CableMod WideBeam LED Strip Giveaway

My current build is a m5a99fx pro 2.0 board, 32 gb g. skill ram, r9 290 gpu and amd fx-9370 cpu. The only lights i have in it are from the gpu and the cpu cooler. I tried my best to hide all the wires and it would be really nice to have atleast enough leds to go across the top and right. I don't really care whether they are magnetic or tape, I'd be happy either way. Then I could see the "superman" colors in my case (red,blue,black). (1 pic with camera flash, 1 without, and yes I do need to do some dusting)

DSCF0135.JPG

DSCF0136.JPG

i would love to enter this giveaway, but theres no point since i really dont have a computer....

I've been looking for a good set of LED strips for my Case since I build it in October. I've had awful experience with other kits that fade after a month or so, and its really the only thing I need to finish off the blue/black clean look going right now. I've tried two different brands (not mentioning names), and both have sucked.

M6J4Ea1.jpg 

(actually watching the WAN show while this picture was taken!)

My current build is an i5-6600k @ 4.7ghz, Asus z-170 a motherboard, Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980Ti, Samsung 950 Pro 512 Gb ssd, 16gb Avexir DDR4, and several otehr storage/media drives. 

I have to say I wouldnt have chosen the parts I did without LTT recommendations! Would love 3 or 4 of the Magnetic Strips to be able to fully cover the inside rim of my case with the LED's and give this baby a nice blue/white glow. Also because the brighter it is the more my girlfriend complains, so its a win-win if I win. Would that make it a win-win-win?

LED's would make a fantastic edition to the computer I'm building soon!  If I had some I would wrap them around the side panel to create a glow effect.  This Is The PC I will be building: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GJ6QTW
If I were to be chosen, I'd need about 6 feet of magnetic strips.

I need some RGB led's, or just red LEDs, My case is pretty dark and I have all this nice stuff to show off. Only way to really get a glimpse of its true beauty is to take off the windowed side panel. I will take as many as you are willing to part with. One is better than nothing and two would be ideal. 

Define S Front.jpg

I have a basic computer with some outdated gaming hardware, if you could even call it that, but I put some money into my computer every once in a while. Recently I upgraded my case from some really old Cooler Master Centurion that was well used that I got from a garage sale.It had a P5N-T Deluxe and Intel Core 2 Extreme 9770 for $25! That Mobo has a glitch in it that it freezes ever now and then, but I make do! I have a PNY GTX 650, a few odds and ends ram, adding up to 8Gb of Ram, and a old Thermaltake 850W PSU. 

I upgraded it to a Master Case Pro 5 which is amazing! The windowed side panel is great, but with no lighting it is sort of a sad dark void... That is why I would love to have 3 LED strips that are magnetic. Two for the top and 1 for the basement. Even with this old technology I want it to shine! 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XVsK6h (Haha Apparently my CPU on Amazon is $1,600, I say shenanigans!)

56bf66a7a1757_Wholecase.thumb.jpg.acd4c8

If you build an oil cooled rig, LED are a must. Without it will look like this:

1.thumb.jpg.d43d5a5b665b720dfdcd1338176b

I have to illuminate the inside.

The case is quite large, so I need about 5 strings. But if they are not oil prove, you can pick an other winner ;)

By the way the build log is in ful swing and it's not just a dream.

EDIT: And I need magnetic strips.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

I would like to get this because it would be awesome to get free led strips from the best manufacturer of this type of products. I would like 2 RGB kits one with 4 magnetic 30 cm strips and one with 4 adhesive 60cm strips
(the adhesive strips are for the back of my desk)

My case is a Gun metal gray CM scout 2
in it i have 2 ASUS DC2 660 ti's in sli.
16gb ddr4.
A fully black Z170 pro MSI motherboard.
And a I7-6700K.

The cpu cooler is som CM tower but i want to get a all in one water cooler in the future

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/22FK6h

so heres the custom build i just started, which ive already decided to change some things, i will be changing to an EVGA Power supply fully modular, 2 ASUS ROG MATRIX GeForce GTX 980 4 GB DDR5 but gonna take awhile because the army doesnt pay very well HAHA, and will be running a custom water cooling loop which i was totally against water cooling until i obsessively watched your videos and feel safer now doing water cooling! i will also be upgrading to the Coolermaster Master 5 Case with a full window, and i would like to win 5 Adhesive LED Strips to line the case (I think that will be enough haha!) Was going to use a Hue+ But cant ever find one they are always sold out! And its very hard to get things to germany in a good time due to being stationed here with the army it takes forever for parts to get here as my computer case has been stuck in chicago for 2 weeks -___- not very fun to buy all these new toys and have to wait forever because military mail sucks!

If you agree with my advice/Recommendation please give me a thumbs up. Thank you

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor OC @4.7ghz CPU Cooler: Thermaltake NiC C5 Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VIII HERO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory OC @3200 Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  

I would like 3 RGB magnetic strips for my PC with a case that has a window but it is too dark to see into. 

my specs 

Asrock extreme4+ mobo

AMD Athlon x4 869K

EVGA GTX  970 ssc fallout 4 edition

Oh man, 2 of the magnetic strips would be great for my coming upgrade. It'll be a 750D with a (soon to be released) i7-6800k and my current H80i GT. I just picked up a used 980 to replace my 760 which will hold me over until pascal becomes reasonably priced. My current build is a FX-8120 so it's really time for an upgrade. Some lighting to round out the new build would be awesome.

Primary PC-

CPU: Intel i7-6800k @ 4.2-4.4Ghz   CPU COOLER: Bequiet Dark Rock Pro 4   MOBO: MSI X99A SLI Plus   RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX quad-channel DDR4-2800  GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX   PSU: Corsair RM1000i   CASE: Corsair 750D Obsidian   SSDs: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo + 256GB Samsung 850 Pro   HDDs: Toshiba 3TB + Seagate 1TB   Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HUC 27" 2560x1440 (165Hz G-Sync)  +  LG 29UM57 29" 2560x1080   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4Ghz  MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3   RAM: 16GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 OC   PSU: Rosewill 750W   CASE: Antec Gaming One   SSD: 120GB PNY CS1311   HDDs: WD Red 3TB + WD 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200 -or- Steam Link to Vizio M43C1 43" 4K TV  OS: Windows 10 Pro

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

CPU: 2x Xeon E5645 (12-core)  Model: Dell PowerEdge T610  RAM: 16GB DDR3-1333  PSUs: 2x 570W  SSDs: 8GB Kingston Boot FD + 32GB Sandisk Cache SSD   HDDs: WD Red 4TB + Seagate 2TB + Seagate 320GB   OS: FreeNAS 11+

Laptop-

CPU: Intel i7-3520M   Model: Dell Latitude E6530   RAM: 8GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Nvidia NVS 5200M   SSD: 240GB TeamGroup L5   HDD: WD Black 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Having issues with a Corsair AIO? Possible fix here:

Spoiler

Are you getting weird fan behavior, speed fluctuations, and/or other issues with Link?

Are you running AIDA64, HWinfo, CAM, or HWmonitor? (ASUS suite & other monitoring software often have the same issue.)

Corsair Link has problems with some monitoring software so you may have to change some settings to get them to work smoothly.

-For AIDA64: First make sure you have the newest update installed, then, go to Preferences>Stability and make sure the "Corsair Link sensor support" box is checked and make sure the "Asetek LC sensor support" box is UNchecked.

-For HWinfo: manually disable all monitoring of the AIO sensors/components.

-For others: Disable any monitoring of Corsair AIO sensors.

That should fix the fan issue for some Corsair AIOs (H80i GT/v2, H110i GTX/H115i, H100i GTX and others made by Asetek). The problem is bad coding in Link that fights for AIO control with other programs. You can test if this worked by setting the fan speed in Link to 100%, if it doesn't fluctuate you are set and can change the curve to whatever. If that doesn't work or you're still having other issues then you probably still have a monitoring software interfering with the AIO/Link communications, find what it is and disable it.

On February 12, 2016 at 1:22 AM, nicklmg said:

I would really like 4 magnet strips for the Macintosh G4 tower I am modding. The case is clear acrylic (it used to be painted silver!) and I think the light would give it a very sci-fi glow!

CableMod’s new WideBeam LED strips are pretty darn cool - I feel like they’re best explained through CableMod’s own words below:

“Utilizing a unique transparent LED housing, CableMod WideBeam LED’s deliver a much wider beam angle – over 50% greater than traditional LEDs. Bright and vibrant with a much more even lighting effect, WideBeam LEDs look different because they are different.

53673e7358.jpg

With the number of different case materials out there, we didn’t think one solution would fit all. CableMod WideBeam LED Strips come in both magnetic and foam adhesive to suit all kinds of cases on the market.

The WideBeam Magnetic Series features multiple rare-earth magnets for a secure fit, and can be easily repositioned or moved to alternate builds. Those with aluminum or non-magnetic cases can choose the WideBeam Foam Series for a foam adhesive that is over 200% stronger than typical LED strips.”

In short, these are freaking cool RGB LED strips that are fully chainable, utilize SATA power, and are designed to work with ASUS AURA for perfect compatibility with ASUS motherboards that feature an RGB header.

Full information: http://bit.ly/240bLHP

So, now that we know how cool they are, where can we get them?

Fantastic question! And for 5 lucky forum users, the answer is right here!

How do you enter this giveaway?

1. Comment below letting us know WHY CableMod should provide you with their new WideBeam LED strips. Give a brief explanation of your current (or future build) with pics and/or a PCPartPicker list.

2. Mention in your comment which LED strips you’d like (foam adhesive or magnetic) and in what quantity (be reasonable - any ridiculous requests like “I need 100 LED strips because lights” will be ignored).

3. Check back on the forum in one week to see if you were selected as a winner!

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions. All fulfillment will be handled by Performance PCs - you can check CableMod out on their site now at http://bit.ly/1KeOuv5

The 5 (five) winners will be drawn on 2/19, 2016, and will be PMed here on the forum from this account. Disregard any other contact specifying that you were a winner in this giveaway.

Thanks and good luck!

I would really like 4 magnet strips for the Macintosh G4 tower I am modding. The case is clear acrylic (it used to be painted silver!) and I think the light would give it a very sci-fi glow!

@nicklmg

Oh, wow, there seems to be two threads for this giveaway. Which one is the correct thread to enter in?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

My build:

CPU: Intel Core I5 6400 RM789
MOBO: Gigabyte B150M-HD3 RM399
RAM: GSKill NT 8GB DDR4 2133mhz RM249
GPU: Palit GTX950 StormX 2GB DDR5 RM749
PSU: FSP HEXA+ 400W PSU RM159
Chassis: Sharkoon VG5-W RM119
HDD: Seagate 1TB Baracuda HDD RM219

SSD: Samsung 750 EVO 120GB SSD RM249
Total RM2932+RM40(courier to semenanjung malaysia)=RM2972

I cant do it with PCPartPicker as some part is not available on thier web and I am sorry for that.

I want the RGB LED Strip as to spice up my rig and to let my family loves the looks. I will like to have the magnetic in 4 units. Much thanks linustechtips :)

IMG20160214213835.jpg

So I plan building a kinda new system in a few monts when I have got enough money (ya know money is pretty tight beeing on highschool). I have built my system just from the cheapest used parts I was able to get offering good price/preofrmance, but the PSU was way to cheap, the case was also very cheap so cablemanagement is the best you could do in this case, so I want to step up my game a bit. I'll post a photo of my current rig below. 
What I plan would be a much more premium machine with the same main components. I plan in buying a new case (Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, really great for the money), a new PSU (EVGA GQ 650, cuz mine is a 450W noname one which will probably kill me at some time), a new CPU cooler (Alpenföhn Brocken 2 [probably not avaiable in USA/Canada], it's a silent and good coling cooler), a sound card (ASUS Xonar DGX, it's also great for the money and ma motherboards integrated really sucks), new fans (Fractal Design Venturi HF-14, they push a good amount of air, are really quiet and are priced reasonably well), and some minor parts like adaptors. Later I’ll buy a new graphics card but I’ll wait for Pascal and Polaris, so thats in the far future. With all my skill (I built several really nice and clean PCs for my friends and family) and sense for cleanness I'll build an extremely beautiful, functional, quiet and clean PC, but to make it even nicer I'd be interested in those strips. 2 Magnetic RGB ones would be super nice to finish my planne build. Everything I planned will be in the PC Partpicker List below (the prices of the purchased things aren't $ but €). When the project is finished I'll definetly post a detailled build log. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HNNY4D

IMG_1245 [138206].JPG

Edited by tbsgbhrdt
Added information
AMD FX-6100 @4.2GHz / Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ 8GB / Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 / Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz 8GB / Adata S510 128GB / Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB / Alpenföhn Brocken ECO /  EVGA GQ 650 / Fractal Design Core 2500 / Fractal Design Venturi HF Fans / 

"It's like a fish with no internet" -Linus Sebastian, 2016

hey,i will be needing 2 led strips of foam adhesive. I think that i should win it because it will my first pc and would really love to be the best, as my budget is low i would to take the best out of it.

my pc parts: 

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

1. I want 4 Magnetic LED Light Strips

2. I want them because I want to make my PC light up just like all of my peripherals

Parts List

===================================================================================================

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($329.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($144.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($79.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($98.49 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Dual Superclocked ACX Video Card 
Case: Corsair Carbide SPEC-01 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($17.78 @ OutletPC) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($87.95 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: ViewSonic VX2250wm-LED 21.5" Monitor 
Monitor: ViewSonic VX2250wm-LED 21.5" Monitor 
Total: $843.86 

===================================================================================================

I Tried Inserting a picture of my PC but it failed.

I would love to win some as my computer is most certainly lacking lighting. It needs more colour. It may seem like its bright from this picture, but it is honestly quite dark. Especially having a window, and now being practically broke from the build which is not yet completed, i would die to have some awesome lights!

I'd love to get some red and maybe UV magnetic light strips. Maybe 3-4 of each, or just 5 magnetic red ones if possible. Or i mean any colour you think would make this look bomb, magnetic of course.

If rgb is an option, id totally go for 5 magnetic strips those!!

Thanks for the giveaway guys! :D

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/matt7991/saved/#view=8nw48d

P.S-I did a bit more of cable management after this picture was taken

b69deb18-619e-4168-858a-c3f1a17005e8.jpg

My future build that I plan on creating is here: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BNzH6h

Complete with water cooling tubing and a white case / red LED theme. These LEDs would be perfect for this build! I plan on doing the build in late may when I return home from my current duty station!

I would like maybe 4 of the magnetic red LED strips to complete the design for this build. 

Thank you guys!

Intel Core i7-6700K @4.6GHz • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 FE @ 1683MHz •  16GB DDR4 @3200MHz

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/QuintonAjStevens/

I think these LED strips would make a great addition to my build. I just built it a couple months ago. I would like the magnetic strips, as my case is all, well some magnetic metal, probably steel. I would probably want 4 of the strips.

I named my build "Austintatious" because my name is Austin, and the build is ostentatious. Little pun there.

"Austintatious" PC Specs:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hJDkVn

CPU: Intel Core i5-5675C 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($146.73 (got a HUGE deal on that, It's usually $300))

Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($104.00)

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury White 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 Memory  ($41.00)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB M.2 Solid State Drive  ($147.99)

Case: Rosewill Challenger S ATX Mid Tower Case  ($54.24)

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($29.99)

Optical Drive: Asus DVD/CD Writer  ($20.00)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($100.99)

Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill RNX-AC1200PCE PCI-Express Wi-Fi Adapter  ($44.99)

Total: $689.93 (All prices are the after any discount the day of buying)

Thanks!

PC Part Picker List:

Total: $1065.07

This is most likley going to be my future build within a few months. I am currently working on obtaning the funds necessary to complete this project of mine. This part list can definitley change, and more will probably be added later. Because of money issues, i was not planning on putting and LED's into the system, even though they are wanted! Therefore the internals are going to be dark, and this system isnt going to be very much to look at without the any LED's.

I would appreciate 4 magnetic LED's to help brighten up my system!

This would be great for my current setup! I have an LED strip on my desk already, but my PC is lacking light :o

Specs and Pics:

http://imgur.com/a/N1SC4

The magnetic ones are pretty snazzy. I can't imagine needing more than 2 strips though. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7T4JjX

I'd love to get the magnetic RGB ones, or the UV ones. I'm going to be doing a new black and white build in NZXT's Manta ITX case (case and mobo on the way, psu to be ordered, cooler may come later, everything else in my current PC). The mobo doesn't support RGB natively, but I'm pretty sure I'll either go solid UV or white, or I'll eventually pick up a third party controller like the Hue+ and have RGB. Four strips should be more than enough for this build, after all, this is only an ITX case, even if it is large for that class.

Thank you!