Spray painting/Plastidipping parts? Good or bad idea?

verydogesuchwow

Ok, so the color of my RAM totally clashes with everything else in my case, and I'm not about to spend $90 on getting blue colored RAM.. it's a terrible idea

Anybody with experience doing this, is this safe to do given you cover the circuits and sensitive parts?

Intel i7 6700K | MSI Krait Z170A MSI GTX 980 w/ NZXT Kraken G10/x31 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD/WD Blue 1TB HDD NZXT H440 | K70 RGB/SteelSeries Rival

5 minutes ago, verydogesuchwow said:

Ok, so the color of my RAM totally clashes with everything else in my case, and I'm not about to spend $90 on getting blue colored RAM.. it's a terrible idea

Anybody with experience doing this, is this safe to do given you cover the circuits and sensitive parts?

take off the heat sinks on the ram, just paint that

If you can't take off the heatsinks then just tape the DIMM and paint it. The heat spreader isn't a part of the dire components so you most likely will be good.

17 minutes ago, verydogesuchwow said:

You can ideally you should remove the heat spreaders before painting, I have a general guide here under Motherboard and RAM Painting including Genreral Painting that goes over all of it: