT less than those prebraided Corsair/EVGA sets you can get whilst they are a set of extensions and not direct replacements (which is great cause you can re-use them on a new PSU!) Plus they are fully customisable.

£38 = $55 USD

= $77 AUS

= $76 CAN

Ryzen Ram Guide

I would also say they are a lot better quality than those Bitfenix, I had those and I found the cotton type sheathe tends to "bobble" up which becomes noticeable

Ryzen Ram Guide

1 minute ago, stealth80 said:

it cost me £38 for those 4 wires which is a LOT less than those prebraided Corsair/EVGA sets you can get whilst they are a set of extensions and not direct replacements (which is great cause you can re-use them on a new PSU!) Plus they are fully customisable.

£38 = $55 USD

= $77 AUS

= $76 CAN

Yeh solid. Not sure I quite follow what you mean about extensions / replacements being re-usable though. Still, custom cables are essentially impossible to find in Adelaide, and I have yet to find anywhere that actually does it Australia-wide but I haven't done more than a cursory look.

1 minute ago, stealth80 said:

I would also say they are a lot better quality than those Bitfenix, I had those and I found the cotton type sheathe tends to "bobble" up which becomes noticeable

I have found that PC Case Gear (reputable and very popular online Australian supplier) have some good quality sleeved stuff that they make: https://www.pccasegear.com/products/29076/pccg-sleeved-cable-extension-kit-red

Just for any Australians who might be reading.

Just now, brighteyes890 said:

Yeh solid. Not sure I quite follow what you mean about extensions / replacements being re-usable though. Still, custom cables are essentially impossible to find in Adelaide, and I have yet to find anywhere that actually does it Australia-wide but I haven't done more than a cursory look.

There are replacement cables available for some Modular PSU's like these:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cases-and-modding/modding/sleeved-cables/sleeved-modular-psu-cables

They can be great if the colours match your build and you have a supported PSU. They didn't have anything for me as white + red isn't generally used. The problem with these are that say for example you have a Corsair 860AX and you buy a set. If you swap the PSU for like EVGA or like I did to a Fractal Design, the cables are no use to you without modding the connectors yourself so they would need to go with the PSU. However by using extensions they computer side of the cables is always the same so you can use them on any PSU

Ryzen Ram Guide

Just now, stealth80 said:

There are replacement cables available for some Modular PSU's like these:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cases-and-modding/modding/sleeved-cables/sleeved-modular-psu-cables

They can be great if the colours match your build and you have a supported PSU. They didn't have anything for me as white + red isn't generally used. The problem with these are that say for example you have a Corsair 860AX and you buy a set. If you swap the PSU for like EVGA or like I did to a Fractal Design, the cables are no use to you without modding the connectors yourself so they would need to go with the PSU. However by using extensions they computer side of the cables is always the same so you can use them on any PSU

Ah yeh copy, wasn't sure what you meant!

2 minutes ago, brighteyes890 said:

I have found that PC Case Gear (reputable and very popular online Australian supplier) have some good quality sleeved stuff that they make: https://www.pccasegear.com/products/29076/pccg-sleeved-cable-extension-kit-red

Just for any Australians who might be reading.

Those cables are the cotton type sheathed ones I spoke about they look ok but don't "age well".

The guy I found was on Facebook of all places, cant remember how I found him, but he now has an online store:

http://www.shakmods.com/

If the cable combo you need isn't available you can just email your requirements. I used this tool to help:

https://choosemypc.net/sleeving/

Ryzen Ram Guide

I have the bitfenix alchemy extensions and they are LOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGG.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

how about CANADA?...where should i shop for these? ideally i would want them to be white and red actually...i should have mentionned that!

My budget would be around 35-40$ for just the GPU extensions and i would like to have cable comb as well which is also quite hard to find it looks like...help needed!! thanks!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

7 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

how about CANADA?...where should i shop for these? ideally i would want them to be white and red actually...i should have mentionned that!

My budget would be around 35-40$ for just the GPU extensions and i would like to have cable comb as well which is also quite hard to find it looks like...help needed!! thanks!

https://www.dazmode.com/store/category/made-to-order-cables/

Ryzen Ram Guide

3 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

great! they don't seem to carry cable comb though? is it included?

EDIT: i don't see white/red either...

I got a couple of the bitfenix ones. I got nothing to complain about. They work as intended and looks ok :)

Current Build: SD-DESK-07

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy // PSU: SeaSonic SS-650RM // Motherboard: P8Z77-I DELUXE // CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k // Cooler: Corsair H80i // RAM: Patriot Intel Extreme Masters 2X8GB DDR3 1600MHz // SSD: Crucial M500 240GB // Video: EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti SC 2GB

49 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

great! they don't seem to carry cable comb though? is it included?

EDIT: i don't see white/red either...

Cable combs were a pain in the arse to find in the uk as well, I got mine from a company called E22, stealth combs, not much help to you in Canada though admittedly

Ryzen Ram Guide

4 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Either of the two are good options for a set of sleeved cables, Cable Mods come with the sleeved extensions and cable combs all together, if your wanting to strictly buy cable combs Icemodz or Dazmode which is in Canada have cable combs. 

2 hours ago, CableMod said:

how about you get one of our extension kits? they do come with combs: http://search.ncix.com/search/?qcatid=0&q=cablemod+extension

because black and red or all red are both not available...i thought about it though...is it available anywhere else? thanks!

...also none of them seem to have two 6+2 or 8 pin PCI-E connectors? i need two of those to power my graphics card...

15 hours ago, CableMod said:

may I ask you which PSU you are using?

yes it's the XFX XTR 550W Gold

also you should use the quote function so that the users get a notification that you've replied :) you're lucky i follow my threads but some don't! :)