i5 6500 vs fx 6300 for streaming

Okay I know that the i5 has better performance for gaming but I want to start streaming World of Tanks so would the fx with its 6 cores be better for this or will the i5 suffice?

I have a good internet connection so that won't be an issue. 

If you use OBS you can use the iGPU on the i5 to render the stream. So the i5 all the way. Also, you can use your GPU to render it too with only a small performance reduction, depending on your GPU.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

The i5 is better than the FX6300 basically in every way.

Use the i5!

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

I would recommend spending the extra right now for an i7 or Xeon Skylake because there is no way to make up for the difference, should you choose to upgrade from that i5.

World of Tanks is annoyingly, a single core application, so go for the i5 over that 6300!  (you would anyways.)

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Is that even a question? The i5 blows 6300 out of the fucking spot.

Now on a more serious note, get the Xeon E3-1231v3.
BTW. World of Tanks is a single-threaded game, it will run MUCH better on an Intel CPU

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

the i5 will perform far better even though it has less threads

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

WoT on an fx6300 will run at about an average of 40fps(Atleast for me) with a gtx 970.

i56600k ran it at about 120 average with the same gpu.

My 4690k runs it at about 70 to 80 with a gtx960,all on max settings.

So atleast from my experience go with the i5.No sense getting the fx because of two more cores for streaming when it cant even

reliably run the game in the first place.

Edit: The 6600k was overclocked slightly

Tight and low budget - Fx 6300 will do the job fairly

Not tight budget - i5 6500 is better than Fx 6300 in all respect.

Personally, i won't go for Fx 6300 because it no longer assure future proofing ( although you can't guarantee future proofing in cpu and gpu so buying latest one is little better option) , with i5 you will get your hand on DDR4 memory ( increase in both frequency and latency compare to DDR3) so ' DDR4 will not give you monster increase in performance but it will give performance than DDR3. New sky lake processor is much better than any old Fx or   intel 4th gen processor in terms of performance ( streaming, gaming, etc) future proofing.