Help moving from headset to headphone and microphone

HappDrank

would like to get the best microphone and headphone setup I can within the $300 range. Really just want to have better quality the what I get with a headset and also be able to use the headphones with more then just my computer. 

I would get a pair of ATH-M50x's and like the blue yeti pro. Should come out to about $320-330 bucks. 

Intel i7-5820k OC'ed to 4.2GHz @1.225 V; w/ Corsair H110i GTX2x Asus Strix 980ti's; Asus Rampage V Extreme; 16GB (2x8GB) Crucial Ballistics GDDR4 RAM; EVGA 1000P2 psu

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/8608142 boost clock of 1493MHz

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/jjar35/saved/#view=ghCWGX + 43" 4k Vizio M-Series TV

looking online the blue yeti pro costs more then the headphones. how big of a difference are they compared to a normal yeti. 

First Please do not get a pair of m50x's.

Second , do you want open closed headphones?

What do you need the headphones for , what's the mic for. As if the mic is only for skype then you will only need a blue snowball at max. And from there for open headphones I would get a pair of sennheiser 558's .

Check out the LTT audio board recommended gear thread. It's pinned and has lots of headphone and some microphone suggestions.

So I ended up finding a pair of Sony MDR-1As for $250 and snatched those up after I tried them on because they were damned good sounding along with comfy as hell. Now i'm just down to a mic and its mostly used with discord with my buddies.