Dell XPS 15 for Mathematical Analysis and Work

Hi there,

Took me quite a while to get started up here, validating my email address, as I had issues with the Microsoft mail servers.

I'm a Mathematics student and will soon be receiving a scholarship from my university, and plan on using it to upgrade my current Dell Inspiron 15 7000 (Mid 2013), to the new Dell XPS 15 9550.

After a long decision process I have decided against getting the 4K touch version as I will not be using the XPS for heavy graphics/illustration workloads or video editing, and more for mathematical analysis and some light mathematical programming with 3D plot outputs and cryptography applications. So I believe the 1080p version should be fine for me, and am currently using a 1080p touch panel with my Inspiron 15.

My question is this; would it be possible to install the Samsung 850 Evo Pro together with the Samsung 950 Pro in the XPS 15 with no issues? As I would like super-high read and write speeds for the OS and programs on the M.2 drive, and then some storage for files and such on the 850 Pro. Furthermore, I would also be looking to invest in Kingston's HyperX Impact DDR4 16GB RAM package, as I will most likely be getting the base model of the XPS with only 8GB of RAM.

Thanks,

I have bought a XPS15 about a week ago, you can read my review here (https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/541720-my-horrible-dell-xps-15-experience-updated/). Maybe for you kind of workload and use, this might be a good laptop but not for me. Only thing I can say is that there quality control isn't great.

~~ Sorry for bad English. I'm from Belgium. Thanks! Have a nice day!  ~~