computer crash to bios

LabRatsinc

Hi guys 

please can you guys help. i baught a new graphics card GTX570 and my pc specs are : I3-3240

asus h61m-k mobo ,  8 gig kingston ram ddr3 , 500 gig HD 

and a titan yama 750 PSU.

so after running the black ops 3 update last night and making sure all drivers are up to date and when i get into the game it loads 

but not even a minute later it crashers the computer into bios settings saying asus surge protection kicked in due to 

unstable power supply 

what could i be doing wrong or that i can check please 

get a power supply that doesnt suck, like evga 650 G2 or something

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

Sounds like your power supply cannot handle the load of the new gpu. Considering you have what appears to be a 750W supply I doubt you are actually hitting a power limit so the supply is either faulty or made of cheap components. Your best bet is to replace it with a better, higher quality, supply before it damages your other components.

yeh thanks it is a 750w power supply rating on the power supply is 20amps over the 12v . 12v1 , 12v3 rails.

ill try ask a friend who might have a stronger psu 

10 minutes ago, LabRatsinc said:

yeh thanks it is a 750w power supply rating on the power supply is 20amps over the 12v . 12v1 , 12v3 rails.

ill try ask a friend who might have a stronger psu 

I don't think your overloading the ratings in anyway (you are probably pulling at most 400ish watts). What is most likely happening is that something in the supply is failing/ has failed and when you use the new gpu under load the increased power draw is causing the supply output to change. This change in the supply is detected by your motherboard which shuts down to protect itself. I would avoid putting a load on your system until you have a better supply to avoid damaging other components in the system.

Source: I'm an electrical engineer.

thanks man i will definatly have a look at the psu although what doesnt make sense is its a brand new PSU baught yesterday

43 minutes ago, LabRatsinc said:

thanks man i will definatly have a look at the psu although what doesnt make sense is its a brand new PSU baught yesterday

A lot of components are put together in massive factories by humans who are extremely stressed.

Because of the nature of the work they never have time to actually test if the component works properly.

So, you would have been the first person to every truly test that PSU.

It's not a race to the bottom.