Help! My laptop's wifi died...

Hello everybody, thanks for reading this topic.

As you know from the title, the wifi on my laptop (idk what's that exactly, the driver or the adapter/card) died-_-. Before it was working completely fine. But yesterday, i turn it on, and i wasn't connected to my house's wifi network. I didn't drop the laptop or anything, idk what caused it. Thankfully i have some RJ45 lying around, so i still can connect to the internet.

Do you know something i can do? You know, it's not a laptop if i can't use it on my lapxD. Maybe a CMD command? Or a regristry edit? Or heck, both? I just want it to work...:/ Thank you.. 9_9

Side Note : my laptop model number : Asus X45U-VX057D

How do you know it died? does it not seem to work. Or do you know for a fact the hardware failed?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

On my network tab there is no wifi. It said 'no connections are available'. Troubleshoot didn't seem to help. The troubleshooter thinks i didn't have any network cable.

I'm on my phone, can't seem to quote.

press win+r, type devmgmt.msc, expand network adapters, right click disable and reenable the wifi adapter. if that doesnt work try uninstalling the driver and redownloading it from asus' site.

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

I get that sometimes. Try reinstalling drivers. If you have installed something for your wifi remove that. Then go to hardware manager, right click the device, uninstall the driver, then disable the device and then enable it again.

6 minutes ago, adamabraham said:

On my network tab there is no wifi. It said 'no connections are available'. Troubleshoot didn't seem to help. The troubleshooter thinks i didn't have any network cable.

I'm on my phone, can't seem to quote.

Did you check the drivers and device manager?

on the device manager, there's only 3 things. 

Microsoft Kernel Debug network adapter

Qualcomm atheros pci-e gigabit ethernet adapter

and, teredo tunneling pseudo-interface

the teredo tunneling thing have the icon with a warning sign. i honestly don't undersand any single thing here :/

n3XsQ.png 

on the device manager, there's only 3 things. 

Microsoft Kernel Debug network adapter

Qualcomm atheros pci-e gigabit ethernet adapter

and, teredo tunneling pseudo-interface

the teredo tunneling thing have the icon with a warning sign. i honestly don't undersand any single thing here [emoji32]

n3XsQ.png 

I'm wondering if your wificard is loose?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

i think there sould be one device that named lan adapter driver

n3XI9.png 

Edited by adamabraham
one wrong word

1 minute ago, linuxfan66 said:

I'm wondering if your wificard is loose?

hmm... might be. need to check that. but i'm sleepyxD. maybe tomorrow, so i dont mess up..

If the wifi card is dead just buy a new one.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

15 hours ago, Dackzy said:

If the wifi card is dead just buy a new one.

maybe thats right, i've reconnect the adapter, and it seems that the laptop still not detecting it, even in device manager. 

11 minutes ago, adamabraham said:

maybe thats right, i've reconnect the adapter, and it seems that the laptop still not detecting it, even in device manager. 

That's a bit weird not gonna lie. It could be your wifi card but it could also be some software, maybe you should try and reinstall windows and see the wifi works. Does lan work?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

14 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

That's a bit weird not gonna lie. It could be your wifi card but it could also be some software, maybe you should try and reinstall windows and see the wifi works. Does lan work?

Lan works, i'm surfing the web over it right now.

1 minute ago, adamabraham said:

Lan works, i'm surfing the web over it right now.

Hmm try to find a intel wireless card 

17 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

will reinstalling windows will delete things in the 'my documents' folder? as i remember, reinstalling windows will format the C: drive, right?

5 minutes ago, adamabraham said:

will reinstalling windows will delete things in the 'my documents' folder? as i remember, reinstalling windows will format the C: drive, right?

Yeah it will delete everything you have on your pc. You can ask it to not format your drive but then the bug will have a change to still be there if it is a software problem.