IEM cables with microphone

Klefth

I have a pair of Shure IEMs and am looking for a headset cable to use on my Android phone. I've read bad stuff about Shure's cable (besides, it's stupid expensive for what it is) and a bunch of other cheap ones on Amazon and Ebay, so now I ask you guys: are there any cables at a decent price point you can recommend? Decent being not over $50 for a damn cable.

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

3 minutes ago, klefth said:

I have a pair of Shure IEMs and am looking for a headset cable to use on my Android phone. I've read bad stuff about Shure's cable (besides, it's stupid expensive for what it is) and a bunch of other cheap ones on Amazon and Ebay, so now I ask you guys: are there any cables at a decent price point you can recommend? Decent being not over $50 for a damn cable.

Look for ue900 cables.

7 minutes ago, Brink2Three said:

Yeah, those are the ones I meant. I've heard stuff like them degrading audio quality, audio cutting off on one side or the other, and such not-so-auspicious comments. :/

6 minutes ago, iShad said:

Look for ue900 cables.

The stock ones from Logitech? I'll look around.

1 minute ago, KaminKevCrew said:

The Logitech ones might be nice, if a couple of dollars over your budget. http://m.ebay.com/itm/181277311388

I actually found  them much cheaper on Logitech's website. I think I'll give these a go

http://buy.logitech.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=logib2c&Locale=en_US&ThemeID=37443000&Env=BASE&productID=304914500

On 2/11/2016 at 1:21 PM, klefth said:

Cool! Let us know how they are!

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Will do once hey arrive! :) Buying stuff online from where I live sucks; shipping takes forever. :|

Well, I finally got 'em yesterday, and I must say, wow are these lighter than Shure's stock cables, lol. Also, while I feel like microphonics are pretty much inescapable with any sort of earphone, these cables greatly reduce that noise compared to Shure's as well. Another plus is that these don't feel as if they're trying to pull the ear pieces out of my ear all the time (I used to have to constantly adjust them).

As for the sound, I don't know if I'm going crazy or something, but I do feel like the sound is a little bit warmer with these. I haven't had a chance to test the microphone yet.

One issue people had with these cables was the right or left channel cutting off every now and then when moving the cable too much, but since I'm not constantly readjusting the iems all the time anymore because these cables aren't pulling them off all the time, that has not been an issue for me yet. So far, I'm pretty happy with these cables. I'd recommend them. :)