Nvidia Shield Tablet Shutdown

I was using it fine, then put it onto sleep. I come back about 40 minutes later to see that it's off, and when I try to reboot it, it shuts down almost instantly after coming to the lock screen.

1 minute ago, CzechsMix said:

I was using it fine, then put it onto sleep. I come back about 40 minutes later to see that it's off, and when I try to reboot it, it shuts down almost instantly after coming to the lock screen.

Is it plugged in?

I have an Anet A8 as my project printer and a i3 MK3 for when I want things to work. 

I extrude my own filament and haven't saved a penny yet.

My PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 8700k

Motherboard: MSI Z370-A Pro

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V (2x8GB) DDR4-3200

GPU: GTX 1070 Founders Edition (OC'd)

Storage: 2x 2TB Seagate 5400RPM, 128GB ADATA SSD

Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 750w  B2

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15. 3 Intake Fans, 2 Outtake

Case: Fractal Design Define R6

Just now, VoyexTech said:

Is it plugged in?

No. I had charged it just last night

Just now, CzechsMix said:

No. I had charged it just last night

Try plugging it in and it is still doesn't boot it might be the logic board 

I have an Anet A8 as my project printer and a i3 MK3 for when I want things to work. 

My PC:

Spoiler

Just now, VoyexTech said:

Try plugging it in and it is still doesn't boot it might be the logic board 

Alright. I'll try that when I get home. Thanks for the quick responses

4 minutes ago, CzechsMix said:

Try holding the power button and the volume down button (or if that makes it start up regularly, volume up button) and you should come to a different screen. Press the clear cache option (you navigate with the volume up and down button and select what you want with the volume button) and I think after that it restarts by itself (otherwise choose the reboot option in that menu) and that might fix it.

Someone had a similar (like exact same) issue with their tablet and when I did this, it fixed it.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Try holding the power button and the volume down button (or if that makes it start up regularly, volume up button) and you should come to a different screen. Press the clear cache option (you navigate with the volume up and down button and select what you want with the volume button) and I think after that it restarts by itself (otherwise choose the reboot option in that menu) and that might fix it.

Someone had a similar (like exact same) issue with their tablet and when I did this, it fixed it.

Good idea I didn't think of that

(It's a small world in this forum I find you everywhere)

My PC:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

When I tried this, there was no clear cache option. I have Continue, Fastboot Protocol, Recovery mode, Restart and Poweroff.

4 minutes ago, CzechsMix said:

When I tried this, there was no clear cache option. I have Continue, Fastboot Protocol, Recovery mode, Restart and Poweroff.

Maybe I just got the name wrong, looking at this video the name for the action might be "Wipe cache partition"  too.

The device I did this on was a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10"), but I doubt this screen will be much different on other Android devices.

7 minutes ago, VoyexTech said:

Good idea I didn't think of that

(It's a small world in this forum I find you everywhere)

Haha, just try to help where I can.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 hours ago, VoyexTech said:

Is it plugged in?

simply plugging it in did not work

2 hours ago, Minibois said:

Maybe I just got the name wrong, looking at this video the name for the action might be "Wipe cache partition"  too.

The device I did this on was a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10"), but I doubt this screen will be much different on other Android devices.

Haha, just try to help where I can.

still no option with anything to do with the cache

You might want to ask nvidia directly. They pulled an update recently that broke its WiFi.

Maybe if you've updated there was another issue involved.

Dream-phone: USB type-c (3.1), 1440p, 5-inch, removable battery, 32gb RAMdrive, sd card slot, stock Android, transparent atomic purple build, 9050 mah battery, waterproof AF, nuclear powered, ac wifi is fine.
                           OR a one-of-a-kind iphone that runs Android.

I had contacted nvidia last night. I was reminded there was a recall on the K1 unit. Figured it was time that I do that. Issue is still not fixed however.