Looking for a solid yet inexpensive 3D Printer

Jacktastic-Mofo

I'm looking for a inexpensive yet good 3D printer, my budget is 350$ and under and I live in the US.

Also how is the Micro 3D printer? I've heard mixed reviews about it.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

I have the Folger Tech 202 Prusa i3 which is $289. I bought it to get into 3d printing and it was one of the cheapest options. I was very surprised by both the build and print quality. I have been using it very heavily for ~6 months and its still running perfect. It took a day or so to dial in the print settings (which it will with most printers) but now it prints great. It also has tons of potential to upgrade. It is very easy to increase build volume, dual extrusion, and material that can be printed. I run Hatchbox abs through it and have great results. If you have any questions let me know!

If you want solid, stay away from RepRap. They can be rewarding, but there is a lot more room for a lot more headaches than printing with a more reliable machine. Get a printrbot.

ASU

It depends on what he wants. Reprap is usually cheaper, much easier to repair, and much easier to upgrade. If he doesn't want to fool with calibrating and tinkering than a prebuilt 3d printer is what he wants. It'll cost more though. Reprap has a huge community and tons of people willing to help and solve any problems. Check out RepRap Subreddit

Printrbot simple metal. More than 350 but it's far more reliable than reprap or other cheap options. If you cheap out on your first 3d printer all you will get are headaches.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

16 hours ago, bob345 said:

Printrbot simple metal. More than 350 but it's far more reliable than reprap or other cheap options. If you cheap out on your first 3d printer all you will get are headaches.

This is absolutely true. I made the mistake of cheaping out on my first machine... oh boy. I say get a simple metal or a play from printrbot.

ASU