HyperX Cloud 2 USB hiss sound

Jacob_Jeff1

Hello i got my hyperx cloud 2 headset back in november and a low hiss and crakeling noise is always there wen i am gaming. I have tried using it on my on my phone playing the same audio and the sounds disaper i have also tried a ps4 while gaming and the sounds are there wen using the usb but not wen i connect to the controller whith the 3,5mm jack so i think its a problem whith the usb part of the headset i cant blug it into my pc directly because i want to use mic and stereo at the same time since i skype while playing with my friends and i am not in the same room as my pc so wil a external usb soundcard help and if so are there any good ones you can recommend? Thanks in advanced.

Don't use the dongle or upgrade the firmware, which should be available on the manufacturer forums.

If none of that proves fruitful, see the Audio Interference Troubleshooting Guide in my signature.

Ok thanks for the suggestion i wil try this wen i get home. :-)

just bought these headphones, no hiss but if you notice the sound is imbalanced towards the right ear you need to fix the balance. Right click the audio speaker, click playback devices, find and right click headset earphone/hyperx 7.1 audio, select properties, click levels tab on top of window and to the right of one of the sliders is "balance" tab, click it and adjust the levels to equal each other, click apply... On mine they were set like this straight out of the box, idk why but i about to send them back till i found out what was going on by doing a little research... hope this help if you have this problem, it was very noticeable when the 7.1 feature was activated.