IPAD PROS and DESIGNERS

I have ran into a lot of people that claim to be "designers" and they use Ipads/Ipad Pros and claim that these Ipads are better than using a PC and wacom. MY questions is which is better a 1000$ Ipad Pro or a PC and Wacom totaling around 1000$? (For design/art purposes) 

Apple is all marketing and people go for the pro to think they are a pro but it is not pro kit, it is over priced crap. Go for something which is not Apple

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?

666% troll                                                  /s

Graphic designers? Or just doodlers? They could just not know what they're talking about.

They have been brainwashed! Or they are just trying to justify their purchase :P

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Asking on a PC forum if they prefer PC?

If I use words like probably or most likely, it is because I dislike certainty. These words can probably be omitted and the sentence read as a certainty.

3 minutes ago, mathmeister said:

666% troll                                                  /s

Graphic designers? Or just doodlers? They could just not know what they're talking about.

I made this account in august, (never really used it) and I had a question and didn't know where to ask it, so i just posted it here.

I can see where drawing directly on the screen helps a lot (a feature I'm looking desperately for in a thunderbolt compatible laptop) but due to the fact iPad pro runs iOS limits it too much.

If the iPad pro ran OS X (or whatever it's called) It would be a stellar product. But running iOS it's laughable. 

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

They have been brainwashed! Or they are just trying to justify their purchase :P

Yeah, I find it weird to purchase a tablet that is so expensive and is so restricted to what you can do with it

The iPad Pro is just a gigantic piece of anodized shiny crap. No one is going to use it for "professional" or "enterprise" use because it makes ZERO sense. I'd rather buy something like a Microsoft Surface that I can actually download an editing suite or use Photoshop on. If you're a diehard Apple person, just buy a Macbook Pro (not the terrible one that's 0.000000000000000000000001mm thick and has the whopping total of one port.

Sometimes I hate apple.

~` please , don't let my whole life burn down `~

- why can't i just focus right now? -

; i'm tired ;

The ipad pro is terrible and is in no way even close to being as good as a pc with a wacom tablet. Those "designers" you know are either not real designers or fell for apple's pr nonsense without doing any actual research.

Let me just tell you this, it doesn't run the full version of photoshop. That alone should be enough to discard it for any professional design work.

38 minutes ago, Ecd730 said:

Yeah, I find it weird to purchase a tablet that is so expensive and is so restricted to what you can do with it

your first impression was 100% correct

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

40 minutes ago, NTF5252 said:

Asking on a PC forum if they prefer PC?

Asking on the linusTECHtips forum for advice on TECH. Seems reasonable.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

27 minutes ago, GR1MES said:

The iPad Pro is just a gigantic piece of anodized shiny crap. No one is going to use it for "professional" or "enterprise" use because it makes ZERO sense. I'd rather buy something like a Microsoft Surface that I can actually download an editing suite or use Photoshop on. If you're a diehard Apple person, just buy a Macbook Pro (not the terrible one that's 0.000000000000000000000001mm thick and has the whopping total of one port.

Sometimes I hate apple.

WHHHAAA? it doesn't  even run photoshop?? that is so dumb 

8 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Asking on the linusTECHtips forum for advice on TECH. Seems reasonable.

How often do you see things that favor apple over other things on this forum :)

If I use words like probably or most likely, it is because I dislike certainty. These words can probably be omitted and the sentence read as a certainty.

Just now, NTF5252 said:

I'm pretty sure there are quite a few people who are not that bias. 

Just now, NTF5252 said:

Quite often, there are plenty of people who will recommend apple products. Besides thinking certain apple products are bad choices doesn't make that bad advice - as long as we know what we're talking about and give reasons to support our opinions the question is still answered.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

Quite often, there are plenty of people who will recommend apple products. Besides thinking certain apple products are bad choices doesn't make that bad advice - as long as we know what we're talking about and give reasons to support our opinions the question is still answered.

Media production on a iPad is a bad choice tho but its just as stupid on a Windows tablet. I still think this forum is mostly about pcs tho. But its large enough that there is stuff involving nearly all tech. 

54 minutes ago, DaltonM said:

If the iPad pro ran OS X (or whatever it's called) It would be a stellar product. But running iOS it's laughable. 

For that however it would need an x86 cpu (so purchased from a third party aka intel or amd), and the interface of OSX is not going to work at all on a touch screen without a mouse or keyboard. What you're looking for is more of a convertible macbook pro than an ipad

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, NTF5252 said:

Media production on a iPad is a bad choice tho but its just as stupid on a Windows tablet. I still think this forum is mostly about pcs tho. But its large enough that there is stuff involving nearly all tech. 

At least the windows tablet can run photoshop. I don't necessarily think it's a great purchase but if they need a secondary device on which they can draw directly on the screen it's not that pointless either.

Desktop PCs are the easiest to troubleshoot, that's why there are a lot of topics about them - doesn't mean we can't answer mobile related questions too.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

7 minutes ago, Sauron said:

At least the windows tablet can run photoshop. I don't necessarily think it's a great purchase but if they need a secondary device on which they can draw directly on the screen it's not that pointless either.

Desktop PCs are the easiest to troubleshoot, that's why there are a lot of topics about them - doesn't mean we can't answer mobile related questions too.

You seem to be defending windows over ipad. Also OK it's a tech forum, that had more stuff on pcs then else.

10 hours ago, NTF5252 said:

You seem to be defending windows over ipad. Also OK it's a tech forum, that had more stuff on pcs then else.

You cannot compare an operating system with a piece of hardware... I'm saying a tablet or convertible with windows is far superior for professional use to an ipad pro (or any ios device), not just because of windows, but because of the x86 architecture and full support for industry standard programs, as well as having expansion ports. If stating facts for you is "defending" something, then I'm doing that.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

15 hours ago, Ecd730 said:

I have ran into a lot of people that claim to be "designers" and they use Ipads/Ipad Pros and claim that these Ipads are better than using a PC and wacom. MY questions is which is better a 1000$ Ipad Pro or a PC and Wacom totaling around 1000$? (For design/art purposes) 

Better will always depend on what people want to do.  Perhaps people want a portable solution rather than being stuck using a desktop and a tablet.

Look at the price of the Wacom Cintiq drawing surface/displays.

The IPad Pro may just as well be good enough for their needs, but probably not for you.  Compare Wacom's Cintiq Companion to an iPad Pro.

The Cintiq companion is a Windows based tablet with a Wacom drawing surface for a screen.  It can run Adobe Photoshop.  Adobe, Autodesk, etc. have created design and drawing apps for platforms like an iPad.

I feel sorry for the people who rage and rant about Apple's products and prices when there are other better things to do in life.  If there are people who want to buy Apple products and can afford their prices, good for them and it's certainly none of your business.  If you don't like their products or prices, well that's your business.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer