Samsung Galaxy S7: Leaked pictures

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

The images could be some of the first tantalising looks at Samsung's long awaited follow-up to the Galaxy S6

One image, released by Vietnamese tech website ReviewDao, appears to show the back of the device, but unfortunately doesn't give too much away.

s7leak3_0.jpg

s7leak1.jpg

Another leaked image, which was released around the same time on Chinese social network Weibo, purports to show the front of the S7 Edge, the larger, curved-screen version of the phone, which will likely be released alongside the standard model on 21 February.

s7leak2.jpg

The image shows the phone displaying the results of an AnTuTu benchmark test, which labels the phone as an SM-G9350, which earlier leaks have claimed is the S7 Edge's model number.

i liked the metal finish of S6 though hated the no SD card expansion slot, i don't mind non removable battery, just give me dem expansion slots, would you sacrifice metal for plastic to get a removable battery/expansion slot ? 

PS i still own an S3

Source : http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/samsung-galaxy-s7-leaked-pictures-specs-release-date-camera-rumours-a6863691.html

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Again with the glossy/glass back. Not that I'm ever going to buy a Samsung phone, it just looks bad IMO.

woop doo shit

removable back

its better than the s6

Edited by colonel_mortis
Removed quote of OP

Yeah like having the removable battery and SD slot, but yeah they could make it look better and more polished or something. needs to look as good as the s6 or better you cant go down in standard.

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

Just now, Josephdalepi said:

woop doo shit

removable back

its better than the s6

how  do you know its removable?

Just now, Josephdalepi said:

woop doo shit

removable back

its better than the s6

please snip your posts out of courtesy...

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I'd rather get plastic body (good one like the Lumia,non glossy) rather than metal body if it means I can have expandable memory. Fuck 'premium'  (@kloaked)

Also, is that just a single led flash?

BAR OF SOAP 

GALAXY S3 IS BACK

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

3 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

how  do you know its removable?

back of it sticks out like it is

at least it god damn better be

3 minutes ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

please snip your posts out of courtesy...

woops

really sorry about that

i usually do, forgot

ill try to do better

Hopefully expansion slot does not mean that they will only offer low-capacity model. Their are so many apps that does not work with expansion slots.

Plus I've had quite a bit of headaches with microSD-cards.

I seriously do not understand why people buy Samsung phones. Its a software bloated plastic piece of garbage at a premium price. 

I dont get it.

And their ads are verbal spam.

Lenovo/IBM ThinkPad T61 Widescreen 15.4" 1680x1050
Intel Core2Duo T8300 2.4GHz | 3GB DDR2 from Hynix | SATA II Patched bios (Middleton) | Samsung EVO 850
Arch Linux | Linux 4.3.X x86_64

4 minutes ago, silentmelodies said:

I seriously do not understand why people buy Samsung phones. Its a software bloated plastic piece of garbage at a premium price. 

I dont get it.

Marketing.

I used a relative's Galaxy phone this Christmas since they wanted to know how to do something on their phone. They saw me using mine and mentioned how clean my UI looked. I installed the Google Now launcher for them and they were like "This is so much better!", noting the Google Now feed with just a right-swipe, minimal UI at the home screen. ShitWiz still had the UI looking dumb in the Android notification drop-down and in the settings.

I've never used a Galaxy before that, but I know I will never own one now.

6 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Marketing.

I knew it was that, but are people really that ignorant?

Intel Core2Duo T8300 2.4GHz | 3GB DDR2 from Hynix | SATA II Patched bios (Middleton) | Samsung EVO 850

1 minute ago, silentmelodies said:

I knew it was that, but are people really that ignorant?

When people still shop in stores for electronics like phones or tablets, all they see are large Apple and Samsung logos hanging from ceilings. Literal ignorance yes, but they're not stupid. They just don't know anything else because it's all being secluded by the large marketing backing of Apple and Samsung.

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

When people still shop in stores for electronics like phones or tablets, all they see are large Apple and Samsung logos hanging from ceilings. Literal ignorance yes, but they're not stupid. They just don't know anything else because it's all being secluded by the large marketing backing of Apple and Samsung.

What a steaming pile of turd.

2 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

would you sacrifice metal for plastic to get a removable battery/expansion slot ? 

plastic over metal any day of the week for me!

Topic: oh well. another year, no removable battery, no samsung for me. I should just move to the LG V10 but it's so hard to let go of the S-Pen

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

So far the rumors point to it being largely the same as S6 with few exceptions. No removable back. MicroSD card slot. Bigger battery at the cost of slightly increased thickness. I've heard it being bumped from 2600 mah to 3600 mah. Sadly it will probably still be bogged down by Touchwiz. 

The front always looks like shit online and yet look good in person. I'll have to see how this one looks when it's out. That back however looks hideous. Why the fuck is it so hard to understand glossy things are horrible?

Doesn't look to differ much, but I wouldn't say this to be the final design, as far as materials.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

4 hours ago, silentmelodies said:

I dont get it.

Anyone who calls samsung device trash doesn't know what they're talking about. Yes it has its of issues, but what phone doesn't.

Samsung makes great phones, they're literally the market leader on the android side. It's the same thing as Apple, apple makes great devices, anyone who calls iPhones garbage has no idea what they're talking about. 

Since you hate samsung, I'm sure you've spent a great amount of time with them /s now why don't you try elaborating your issues with the latest samsung devices? Most I can think of is the battery life was mediocre, wasn't terrible, wan't fantastic, it was just mediocre.

Another I can think of is the aggressive task manager, killing off apps once you go over 6 apps running in the background. Was this issue annoying? Yes. Was it a deal breaker? Well it shouldn't have been, but who knows what people's standards are.

I would prefer if this was ALL plastic like my note 3. It had removable battery, sd card support, and an ir blaster. All of tgis is missing from my note 5 and that is why this phone isn't as good as the note 3, imo. The screen is nice though. I am excited for the note 6, if it had a removable battery i would buy it in a heartbeat. 

3 hours ago, thecreativename said:

Anyone who calls samsung device trash doesn't know what they're talking about. Yes it has its of issues, but what phone doesn't.

Samsung makes great phones, they're literally the market leader on the android side. It's the same thing as Apple, apple makes great devices, anyone who calls iPhones garbage has no idea what they're talking about. 

Since you hate samsung, I'm sure you've spent a great amount of time with them /s now why don't you try elaborating your issues with the latest samsung devices? Most I can think of is the battery life was mediocre, wasn't terrible, wan't fantastic, it was just mediocre.

Another I can think of is the aggressive task manager, killing off apps once you go over 6 apps running in the background. Was this issue annoying? Yes. Was it a deal breaker? Well it shouldn't have been, but who knows what people's standards are.

People want a titan x and xeon processor in their phone duh...

8 hours ago, silentmelodies said:

I dont get it.

The S6 is a solid piece of metal and glass. They massively improved touchwiz so it's no longer bloated and actually has useful features. At the start of 2015, there was basically no phone that could beat it. The HTC One M9 was poor quality and had overheating issues. Every other phone available at the time had less processing power or the potato 810.

I personally own one and have no issues with it. 

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x