Comcast begs Atlanta customers not to switch to Google Fiber

Google, Telstra (Helstra) and Optus need to get rekt over here as well.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

-I don't know why it double posted, only clicked reply once-

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Lol wow...just to debunk that card:

1. That's wifi - ie, your router. Nothing to do with your ISP.  Not to mention if you're getting gigabit, that's not happening wirelessly anyway, so... who cares?
  2. That sounds like their TV service... again, I don't see the connection
  3. TV again... 
  4. :dry:

so, don't use google fiber because they don't provide TV?  Correct me if I'm wrong but you could just use Xfinity's TV service if you wanted and also have google fiber... ?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

7 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

If only Google Fibre would get to CT...

...and MA, and RI, and VT, and NH, and ME...

2 minutes ago, Daring said:

...and MA, and RI, and VT, and NH, and ME...

and Canada, at all... anywhere

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Here's something I just realized... that whole "Don't believe the hype" title.  It don't think they thought that through.

Imagine the two kinds of customers they have: the techies, and the rest.

The techies are already well aware of google fiber and this ridiculous list isn't going to fool any of them.

The rest of people probably have either A. not even heard of google fiber, or B. wouldn't know that it is supposed to be way better.  If they had just not done anything, or maybe used a different title they might have been fine, but now a bunch of newly enlightened people are going "wait, what hype?  What are they trying to hide from us... <does research> OH DEAR GOD!"

Curious to see how this goes... :)