Looking for headphones

saders

Hey guys i have a razor megladon right now but i am looking for a nice set of headphones that i can pear and mod mic with. Budget of about 200 for the cans. thanks for the help

My rig.... cpu i7-920 , MB asus p6t se , RAM 8gigs , GPU evga 760 sc , Case antec 900, western digital 2x500 gigs hhd , PSU  antec 800w , Display syncmaster 2233rz , Cooling antec kulher h20 620 ,  keyboard / mouse / headset    G15 keyboard , g500 mouse , Razor megladon headset

Just now, saders said:

Hey guys i have a razor megladon right now but i am looking for a nice set of headphones that i can pear and mod mic with. Budget of about 200 for the cans. thanks for the help

Sennheiser HD518s should fit in your budget if they're available in Newfoundland.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Or logitech G933 if you like awesome surround, or wireless and are a fan of lights.

Computers r fun

Just now, iShad said:
Just now, iShad said:

And hate money as well as audio quality.

And hate money as well as audio quality.

Funny, I guess I have a weird taste for headphones. I bet your senhiser HDs don't have LEDs or Wireless OR surround???

Yeah, I kinda get your point, but I am happy with my purchase!

Computers r fun

3 minutes ago, Jacona said:

Is the $200 budget with or without the mod mic?

200 ish for the headphones alone

My rig.... cpu i7-920 , MB asus p6t se , RAM 8gigs , GPU evga 760 sc , Case antec 900, western digital 2x500 gigs hhd , PSU  antec 800w , Display syncmaster 2233rz , Cooling antec kulher h20 620 ,  keyboard / mouse / headset    G15 keyboard , g500 mouse , Razor megladon headset

1 minute ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

Funny, I guess I have a weird taste for headphones. I bet your senhiser HDs don't have LEDs or Wireless OR surround???

If you like useless features then I suggest these:

http://www.amazon.com/Brookstone-990634-Cat-Ear-Headphones/dp/B015ORGFNE

Wireless, led, functional speakers, surround via software, and also viable as cosplay!

HyperX Clouds or Cloud II's

Both are pretty good. 

PC Specs: 
CPU: i7-5930K | Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX | GPU: GeForce GTX 980 Ti | Mobo: ASRock X99 Extreme4 | Memory: HyperX Fury Black 16GB | Storage: SeaGate 2TB & SanDisk 120GB SSD | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/ Window | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold Cert | Monitors: (x2) Acer S220HQL | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB |

2 minutes ago, saders said:

200 ish for the headphones alone

Shame we don't have a $200 price point category on our audio recommendation list

I'd get something like the AD900x for open, while for closed the DT770 sounds about right.

4 minutes ago, iShad said:

If you like useless features then I suggest these:

http://www.amazon.com/Brookstone-990634-Cat-Ear-Headphones/dp/B015ORGFNE

Wireless, led, functional speakers, surround via software, and also viable as cosplay!

Not gaudy enough.

https://www.net-a-porter.com/us/en/product/605786/dolce%20&%20gabbana/--frends-embellished-metallic-leather-headphones

OPEN: AD900x, AD500x, K612 pro, DT 990.

CLOSED: K553pro, DT770.

Many people says that there isn't really that big of a jump between the AD500x to the AD900x the biggest jump is when you go to the AD1000x but they are 100$ over what you are willing to pay

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

11 hours ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

Momentum has wireless, youre wearing the headphones not looking at them, and surround is not worth it if they donth have all the 7 drivers

Selling a MSI GTX 550ti in stockholm sweden or looking for free pc parts in Stockholm sweden

1 hour ago, Messisan321 said:

Momentum has wireless, youre wearing the headphones not looking at them, and surround is not worth it if they donth have all the 7 drivers

Well there is headphones with all the drivers in them to produce 5.1 but the sound is shit and real speaker 5.1 or 7.1 is way better.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

If you trying to convince me of something, don't respond, I already stated that I have backed down, I understand, and I am sure @saders gets it too. No need to for another discussion of why logitech headphones are bad in every way.

Computers r fun