Anything on LTT takes lots of time to load anything

Derpologist

Alright so ever since the new LTT update, LTT has taken a very long time to load anything. 

I have tried with multiple browsers, after restarting, and on 5 different wifi networks, two of which are geographically distanced from the others. 

LTT takes around five seconds to even begin to load, and will sometimes load in parts. If I click on anything, let's say something on the recent posts sidebar, it takes around seven seconds to load. 

This isn't too big of a deal, however, the old LTT was much faster (under 1 second). 

I'm at my school right now, this is what I just tested on speedtest: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5075038078

While it's at this speed, LTT still takes an upward of 6 seconds to load anything. Does anyone experience this as well/know if there will be performance updates in the future?

Welcome to LTT! Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat, I love conversation!

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

I have noticed this issue occurring for the last several days as well.

Its not my connection, but I think it is the host server that is running slow.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I don’t think its actually us

i think its the servers

I read something on the forums

where they are still moving things from the old one to the new one?

I THINK never said that was the reason

It is a bit slower, but not that much, for me. We are actively investigating issues that could be causing slowdowns, but part of the issue is just that the forum software is quite large now.

Make sure that you aren't clearing your cache or anything - quite a lot of the initial loading time is loading cachable resources.

HTTP/2 203

I have been giving it some time before I make a thread.

"Unread Content" is fast as normal.

Content | Posted In, under Activity Streams, takes around 25-30 seconds to load.  The first few days after the update, it was fast.

There is perhaps something to the slowdown. If i use the forums, and leave it on idle for a mere few minutes, all for the links and buttons stop working when I get back.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

1 minute ago, Colonel_Gerdauf said:

There is perhaps something to the slowdown. If i use the forums, and leave it on idle for a mere few minutes, all for the links and buttons stop working when I get back.

What do you mean by stop working? That sounds like an unrelated issue, though not one that I've experienced or that anyone else has reported.

HTTP/2 203

I have noticed the forum is extremely slow on my iPhone 5, iOS 9.2.1 - as OP said, 5-7 seconds for any page to load. I do not have this issue on desktop OS's. I'm wondering if there is a bug in the mobile version of the site, or maybe it isn't dumbed down enough for my iPhone to be able to render it? I haven't pinned down whether it is slow page delivery or slow page rendering, but I suspect it's on the rendering side, as my wifi and LTE are both good and I mostly have this issue on the LTT forum post-upgrade.

Edit: I've been paying more attention to the loading. Every time I click a link, the SSL padlock dissappears, and the it takes 4-5 seconds for it to come back. After that the page loads almost immediately.

If I understand HTTP properly, you have to initiate a new SSL connection for every page load, but images and such can be loaded in the same connection. So this leads me to think a major cause of the slowdown for me is the SSL handshake. If there is anything I can do to help, mods are free to PM me or ask here. If this is different from OP's issue, I'll start a new thread.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

Very slow for me as well. Brings back painful memories from the days of dial up! Hopefully the speed will improve soon! Hopefully!

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

It is a bit slower, but not that much, for me. We are actively investigating issues that could be causing slowdowns, but part of the issue is just that the forum software is quite large now.

Make sure that you aren't clearing your cache or anything - quite a lot of the initial loading time is loading cachable resources.

Takes me at least 30 seconds for me to load pages now.

5075337837.png 

ya I have the same deal as iamdarkyoshi its pretty damn bad...like someone starting a DDoS bad. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

It's really slow for me, posting especially. Could just be my 200ms ping tho.

ADSL Master Race

Failed to load signature. Error 404 - Witty comment not found

The site is loading slowly and giving errors for everyone at the moment. We are investigating the issue.

HTTP/2 203

5 minutes ago, WamWooWam said:

It's really slow for me, posting especially. Could just be my 200ms ping tho.

Shitty ADSL Master Race

I got like 5ms ping so ..ya

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

And the site is back up. Working faster as well. xD (At least for me)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, SansVarnic said:

And the site is back up. Working faster as well. xD

Not faster, just back to how it was a few hours ago.

HTTP/2 203

site is back up from outage, but the information I posted in my note above is still true - that is the usual condition for this site post-upgrade.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

Upgrading stuff never goes smoothly, Windows 10 anyone?

4 minutes ago, WamWooWam said:

Upgrading stuff never goes smoothly, Windows 10 anyone?

Windows 10, windows 7, android 6, android 5, all running chrome, no issues.

Edit: I need to read. Good grief.

Just now, iamdarkyoshi said:

Windows 10, windows 7, android 6, android 5, all running chrome, no issues.

IDK I've never had a good time upgrading things, it always seems to break SOMETHING.

1 minute ago, WamWooWam said:

IDK I've never had a good time upgrading things, it always seems to break SOMETHING.

I read uploading not updating. Not sure why. But ya, I have issues all the time with upgrades. I need to start using my brain and read stuff before posting :P