Reccomendations on material for scratch build

l__T__l

I'm not experienced in building things and it will be quite a simple project with only 3 different screw points, a vesa mount and standoffs, my guess is that it will need quite a strong material as it will be carry a couple of kilograms from a small space (100x100mm vesa mount) I was thinking on using this and triple layering it but since it is ample material i can make it a little thicker http://www.bunnings.com.au/structural-cd-plywood-2400-x-1200mm-7mm-_p0340161

l

l

l____l  <--- basic sketch of case, vesa mount on top l, middle on is clear, PSU is supported by the ___s and the final l just wraps around.

I literally have no idea what you are trying to do with this project/tell us.

Please clarify

Welcome to LTT! Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat, I love conversation!

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

6 minutes ago, Derpologist said:

I literally have no idea what you are trying to do with this project/tell us.

Please clarify

sorry, english isnt my native language. i will be building an open air case and need to know whether the material i linked will be strong enough to hold all of my components when 3 panels have been screwed together (21mm thick instead of 7)

plexiglass or steel Aluminium is hard to weld, plexiglass can be glued and formed with heat

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

2 hours ago, l__T__l said:

sorry, english isnt my native language. i will be building an open air case and need to know whether the material i linked will be strong enough to hold all of my components when 3 panels have been screwed together (21mm thick instead of 7)

For plywood 21mm thick, that will work and is strong enough for making an L bracket like that. Another option as said is plexi or aluminum which with will also work well like that. 

7 hours ago, W-L said:

For plywood 21mm thick, that will work and is strong enough for making an L bracket like that. Another option as said is plexi or aluminum which with will also work well like that. 

Thanks