PSU recommendation for crossfire r9 380s?

Mrbrynt

Righttttt...
I am going to be building a new PC soon. A kind of standard-affair(i5 6500, z170 motherboard, 8gb of ram, 250GB 850 pro and a 1TB WD blue).I am also getting an r9 380.

In the future, I am planning to upgrade to 2x r9 380s. There isn't much information on the internet(what I did see recommended an 800w power supply, which surely isn't right?)

Just wanted your opinions? I was thinking a good 600w power supply, but if you can prove otherwise I will likely go with something else?

Thank you alllllll

@therandomness

I don't mind. I can't afford to buy one graphics card right now. It's better to get a single GPU and then upgrade to a second later on down the line. 

Edited by Mrbrynt

8 minutes ago, Mrbrynt said:

Righttttt...
I am going to be building a new PC soon. A kind of standard-affair(i5 6500, z170 motherboard, 8gb of ram, 250GB 850 pro and a 1TB WD blue).I am also getting an r9 380.

In the future, I am planning to upgrade to 2x r9 380s. There isn't much information on the internet(what I did see recommended an 800w power supply, which surely isn't right?)

Just wanted your opinions? I was thinking a good 600w power supply, but if you can prove otherwise I will likely go with something else?

Thank you alllllll

I was running (2) R9 290s in crossfire on an 800 watt PSU

Both GPUs were overclocked as well. as well as my CPU.

dont see you needing anything more than 750-800 watt psu...

2 minutes ago, RayvinTek said:

I was running (2) R9 290s in crossfire on an 800 watt PSU

Both GPUs were overclocked as well. as well as my CPU.

dont see you needing anything more than 750-800 watt psu...

Alright cool

3 hours ago, Mrbrynt said:

Righttttt...

Thank you alllllll

650W is enough for two 380s but 750W won't hurt.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||