970 or wait!

Chewique
6 minutes ago, Chewique said:

I enjoy it xD

fair enough, not judging i play slime rancher :P . just wait m8, join me on my quest to wait pascal! my build doesn't even have a GPU yet (currently its running of with intel HD)

Just now, SeanAngelo said:

wait.

or... just get a 980Ti/R9 390 now.

Im not rich and i dont like frame stutter :P

MY RIG

I5 6600k

16gb Corsair vengeance 2666mhz

MSI Gaming X 1070

WD blue 2tb

samsung 850 evo 250gb

EVGA supernova G2 650w

1 minute ago, agentagent47 said:

fair enough, not judging i play slime rancher :P . just wait m8, join me on my quest to wait pascal! my build doesn't even have a GPU yet (currently its running of with intel HD)

I might just do that and see what happens!

MY RIG

I5 6600k

MSI Gaming X 1070

WD blue 2tb

samsung 850 evo 250gb

EVGA supernova G2 650w

4 minutes ago, Chewique said:

Im not rich and i dont like frame stutter :P

I owned a 390 Nitro, stuttering in every game I owned. Sold it right away. Though my 290 didn't suffer from it.

Honestly If you're going to stick with the i5 you'll be limited by it. Not the end of the world, but I wouldn't go over a 970.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Just now, App4that said:

I owned a 390 Nitro, stuttering in every game I owned. Sold it right away. Though my 290 didn't suffer from it.

Honestly If you're going to stick with the i5 you'll be limited by it. Not the end of the world, but I would go over a 970.

I do do youtube so i need no stutter

MY RIG

I5 6600k

MSI Gaming X 1070

WD blue 2tb

samsung 850 evo 250gb

EVGA supernova G2 650w

970 is already cheap. Though your games isn't really demanding, I don't think you'll get cheaper prices than current rate. They'll probably drop $50 tops, and that's months away. Buy now, and enjoy your game.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Just now, Lethal Seraph said:

970 is already cheap. Though your games isn't really demanding, I don't think you'll get cheaper prices than current rate. They'll probably drop $50 tops, and that's months away. Buy now, and enjoy your game.

Im getting it in july anyway so i may as well just wait!

MY RIG

I5 6600k

MSI Gaming X 1070

WD blue 2tb

samsung 850 evo 250gb

EVGA supernova G2 650w

Just now, Chewique said:

Im getting it in july anyway so i may as well just wait!

Oh okay... but still- they won't drop in price that much since it's nowhere near a holiday bargain pricing.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

I got screwed because I bought the last Vapor-x 290 NewEgg had. When I had saved up enough money to crossfire all the 290 were 100 bucks more than they had been a month earlier. Prices tend to go up.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

4 hours ago, Chewique said:

You could get a b-stock 980 from evga for $350 but depending on how patient/eager you are to build your PC wait or don't wait. Also don't go with AMD over a 970 unless you're getting a fury or fury x.

Processor i5 4440 Graphics Card GTX 980ti Motherboard MSI B85M-G43 Memory 8GB Storage 1TB HDD Power Supply XFX TS 750W Case Fractal Design Core 1300

5 hours ago, Matt_Twinkletoes said:

You could get a b-stock 980 from evga for $350 but depending on how patient/eager you are to build your PC wait or don't wait. Also don't go with AMD over a 970 unless you're getting a fury or fury x.

Agreed, stay NVIDIA unless you want the best AMD cards, and even so, you could still jut get a 980Ti or something of the same sorts.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

9 hours ago, Majestic said:

prices of older series have never dropped in the past. Don't know where people get this idea. They always remain the same and increase eventually due to supply&demand.

In my own case, at select retailers, some do put them on sale, just by a small margin, but they really also super-advertise the newest series, and mark the old ones as like a "good alternative". In USD, the prices really only range from like $10-$50, which is not too much considering 980Ti's and 980's are in the over $450-500 price range, with some Ti's going up even over $650.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

I don't even feel like its worth waiting for the next generation of graphics cards, Just tell your family you need Titan X's in SLI.

Lol seriously though just go for what you can afford now, you can do the step up program from EVGA if something better comes out that you can afford.

I actually just ordered a 980Ti Hybrid myself for over $700 USD ;) Itll be here tomorrow! Just get a card ASAP so you can enjoy it and step-up when the time is right

Minecraft? Yeah, 390 if you're modding it heavily. The 8GB of VRAM will be useful.

Honestly, you should just wait on the whole system at this point.  AMD is launching a new CPU that will be extremely competitive, Intel will have a new architecture, and both AMD and Nvidia will have new graphics cards built entirely on a new process.  That's what I'm doing, but my system is only 5 years old (Sandy Bridge).