NZXT Hue+ Review

verydogesuchwow

Ok, I'm bored and super sick, so why not!

cover_a4bccf3ae2204462.jpg

NZXT Hue+

So to start off, I really like this little thing. It's small, looks nice, it's easy to control, and has unique features. Also, I would like to point out that the market for this exact kind of product is relatively small, which puts it at an advantage.

Pros:

-Small and easy to move around to fit your needs with the magnets in the LED strips/3M tape for non-magnetic surfaces

-Bright LEDs

-Very easy to customize brightness, modes, etc through NZXT's CAM software (which I would usually say is "meh" out there with other programs that do the same thing)

-Appealing, yet minimalist

Cons:

-EXPENSIVE ($60 USD with shipping (if you get it online) and taxes) compared with other opponents that are a little less advanced, yet still usable and practical (1st gen Hue, normal LED strips)

-OK hub quality (made in China, not very substantial feeling)

Overall, I would give it a 3.5/5 given that it is very easy to use, customizable, and unique, yet expensive and leaves a little bit to be desired given the price point.

Use in a mainly gaming/some normal use computer:

IMG_2475.JPG

(bad quality picture, and the lighting is also much brighter than this)

Intel i7 6700K | MSI Krait Z170A MSI GTX 980 w/ NZXT Kraken G10/x31 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD/WD Blue 1TB HDD NZXT H440 | K70 RGB/SteelSeries Rival

I have the device, it looks BEAST in my machine. I think it is well worth the 60 bucks, the pros are all accurate, and I also think that the box looks fine too. My only complaint about the product is the molex power plug instead of the more casual sata. It is well worth getting. I heard that its compatible with Free Ram too!

Also, DUDE, your cable management is horrendous, trying to hide it with leds just makes it worse!

Computers r fun

I literally just got this into my pc tonight and i LOVE it. its so much fun. I need to find a better spot in my case so i dont see the LEDs though. Thats going to be hard.

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

3 minutes ago, verydogesuchwow said:

CAM software (which I would usually say is "meh" out there with other programs that do the same thing)

I dont think any companies will ever get any software for any kinds of RGB lighting(I have a K70 RGB)

If I use words like probably or most likely, it is because I dislike certainty. These words can probably be omitted and the sentence read as a certainty.

1 minute ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

I have the device, it looks BEAST in my machine. I think it is well worth the 60 bucks, the pros are all accurate, and I also think that the box looks fine too. My only complaint about the product is the molex power plug instead of the more casual sata. It is well worth getting. I heard that its compatible with Free Ram too!

Also, DUDE, your cable management is horrendous, trying to hide it with leds just makes it worse!

TELL ME ABOUT IT hahahahha

I got a new case (H440) and it's coming tomorrow/thursday and that SHOULD have better cable management w/ a PSU shroud (and I'll probably make more of an effort to do so)

Intel i7 6700K | MSI Krait Z170A MSI GTX 980 w/ NZXT Kraken G10/x31 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD/WD Blue 1TB HDD NZXT H440 | K70 RGB/SteelSeries Rival

1 minute ago, NTF5252 said:

I dont think any companies will ever get any software for any kinds of RGB lighting(I have a K70 RGB)

True, but I meant for monitoring your components it's meh

8 minutes ago, verydogesuchwow said:

hub quality

4 minutes ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

I also think that the box looks fine too