I love LinusTechTips

FmPhenom

Was involved in another (now locked) thread and was wanting to say that while I do not find everything that linus puts out on youtube the greatest or even good on a daily basis, I do find it nice that we can discuss on the forums if we find his videos informative or not. Thanks linus for having a open forum.

Well, the videos just sometimes feel rushed. Like Linus does the outro and I'm like "but.. but you're not gonna address this or that?!" but that is what you get with daily videos.

To be honest, I would rather get by daily videos (so one video every two days) which are a little longer and more in depth

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

Well, the videos just sometimes feel rushed. Like Linus does the outro and I'm like "but.. but you're not gonna address this or that?!" but that is what you get with daily videos.

To be honest, I would rather get by daily videos (so one video every two days) which are a little longer and more in depth

I think the overall viewer count is higher with daily videos, it'd probably be the same number watching two-day videos, and as such half of the doshwongamoney, which is pretty important

Almost as cool as my temps  

20 minutes ago, Benergy said:

I think the overall viewer count is higher with daily videos, it'd probably be the same number watching two-day videos, and as such half of the doshwongamoney, which is pretty important

Indeed, checking daily makes viewer return every day, uploading at random times makes viewers forget to check the channel.

I agree with @Minibois idea for bi-daily videos (one video every 2 days). It would be as consistent as daily, but it would give the LMG guys a little more time to polish and work the videos to perfection.

ESXi SysAdmin

I have more cores/threads than you...and I use them all

2 minutes ago, Sunshine1868 said:

I agree with @Minibois idea for bi-daily videos (one video every 2 days). It would be as consistent as daily, but it would give the LMG guys a little more time to polish and work the videos to perfection.

They have a working pipeline for pumping out a video a day. Moving to two videos a day doesn't make sense.

1 hour ago, Kloaked said:

They have a working pipeline for pumping out a video a day. Moving to two videos a day doesn't make sense.

You are misreading

1 video every OTHER day. Monday, Wednesday, Friday, WAN

Repeat.

ESXi SysAdmin

Just now, Sunshine1868 said:

You are misreading

1 video every OTHER day. Monday, Wednesday, Friday, WAN

Repeat.

I meant to say a video every two days. My mind is all over the place.

Just now, Kloaked said:

I meant to say a video every two days. My mind is all over the place.

Either way, the pipeline for 1 per day is too crammed (in a few of our opinions)

scaling it back could increase the quality while continuing a reliable, constant stream

ESXi SysAdmin

I love LTT aswell. Yes I'd think a higher quality (content) longer, better prepared video every other day would be better. 3 REALLY good videos per week is a lot more useful than 5 really quick and nasty videos. Maybe 30 minute or 45 minutes shows with 15 minutes of dedicated ads for their sponsors would be a better format and give them more time for preperation?

BTW If I couldn't live in Australia anymore I'd move to Canada. I love you guys!

11 hours ago, Minibois said:

I think a better solution is more multi-part videos. You've just got to make sure each part is put out on a regular schedule instead of sporadically.

I just want 40 minute build logs again :D

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

I love his youtube channel but his Linus cat tips clanle as no tips on cats:ph34r:

Well guys i started to follow the channel a week ago and i do grant you that some vids are just for the sake of uploading content and not much else however  i must admit most of them are nice overall and i do enjoy em

I think some of the best content is the older content I suggest you watch the older stuff.  

Linus tends to rush some of his videos. But we still love him

~` please , don't let my whole life burn down `~

- why can't i just focus right now? -

; i'm tired ;

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 5:03 PM, Minibois said:

18 hours ago, GR1MES said:

Linus tends to rush some of his videos. But we still love him

5 minutes ago, FmPhenom said:

That guy looks like prince...

"As Individuals we are weak like twigs but when we come together we become a mighty faggot"