when do you turn off ur computer?

keiwein2
Go to solution Solved by verydogesuchwow,

Totally doesn't matter... turn it off when you need it off..

turning it off at different times doesn't do anything.. so yeah..

how often do you guys shut down ur computer, how much would you reccomend i turn it off? off or hibernate? which will give me a longer life for my computer? thx in advance!

Totally doesn't matter... turn it off when you need it off..

turning it off at different times doesn't do anything.. so yeah..

Intel i7 6700K | MSI Krait Z170A MSI GTX 980 w/ NZXT Kraken G10/x31 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD/WD Blue 1TB HDD NZXT H440 | K70 RGB/SteelSeries Rival

Just now, keiwein2 said:

so it wont affect the life of ur computer?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD USE YOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also no it wont

If I use words like probably or most likely, it is because I dislike certainty. These words can probably be omitted and the sentence read as a certainty.

Just now, keiwein2 said:

so it wont affect the life of ur computer?

No

Overclocking is the thing that could potentially affect the life of your computer.. not turning it on and off :P

Intel i7 6700K | MSI Krait Z170A MSI GTX 980 w/ NZXT Kraken G10/x31 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD/WD Blue 1TB HDD NZXT H440 | K70 RGB/SteelSeries Rival

will it affect the performance of ur computer if u leav it on or something?

WHY IS THAT FUNNY. I am completely serious. ;_;

If I use words like probably or most likely, it is because I dislike certainty. These words can probably be omitted and the sentence read as a certainty.

1 minute ago, keiwein2 said:

will it affect the performance of ur computer if u leav it on or something?

No it wont. WTF is wrong with YOUR grammer.

In a way, you will only be able to turn it on/off a certain amount of times before your computer dies, however it doesn't actually affect your computer life.

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

2 minutes ago, NTF5252 said:

WHY IS THAT FUNNY. I am completely serious. ;_;

IT DEPENDS

If you use it very often or periodically leave it on (if your not concerned with bills) and use sleep

and if you dont use it very often then use hibernate or off, with tech these days its more likely your computer hardware becomes obsolete before it will wear and tear the computer,

plz do good gramer plz bi propheshinal  

I go to sleep or watch YouTube videos in peace. Also because I have an overclock with a CX PSU, so for safety measures I turn it off.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Due to the fact that my computer is near silent at idle there is no point in me turning it off so I don't, also a lot of the time I have apps and other stuff open on my computer that I don't want to close resulting in me being reluctant to power off my computer.

it's summer here and my room is a furnace so i have my h100i on full speed and it sounds like a freight train, so I turn my PC off when I don't use it

idk

I ve been turning on and shutting down my pc for 7and half years on win xp. 

I switch between sleep and shutdown when I'm not on it depending on how long I think it will be before I go back on it. Electricity is so expensive in FL so I mainly use other devices unless I'm gaming or doing something local where an ARM CPU doesn't cut it.

-KuJoe

I shut mine down any time I'm not using it, because I'm an adult and have to pay my own electric bill.  I also turn off lights in rooms that nobody is in, and shut the refrigerator door between using or putting away things. :D

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop