Bluetooth & PS4 controller

EdInk

I currently use a PS4 controller for racing games and I experience game crashes when using the Bluetooth connection. When I use a USB cable, it plays flawlessly. Bluetooth dongle is a Belkin version 2.1 and use DS4 windows as the supporting software.

Will updating the dongle and version to one later than 2.1 help to keep a more stable Bluetooth connection as the game crashes when the connection is lost for a split second.

I have one of these and cant say ive had any blutooth related crashes 

https://www.asus.com/Networking/USBBT211_Mini_Bluetooth_Dongle/

that being said it might be something about your particular mobo that does not like bluetooth/that particular dongle so its hard to say what might fix it.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Give InputMapper a try. Personally I find it much better than DS4 and been able to get some games working nicer than what you can with the config options DS4 has, plus I also found it more reliable. Also it is basically the same software, made by the same group of people.

https://inputmapper.com/

Edit: From memory the problematic software was PS1 & PS2 emulators so kind of a fringe case for most people.

3 hours ago, leadeater said:

Give InputMapper a try. Personally I find it much better than DS4 and been able to get some games working nicer than what you can with the config options DS4 has, plus I also found it more reliable. Also it is basically the same software, made by the same group of people.

https://inputmapper.com/

Edit: From memory the problematic software was PS1 & PS2 emulators so kind of a fringe case for most people.

his problem has nothing to do with any kind of softare (or lack there of) that hes using, its with bluetooth, inputmapper is going to do nothing to help this.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I'll try a different dongle and see how it goes. relatively cheap to pick up. Although, Windows 10 could be the culprit here too.

If a different dongle works could you please post? Hvaing the same problem :'(

43 minutes ago, amarulagold said:

If a different dongle works could you please post? Hvaing the same problem :'(

What's dongle do you have?

5 hours ago, Nexxus said:

his problem has nothing to do with any kind of softare (or lack there of) that hes using, its with bluetooth, inputmapper is going to do nothing to help this.

Actually it could. I had a similar issue and inputmapper and it's driver handled loss of signal better. You can also configure bluetooth response time resiliency in the program, you can back it off which does increase input latency but reduces drop outs. Also when it does lose signal it doesn't crash out games either.

Sometimes better hardware isn't the answer and trying something that costs nothing can't hurt your pocket either.