Gigantea-CM Elite 130 casemod [Completed]

InsolentGnome

I'm overly excited to see this complete! It looks awesome!

CPU: AMD FX-6100 3.3GHz 6-Core OEM/Tray Processor + Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX ATX AM3+ Motherboard Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive + Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive & Seagate Barracuda 750GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card Case: Rosewill THOR V2 ATX Full Tower Case + Thermaltake TR2 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter Monitor: Asus VK278Q 27.0" Monitor

Peripherals: Razer DeathStalker Wired Gaming Keyboard + Razer Abyssus Wired Optical Mouse Headphones: Bose SIE2i Orange Earbud Headphones + Mic: Kaxidy Stereo MIC

On 5/3/2016 at 10:52 AM, ShaunC said:

I'm overly excited to see this complete! It looks awesome!

Thanks!

Current Project:  The Gunslinger - CM MasterCase5, Crimson King - CM MasterCase5, Twelve-80 - scratch build

Past Projects: SparkF3,  ShinaiScoutGiganteaRehab

Or catch me on social media: Insolent Gnome on the facepage or @Insolent_Gnome on the tweets or check out my InsolentMods website!

Well, I made it back alive and well from Dreamhack Austin, where my previous build, Scout, took second in the mod competition.  It was crazy and cool and I even got to see Alain Simpels' Tristellar Whetstone and the Project Anvil EK Vulture mod.  So yeah, pretty cool.  But now that I'm back, I can get to work finishing up Gigantea.

I've been sloshing through painting and now I have enough done to start assembly.

I'll start off by explaining that I'm basing the color choices on another species of giant centipede, Scolopendra heros, or the giant redheaded centipede.  It's coloring is a lot more striking and perfect for what I'm looking for.

Gigantea-scolopendra_heros-me.jpg

So lets start off with the part that's gonna hold all this together, the spine.

Gigantea-2016-05-10_19.55.12-me.jpg

You can see i went for a more blood red, which is apt, since this thing is good at drawing blood from me.  I also did my first 'fade', lol.  I didn't want a solid break so I tried to fade to black.  It's a pain trying to wrap that paint line around a piece of tube.  Just a note, the tape line where I taped off the red to protect it from overspray won't show since it will be under a back plate.

Gigantea-2016-05-10_19.55.27-me.jpg

Riveting some of my base sections together.  I probably would have got a little farther along, but I had to repaint a few of them to fix some chips.

Gigantea-2016-05-10_21.54.33-me.jpg

While I couldn't get too far ahead of myself, I did manage to get the radiator setups put together and one of them mounted.  I went ahead and sleeved the wires on the fans even though you will hardly be able to see them.  That one, out of place wire can ruin everything.

Gigantea-2016-05-10_23.42.02-me.jpg

And here we are with a few of the sections mounted with their brackets.  Once the paint cures on the other sections, I can really start to get rolling!

Gigantea-2016-05-11_00.31.25-me.jpg

Thanks for following along!

Current Project:  The Gunslinger - CM MasterCase5, Crimson King - CM MasterCase5, Twelve-80 - scratch build

Or catch me on social media: Insolent Gnome on the facepage or @Insolent_Gnome on the tweets or check out my InsolentMods website!

Keeping right on with the updates!

Cleaned my blocks and got them ready for installation.

Gigantea-2016-05-11_14.55.48-me.jpg

And got more components installed.

PSU.

Gigantea-2016-05-11_15.14.18-me.jpg

And the second rad setup.

Gigantea-2016-05-11_21.41.01-me.jpg

Figured I'd get this little bit of tube installed before I got too deep into things, since it would be near impossible later.

Gigantea-2016-05-11_21.40.49-me.jpg

And most of the components installed so that I can figure out my wiring.

Gigantea-2016-05-11_22.04.00-me.jpg

I've also been slicking up my paint.  Never fails, I get the perfect mix of paint and settings on the gun just about the time to wrap it up.  But I did figure out that by doubling the reducer in this gun with the smaller nozzle, it can lay some pretty slick paint.  To thick of paint=orange peel...good to know.  Here's a shot of some of the body parts curing.  Hmmmm...watching paint dry.

Gigantea-2016-05-11_22.47.35-me.jpg

Bit of color sanding and some clear will make those pieces shine!

Had to get my stand figured out before I got too much further along and got too much stuff in the way.  Started off with a piece of all thread rod.

Gigantea-2016-05-12_20.41.15-me.jpg

Then I cut a piece of tubing leaving just enough thread to get through the bases.

Gigantea-2016-05-12_20.41.31-me.jpg

Slip on the base and use a nut and washer to secure.

Gigantea-2016-05-12_20.42.27-me.jpg

All that's left now is painting the tube.  BTW, I did manage to find out how to paint HDPE with success.  Turns out running a flame over it and wiping it down real well lets paint stick to it.  I gather that helps get rid of the release agents in the material's outer surface, or that's what I read anyways.  So far the paint is sticking well.

The front stand was a little different since it's mount was on a 45.  So I added a 45 to the all thread.  Easy enough.

Gigantea-2016-05-12_20.57.19-me.jpg

The tubing doesn't cover all the way, but there will be a bunch of wire runs going through and I think that will cover up the unsleeved part.

With that out of the way, I took my back armor pieces that had been painted on the bottom side and taped them up

Gigantea-2016-05-12_19.19.06-me.jpg

I then sprayed the tops of the armor silver.

Gigantea-2016-05-12_21.09.28-me.jpg

Don't worry, this isn't the end product.  I've got something a little special in store for these bad boys.

OMG. Yessssssss. New update!!! <3 More and more impressive and crazy every time i come back. :) Love it!!

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

On 5/13/2016 at 11:52 PM, 8uhbbhu8 said:

OMG. Yessssssss. New update!!! <3 More and more impressive and crazy every time i come back. :) Love it!!

Thanks!  Hopefully I can keep coming up with new crazy!

So I said I had something special in store for the back armor and here it is...

Gigantea-2016-05-13_20.23.23-me.jpg

I found an old tutorial from Dirt Design Graphic on spraying a carbon fiber pattern and I figured what self-respecting, giant centipede robot wouldn't die to have CF armor plating?  It's basically a silver base and then you mask it with drawer liner, and spray your black.  Then you pull the mask and fog some more color on to it to blend it in.  I still have to coat it in a clear, but I like how it came out and that it's not the standard vinyl CF look.

Gigantea-2016-05-13_20.12.14-me.jpg

Gigantea-2016-05-13_20.23.31-me.jpg

But that's not all, cause it also comes in red!

Gigantea-2016-05-14_17.11.28-me.jpg

Gigantea-2016-05-14_17.11.46-me.jpg

While the armor pieces have been curing I've been trying to get all my parts ready for clear coat and I've also started on the wiring.

My LED assembly line.

Gigantea-2016-05-14_13.12.41-me.jpg

And the LED's sleeved up and getting tied together for the GPU backplate.

Gigantea-2016-05-14_17.12.04-me.jpg

Continuing with wiring up the LEDs, got them all tied together and then epoxied them in my acrylic.

Gigantea-2016-05-15_00.31.08-me.jpg

And then put in the case.  On the case?  No clue.

Gigantea-2016-05-15_21.12.01-me.jpg

Gigantea-2016-05-15_21.12.06-me.jpg

And because I'm impatient and because I didn't want to move any further along without making sure it turned out like I wanted, I hooked it to a 12v power supply.

Gigantea-2016-05-15_21.14.01-me.jpg

Doh! One LED was bad.  And crap that came out awesome!

Plugged in the 'eyes', and fixed the LED, though I may have to swap out the LED.  I didn't have a matching one and this one looks dull.  Or maybe it's just the way it's in the acrylic.

Gigantea-2016-05-15_21.41.01.jpg

After testing and fixing, I mounted the boards up.

Gigantea-2016-05-15_21.57.55-me.jpg

Gigantea-2016-05-15_21.58.04-me.jpg

This thing is going to look crazy in the dark!

Gigantea-2016-05-15_21.57.37-me.jpg

5 minutes ago, InsolentGnome said:

Continuing with wiring up the LEDs, got them all tied together and then epoxied them in my acrylic.

Gigantea-2016-05-15_00.31.08-me.jpg

And then put in the case.  On the case?  No clue.

Gigantea-2016-05-15_21.12.01-me.jpg

Gigantea-2016-05-15_21.12.06-me.jpg

And because I'm impatient and because I didn't want to move any further along without making sure it turned out like I wanted, I hooked it to a 12v power supply.

Gigantea-2016-05-15_21.14.01-me.jpg

Doh! One LED was bad.  And crap that came out awesome!

Plugged in the 'eyes', and fixed the LED, though I may have to swap out the LED.  I didn't have a matching one and this one looks dull.  Or maybe it's just the way it's in the acrylic.

Gigantea-2016-05-15_21.41.01.jpg

After testing and fixing, I mounted the boards up.

Gigantea-2016-05-15_21.57.55-me.jpg

Gigantea-2016-05-15_21.58.04-me.jpg

This thing is going to look crazy in the dark!

Gigantea-2016-05-15_21.57.37-me.jpg

Oh god it's so beautiful and getting so close to completion ? I love. Great work and I can't wait for the finished product!

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

11 hours ago, Trav_X said:

Oh god it's so beautiful and getting so close to completion ? I love. Great work and I can't wait for the finished product!

Thanks!  It's getting so close to being done!

21 hours ago, Trav_X said:

please dont quote pictures man 

nice build! too bad i only found this now. definently following ! 

Mod looking pretty sick, great job!

23 hours ago, hearthofsin said:

please dont quote pictures man 

nice build! too bad i only found this now. definently following ! 

17 hours ago, MarthiniL said:

Mod looking pretty sick, great job!

Thanks!

Gorgeous job so far but how are you going to move it when it's finished and has a whole system's weight and fluid in it? :o

21 hours ago, bdub109 said:

Can't wait to see it finished

Thanks!

20 hours ago, Loleo said:

Gorgeous job so far but how are you going to move it when it's finished and has a whole system's weight and fluid in it? :o

Thanks!  Umm..very carefully.  It's not too bad, but it is big and bulky and it'll be a chore.  The better question is how am I going to transport it 1900 miles cross country and back for the LAN I'm taking it to? :S  I'm still working on that one.

Update time!  Guess what?  More wiring!  WOOT!

My standard wire building setup.  

Gigantea-2016-05-16_18.13.28-me.jpg

I stick down a couple of pieces of tape, one so I can mark wire measurements and the other for notes and pinouts.  The tape is perfect so I don't lose anything and it makes measuring and cutting the wire easy.  It's also a great idea at the end of the project to grab some good photos of the tape with the pinouts and notes for later reference if you decide to rewire something or reuse the PSU in another project.  I forgot to grab pics of my notes in the first build I used this CM V850 and I thought I would be stuck pulling apart a custom set of sleeved and stitched wires to figure the pinout.  Luckily my last build's V1200 has the same pinout and I did keep good pics of those notes.

I decided that instead of individually sleeved wires, I would go with some more industrial looking split loom.  This saved some time and effort since I easily had around 150' of wiring.

Gigantea-2016-05-16_21.59.25-me.jpg

I think it also fits the build more.  Whoever saw a piece of machinery roll out of a factory with individually sleeved wire, right?

Gigantea-2016-05-16_21.59.44-me.jpg

I also started running some tubing since it shares space with the wire runs.

Gigantea-2016-05-16_23.14.56-me.jpg

Gigantea-2016-05-16_23.15.12-me.jpg

Since I'm using 2 of the case fronts, I had my choice of what to do with the front panel I/O.  I wound up choosing the butt I/O since having the I/O and buttons on top of a 3' tall case seemed like a pain.  You wouldn't even be able to see the switch to turn it on let alone plug in anything and then you'd have the cables hanging down. 

Gigantea-2016-05-18_22.26.42-me.jpg

I did kill the USB 3 connectors which seems to be a trend with me anymore.  This is the second case where the standard 3.0 wiring just doesn't work for me.  This time I would have had to have a bulky 20pin junction somewhere in the wire runs and I didn't want that.  And I'm running 4 3.0 ports to the back of the case anyways, so I'll have plenty.  The rest of the wiring had to be extended and since I had 3 I/O setups, I just lopped the wires off one and added them to another.  

And that's most of the wiring, now I'm just waiting on patch cables to extend necessary ports to the back.  Though once I have all those, I will probably re-order the wiring in the runs just to make it look cleaner.

Gigantea-2016-05-18_22.26.53-me.jpg

Since the wiring is mostly finished, that means I get to start putting the body together.  Yay!

Epoxied the LED eyes in.

Gigantea-2016-05-18_22.26.36-me.jpg

And I started putting on sections where I was done with the wiring.

Gigantea-2016-05-18_23.20.26-me.jpg

Sorry about the upside down picture, but it was upside down since I don't have any legs on it yet.  That's coming up soon though!

14 hours ago, bdub109 said:

nICE!

Thanks!

Alright, now we're getting somewhere.  I didn't really do much, but I crossed that threshold where it's starting to look like the finished product.

First off, I got all my patch cables in today so I could get those run.

Gigantea-2016-05-19_14.26.19-me.jpg

I'm pulling 2 DisplayPorts, 4 USB 3.0, 2 USB 2.0 and 1 ethernet(it's a dual nic board) port to the back panel.  I figure this will take care of everything I might need at a LAN and then some.

Cleaned the wires up so they don't look like a mess too!

Gigantea-2016-05-19_14.26.24-me.jpg

Even with the patch cables thrown in, it came out looking pretty clean.

Gigantea-2016-05-20_01.22.59-me.jpg

The last bit of running wire, the GPU riser.  I got a nice 400mm riser from Li Heat.  It was pretty cool, I told them I could really use a longer riser and they were like here's a link to a 400mm one.  I didn't really expect it to be that easy.

Gigantea-2016-05-19_15.10.09-me.jpg

It may not be the prettiest way to run a riser, but it gets stuff from A to B, so it works for me.

Gigantea-2016-05-19_15.15.30-me.jpg

Next, I had an idea on how to strengthen it's legs up so I didn't have to worry about the braze joints so much.  I've done a little work with urethane resins and decided to try filling the legs and basically give them a solid core.

Gigantea-2016-05-19_14.33.01-me.jpg

I just happened to have some white left.  What really sucks is last week I mixed up and threw away about 4 gallons of some other quick set urethane that I had decided I wasn't going to use.  Doh!  But oh well, it didn't take much and I've got 2 gallons of white to use up.

Mix A and B and in 10 minutes or less, you get plastic.

Gigantea-2016-05-19_14.34.35-me.jpg

I wish I had done this before paint.  This urethane gets really hot and I was a bit worried about the paint.  Luckily no problems with the heat, but I did find some pin holes and that was a pain.

With the legs cored? and ready to go, I put most of the body on along with the stands and legs.  You'll notice I'm missing a pair of my base legs.  The pin holes created some paint problems and they're getting fixed.

Gigantea-2016-05-19_18.02.42-me.jpg

Going from the last picture to the next picture was...interesting.  It's heavy, unwieldy, and has no place to grab on to.  I was sure something would break.  Fortunately, nothing did.

Gigantea-2016-05-19_18.07.50-me.jpg

Now it's starting to look like something.

Gigantea-2016-05-19_18.08.03-me.jpg

I went ahead and started adding some more legs.

Gigantea-2016-05-19_18.23.31-me.jpg

While I like the tinting and black tips on the legs, it does look like it's carrying a bunch of bananas with all those legs right next to each other.

Gigantea-2016-05-19_18.23.51-me.jpg

Next up is the res/pump and the back armor.  I'm a little concerned about the armor because I painted one too many of them red.  So it's either going to be a weird transition or that piece is getting repainted.  I'm waiting to get it on to see.  But, until then, thanks for following along!  

9 hours ago, InsolentGnome said:

Holy Shit this looks just amazing now!!

Heavy though :P And from what I see you havent even added the fluid for liquid cooling!

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

On 5/20/2016 at 0:42 PM, 8uhbbhu8 said:

Holy Shit this looks just amazing now!!

Heavy though :P And from what I see you havent even added the fluid for liquid cooling!

Thanks!  Yeah definitely heavy and awkward!

More updates!  I noticed that the tinting on the legs didn't really come through in the earlier pics so I grabbed a better pic.  And, well, it still doesn't stand out, but I guess that's the point of fading it in, right?  The tips are obviously black, and the section next to the body is orange.  It came out sort of mottled from the gun, but I liked it so I kept it.

Gigantea-2016-05-20_16.44.56-me.jpg

Got the back armor put on except that last red piece is supposed to be a black piece.  I put it on to see if it would look ok, but I think it needs to be redone.  It just doesn't work with the black body section.

Gigantea-2016-05-20_19.07.04-me.jpg

Gigantea-2016-05-20_19.07.17-me.jpg

This is me stealing some mod blocks out of my shop rig.  Performance PC's was out but I had some I could nick and not hurt the structure.  It needed to be cleaned anyways. ;)

Gigantea-2016-05-20_18.09.05-me.jpg

Those blocks let me put the nose piece and head armor on.

Gigantea-2016-05-20_19.07.39-me.jpg

And, oh yeah, got the res mounted up.  The lines to it are a little loop-y.  I've ordered a couple of extra 90's to tighten up those runs.  

Gigantea-2016-05-20_19.07.59-me.jpg

Monsoon's MMRS comes with a pair of CCFL bulbs for backlighting, but I totally forgot to figure in inverters.  I don't have any or an easy spot to tie into my 12v light run.

Gigantea-2016-05-21_11.20.00-me.jpg

So they're out and I needed to figure out something else.  I've been thinking about thicker walled reservoirs that would allow you to punch mounting holes for LED's and not kill the tube, but this res is way too thin.  And there are Primochill light towers and light plugs, which I have a few, but I didn't want a wire running from the top of the res.  But the other day I did see, I guess, an 'exclusive' light ring from Alphacool, which was basically a LED strip inside a round plastic housing, and that looked pretty cool.  And it's just a LED strip wrapped around the res, how hard could that be.  Turns out, not hard at all.

Gigantea-2016-05-21_11.20.16-me.jpg

They used a much denser packed LED strip, but this strip's spacing turned out to be perfect for the coupler to also be the clamp that holds the strip in a loop and be the exact size to fit over the res.  On a side note, I'm glad I ordered an extra res tube for running clear coolant because pulling the other one off the case would have been a pain.

And tossing some power to it.

Gigantea-2016-05-21_11.21.20-me.jpg

Here is my finished product.  I wrapped the outside of the strip with electrical tape and painted the connector black.  I'll also be covering most of the connector with heatshrink so it won't really stand out.

Gigantea-2016-05-21_11.43.19-me.jpg

For the redneck engineering that went into it, I think it came out awesome.  

Gigantea-2016-05-21_11.56.59-me.jpg

I'll have to write up a little how-to because this is a great way to light a res.  And I will give Alphacool or whoever total credit, I didn't come up with the idea, but I did make it for about a $1.  Plus anything with a bezel on it wouldn't have worked on the MMRS anyways because of the tension bars.

After getting that done I threw in some Mayhems Blitz to clean everything up especially since I have old blocks in there.  Don't want anything growing or blocking up the system.

Gigantea-2016-05-21_13.08.05-me.jpg

And she's pumping away in the workshop now, pulling all the old dye residue out.

So before, I had shown off the 1" red acrylic rod and the bend I put into part of it.  Well, I needed two so gas torch and tape to the rescue.

Gigantea-2016-05-22_22.31.06-me.jpg

For as bad of a job as I did taping them together, they came out very similar.  Next was to hit them with the portaband, die grinder, mini sander, and anything else I could find to get them shaped into points.

Gigantea-2016-05-23_19.03.16-me.jpg

When it was all said and done, I wound up with two canes for gnomes.  

Gigantea-2016-05-23_20.55.30-me.jpg

Not giving away what they're for just yet though.

I also got some 90 fittings in so I could finish the res.  And since it was all cleaned and rinsed, it was time to fill it with some Mayhems X1 in blood red of course.

Gigantea-2016-05-23_21.23.54-me.jpg

Gigantea-2016-05-23_21.24.31-me.jpg

The 90's really helped clean up the tubing.  And with the lights out, the res is eerie.

Gigantea-2016-05-23_21.24.14-me.jpg

With the res done and filled, I figured it was time to see what happened when I hit the power switch.  Luckily, no blue smoke!

Relatively mild mannered with the lights on.

Gigantea-2016-05-23_21.33.12-me.jpg

Little peeved when the lights start going out.

Gigantea-2016-05-23_21.33.35-me.jpg

With the lights out, it's time for an exorcist!

Gigantea-2016-05-23_21.33.52-me.jpg

Gigantea-2016-05-23_21.34.01-me.jpg

Gigantea-2016-05-23_21.35.24-me.jpg

I wish the PSU LEDs were a bit brighter, but they do a pretty good job of lighting the back end.

Gigantea-2016-05-23_21.34.38-me.jpg

I also grabbed a video with the lights out.  This thing looks freaky!

Just a few final things to finish up now and she should be ready for final pics in no time!  Thanks for following along!