Why are all of mice with gaming buttons on the side wired?

Duchess

Seriously, its 2016 wireless mouse lag doesnt exist?  And the G602 isnt the best mouse around but being wireless makes it the only bearable one

If you're using it for gaming, then I would imagine you also wouldn't want potential interference, which wireless devices may have issues with. Wires won't allow for wireless interference.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

wireless is never as fast as wired

and gaming mice are almost always wired

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

If you're using it for gaming, then I would imagine you also wouldn't want potential interference, which wireless devices may have issues with. Wires won't allow for wireless interference.

The only time ive ever seen interference was an old M510 that didnt work when my walmart 10 bluetooth dongle was plugged in next to it.  That was when usb 3.0 first came out.  moved the bluetooth to a different port and no problems.   If gamers would stop being so paranoid we could be comfortable.  

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

wireless is never as fast as wired

and gaming mice are almost always wired

Most peoples screen have more lag than modern wireless devices.  Im using an hdmi cable right now and im pretty sure those are considered some of the slowest tech ever at 1080p.

2 minutes ago, Duchess said:

Most peoples screen have more lag than modern wireless devices.  Im using an hdmi cable right now and im pretty sure those are considered some of the slowest tech ever at 1080p.

uh, HDMI doesnt have any more input lag than any other cable...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

uh, HDMI doesnt have any more input lag than any other cable...

doesnt it max at 30Hz and thats why most computers use Displayport?  At least for 1080 plus

2 minutes ago, Duchess said:

doesnt it max at 30Hz and thats why most computers use Displayport?  At least for 1080 plus

no...it can do up to 120hz on 1080p

HDMI 2.0 can do 240Hz at 1080p

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, Duchess said:

Seriously, its 2016 wireless mouse lag doesnt exist?  And the G602 isnt the best mouse around but being wireless makes it the only bearable one

The problem is encoding the button presses. More buttons means more possible codes. It has to encode them then send them the usb dongle has to decode convert to usb and then it's up to the pc.

A wired mouse is only doing one conversion to usb. This means the wireless goes through twice the conversions and has twice the lag.

If I use words like probably or most likely, it is because I dislike certainty. These words can probably be omitted and the sentence read as a certainty.

4 minutes ago, Duchess said:

That's not lag. That's bandwidth. For consoles like the PS3 and Xbox 360, you can use it to drive 1080p60 panels, and newer revisions can drive higher refresh rate panels.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

That's not lag. That's bandwidth. For consoles like the PS3 and Xbox 360, you can use it to drive 1080p60 panels, and newer revisions can drive higher refresh rate panels.

is that what the 2.0 or 3.0 means?  My tv says to use different ports for different things (its 4k) but I dont like switching.

1 minute ago, Duchess said:

is that what the 2.0 or 3.0 means?  My tv says to use different ports for different things (its 4k) but I dont like switching.

Those are revisions to the specification. The nice thing about specs for HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI, etc is that you don't need to get newer, better cables. They all support the respective revisions, so any compliant DP cable will support the latest DP revision unless the port was physically changed.

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Those are revisions to the specification. The nice thing about specs for HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI, etc is that you don't need to get newer, better cables. They all support the respective revisions, so any compliant DP cable will support the latest DP revision unless the port was physically changed.

Im using a laptop and my tv has no displayport connects.  On a 700 dollar laptop the GPU cant outperform what two cans and a string could it feels like.

I just play LoL on computer but starting to build one for Star Citizen soon.  I launched the hanger on it, while forgetting to turn res down from 4k.  Took me a while to get back out to the settings lol

There are plenty "gaming" mice that are wireless that do in fact have buttons.  that the naga epic or something.  

12 minutes ago, Qyndryx said:

There are plenty "gaming" mice that are wireless that do in fact have buttons.  that the naga epic or something.  

Like one per company maybe. 

On 2/10/2016 at 5:38 PM, Godlygamer23 said:

That's not actually correct. Since it's a digital signal, you would need a ton of interference in order to screw with it, but in reality, all cables act essentially as antennae. That's why most high end mice come with ferrite chokes on the end. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Here wireless MMO mouse: Razer Naga Epic Chroma

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

5 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

That's not actually correct. Since it's a digital signal, you would need a ton of interference in order to screw with it, but in reality, all cables act essentially as antennae. That's why most high end mice come with ferrite chokes on the end. 

The insulation should be keeping out any unwanted interference as long as it's within spec. Any proper wire is fully insulated.

Why do people want wireless mice anyway? I have used a few wireless mice, including one top-of-the-line gaming mouse, but I cannot say that I've ever had a satisfactory experience.

Regardless of how you slice it, you're either stuck with a charging dock, a charging cable or swapping batteries, all of which are clunky or defeat the purpose of having a wireless mouse in the first place. And if you think the battery inside doesn't add significant amount of weigh to it, you'd be wrong: The batteries weigh 15-31g a piece. You're looking at 10-15% more weigh just from having the damn battery in the mouse.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

On 2/11/2016 at 2:51 PM, olbaze said:

Why do people want wireless mice anyway? I have used a few wireless mice, including one top-of-the-line gaming mouse, but I cannot say that I've ever had a satisfactory experience.

Regardless of how you slice it, you're either stuck with a charging dock, a charging cable or swapping batteries, all of which are clunky or defeat the purpose of having a wireless mouse in the first place. And if you think the battery inside doesn't add significant amount of weigh to it, you'd be wrong: The batteries weigh 15-31g a piece. You're looking at 10-15% more weigh just from having the damn battery in the mouse.

I feel this way about mice and wireless audio,

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

On 2/11/2016 at 4:51 PM, olbaze said:

The weight of wireless gaming mice really is an issue. I used a Logi G700 and G602, Mambe 2009, etc for years then went to a Deathadder Chroma and the difference was night and day. The DA Chroma tracked much better and was so much easier to play FPS games with because of its lift of distance and low weight.  

I used to be a big proponent of wireless mice but they are just getting heavier and heavier. If you could get one with a 3310 sensor or equivalent at less than 100g with 200+ hours of battery life then maybe, just maybe I might consider one again.  But mice like the Zowie/Deathadder/SteelSeries make that feel like a pipe dream.  The only negative I find is the cable drag/pull but it can easily be remedied in a number of ways (DIY).

Win10 | Z77 Extreme4 | 3570k | Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+| 16GB Ripjaws | Corsair RM650 | CrucalMX 100 256 x2| Senn HD 558 |BenQ Zowie EC1A| KBP V60 Blues | Acer XB270H |

Wired mice are actually reliable and don't weigh an extra 20g. 

The only reason I would ever consider a wireless mouse is if it's a MX300/G100s replica that still somehow manages to weight sub 80g. 

G100s (1000 CPI, 500 hz) | Povohat QL mFilter (Post-Scale X/Y at 0.4) | HHKB Pro 2 | Corepad 4XL (cut in half for 60x60 cm pad)

Ye: YouTube  Twitch Steam