Does anyone know what this mouse driver is?

Spacey93

Hey guys, so I just did a clean install of Windows 10 on my new PC, and I'm using a Cooler Master Storm Devastator mouse. All was going well until I connected to the internet and noticed Windows automatically downloaded something called pximouse.exe It's enabled under the startup tab on task manager and is located in System32. I have no clue if this is some sort of driver, or if it's even necessary for my mouse model. Any answers would be appreciated as to why I've got this random file?

No idea, should be fine.. but what website were you on when this occurred?

Intel i7 6700K | MSI Krait Z170A MSI GTX 980 w/ NZXT Kraken G10/x31 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD/WD Blue 1TB HDD NZXT H440 | K70 RGB/SteelSeries Rival

6 minutes ago, verydogesuchwow said:

No idea, should be fine.. but what website were you on when this occurred?

Wasn't actually on any website. Windows just started downloading the Intel drivers and everything else it does after a clean install. But I noticed after all that done I had something called pximouse in the startup tab on task manager. Right clicked file location and found it's in System32 but instead is named TiltWheelMouse.exe. Just wondering what it actually does or if it's anything to be concerned about, because there's not a lot of info on google about it. My mouse also seemed to be working fine before it installed.

18 minutes ago, woll3 said:

iirc it has something to do with some sort of Mcafee endpoint encryption, it would fit as Intel and McAfee are one.

Oh, ok. It's quite weird seeing as this mouse model doesn't even have a tilting mouse wheel.