VR ready, set, go!

After reading an article this morning that discusses how companies like Asus, Alienware, and Dell are now pumping out "VR ready" pc's, I thought I would bring up a discussion about all this VR hype.

Is the new "VR ready" identifier associated with actual hardware changes, or would I be right to assume that they are just throwing this label on pre-existing products that have always been ready?

Is anyone actually excited for VR? Does anyone plan on buying a headset? Is anybody listening to me?

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/132133/20160210/oculus-vr-announces-rift-ready-pc-bundles-preorder-starts-on-feb-16.htm

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2016-02/10/oculus-pc-computer-cost

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

2 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

After reading an article this morning that discusses how companies like Asus, Alienware, and Dell are now pumping out "VR ready" pc's, I thought I would bring up a discussion about all this VR hype.

Is the new "VR ready" identifier associated with actual hardware changes, or would I be right to assume that they are just throwing this label on pre-existing products that have always been ready?

Is anyone actually excited for VR? Does anyone plan on buying a headset? Is anybody listening to me?

Probably not. I´d be excited for VR if my computer was capable of it and if I could pretend to ride a dragon.

19 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

i already own 2 for a reason

its epic

they are just slapping a sticker on stuff they sell

and im pissed that my graphics card isnt good enough for the new ones coming out now

Moved to Peripherals. This doesn't comply with our requirements for Tech News as shown below:

When creating a thread in the News subforum, please make sure your post meets the following criteria:

• Your thread must include some original input to tell the reader why it is relevant to them, and what your personal opinion on the topic is.
  • Your thread must include a link to at least one reputable source. Most of the time, this should be a respected news site.
  • Your thread should also include quotes from the cited source(s). While you shouldn't just copy the entire article, your quote should give the reader a summary of the article in a way that gives the key details, but also leaves room for them to read the full article on the linked website. Please use quote tags (the speech bubble at the top of the editor, under the  :)) to show that you have copied this content from another site.
  • The title of your thread must be relevant to the topic and should give a reader a good idea of the contents of the thread. Copying the title of the source is permitted but absolutely not required.
  • If your article is about a product or some form of media, images are always appreciated, although they are not required.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch