Looking For Relativly Inexpensive Media Device For Kodi

Orangeator

Hello, I have a budget around $100 tops for a media streaming device that supports Kodi, Netflix... etc I am curious what is the best for the buck? Raspberry Pi, Amazon Fire TV, or some other set top box. I would like not to spend over $100 as I will be putting one in each room of my house. Which there are 3 rooms with a TV. I would like external storage like an SD slot and possibly a USB slot but that isn't required. Anything you guys would recommend?

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Amazon Fire stick I think you can download it onto it.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

I use the Fire TV Stick and everything's functional in Kodi. I'd assume the Fire TV box will do just as well in Kodi. You could go with the Raspberry Pi if you want cheaper, not exactly sure how the Kodi experience is on there, but it has the stuff you wanted.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

39 minutes ago, evilarceus said:

I use the Fire TV Stick and everything's functional in Kodi. I'd assume the Fire TV box will do just as well in Kodi. You could go with the Raspberry Pi if you want cheaper, not exactly sure how the Kodi experience is on there, but it has the stuff you wanted.

Thanks, I I will check out the Fire TV Stick. Can you get a keyboard/mouse with it?

If they are Bluetooth, yes.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

On 2/10/2016 at 9:20 PM, Nicko_barbeque said:

Rasberry Pi is ok my buddy said...

I can vouch for the Raspberry Pi 2, it's fantastic and covers the vast majority of what you are looking for in terms of an inexpensive media device for Kodi 

If you quote me or are replying to me please @ me. Thanks

2 hours ago, Raggou said:

I can vouch for the Raspberry Pi 2, it's fantastic and covers the vast majority of what you are looking for in terms of an inexpensive media device for Kodi 

Alright, and it can display 60 fps in Kodi at 1080p? Just need to make sure, as I know Kodi makes it's own OS for Kodi. I just don't know the specifics of its capability.

On 2/11/2016 at 5:17 PM, Orangeator said:

Alright, and it can display 60 fps in Kodi at 1080p? Just need to make sure, as I know Kodi makes it's own OS for Kodi. I just don't know the specifics of its capability.

Yeah it absolutely can! Here is a link to backup my claims! http://hackaday.com/2012/01/24/raspberry-pi-runs-xbmc-reliably-decodes-1080p/

Also that link is related to the original Pi and there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't grab the Raspberry Pi 2! 

If you quote me or are replying to me please @ me. Thanks

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 9:38 PM, Raggou said:

Yeah it absolutely can! Here is a link to backup my claims! http://hackaday.com/2012/01/24/raspberry-pi-runs-xbmc-reliably-decodes-1080p/

Also that link is related to the original Pi and there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't grab the Raspberry Pi 2! 

Yeah, I've looked into this too but OP is looking for Netflix as well and it's my understanding that it's not possible to watch Netflix on the Rpi, has this changed?

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:15 PM, Orangeator said:

Hello, I have a budget around $100 tops for a media streaming device that supports Kodi, Netflix... etc I am curious what is the best for the buck? Raspberry Pi, Amazon Fire TV, or some other set top box. I would like not to spend over $100 as I will be putting one in each room of my house. Which there are 3 rooms with a TV. I would like external storage like an SD slot and possibly a USB slot but that isn't required. Anything you guys would recommend?

After some additional research I've figured the best option for me which is similar to what you want would be the Amazon FireTV or FiretTv Stick. You can load Kodi onto it and have it access your media from your network. Additionally, you can get Netflix (including 4K if you want and its UI is optimized for the Fire Remote) on the FireTV which currently there's no real other system that makes this easy. Load the App FireStarter and you can make it load Kodi whenever you press home. This is the route I'm going to take. Just ordered my FireTv.