2 gamers 1 cpu

I have three questions.

1. I understand that i'll need 3 graphics cards, to get this to work. The graphics card that unraid uses, can that be any graphics card?

2. The graphics cards that the virtual systems will use, do they have to be from the same series? (I plan on using one 980 and one 780)

3. Does running two systems on one pc destroy my ping? Like forexample, let's say me and my friend are playing cs go, or something. Does that take up more bandwith than just me playing on the setup i have now?

Edit: One more question, can i just use 2 500gb sdd's? Or do i have to use harddrives aswell? And do i need 2 windows copies? Thanks :)

you can split up everything except the gpu and your windows license.

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

Q2; If you are gonna SLI, then GPU's will have to be the same. Not the case with crossfire

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

1) they can be any cards, however one of them can be the integrated one.

2) no, it doesn't matter.

3) no, gigabit ethernet is fast enough to handle two connections to the internet without any performance impact.

4) you can use a single ssd, the system will just create virtual drives for your vms. You can use the same windows license if it covers more than one computer, otherwise you'll need another.

3 minutes ago, AmbarChakrabarti said:

Q2; If you are gonna SLI, then GPU's will have to be the same. Not the case with crossfire

you can't use SLI or crossfire with hardware virtualization. also, in crossfire the gpu DOES need to be the same, you can't crossfire cards that have different gpus in them. if however one of the two has a cut down version of the other's gpu, it will work, but as if you had two of the slower card.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 minutes ago, AmbarChakrabarti said:

Irrelevant. 

You can use different GPUs when they are used by different VMs. You are not running SLI or CFX. 

One VM can run an AMD card, while another is running on a Nvidia card. 

Running Arch with i3-gaps on a Thinkpad X1 Extreme
Data Science Postgrad

Just now, Claryn said:

Irrelevant. 

You can use different GPUs when they are used by different VMs. You are not running SLI or CFX. 

One VM can run an AMD card, while another is running on a Nvidia card. 

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

1) they can be any cards, however one of them can be the integrated one.

2) no, it doesn't matter.

3) no, gigabit ethernet is fast enough to handle two connections to the internet without any performance impact.

4) you can use a single ssd, the system will just create virtual drives for your vms. You can use the same windows license if it covers more than one computer, otherwise you'll need another.

you can't use SLI or crossfire with hardware virtualization. also, in crossfire the gpu DOES need to be the same, you can't crossfire cards that have different gpus in them. if however one of the two has a cut down version of the other's gpu, it will work, but as if you had two of the slower card.

okay... my mistake

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist