No $300 card Nvidia ?

For a while I've been waiting for a card from Nvidia in the $300 range but, no such thing has appeared.....

I did some research on the 760 TI but based on what I found it doesn't look like its coming anytime soon. This confuses me, there are LOTS of people out there looking to buy in this price range. I'm almost inclined to grab a 7970! with the never settle bundle its pretty tempting. I just want to know some ideas on what card I should get. Should I wait for the 9xxx series ? Should I snag a 7970 while there cheap? or should I sit and pray for a 760 TI ? (even though I know Nvidia's next cards will be the Titan Ultra, and 790). Please Help !

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

You make it sound like AMD cards are the last resort. You have something against AMD?

You make it sound like AMD cards are the last resort. You have something against AMD?

No not really, I'm just kinda worried If I buy an AMD card now a much better deal will present itself when the 9xxx series comes out.

-Linus Sebastian

No not really, I'm just kinda worried If I buy an AMD card now a much better deal will present itself when the 9xxx series comes out.

Oh.

If you want $300 NVidia, 760 Hawk is the way to go, the 760Ti should come with the 750s in October, but the 7970 is a better value, it has the performance of the 770.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Then wait for the 9xxx series. Who knows, Nvidia might release your mighty 760ti by then but im pretty sure the 7970 will beat it. And worse case scenario 760ti isnt released but you have new AMD cards that can kick butt. And the 7xxx series cards will only lower even more in price. Its always better to wait but if you MUST buy now, get the 7970

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

For a while I've been waiting for a card from Nvidia in the $300 range but, no such thing has appeared.....

I did some research on the 760 TI but based on what I found it doesn't look like its coming anytime soon. This confuses me, there are LOTS of people out there looking to buy in this price range. I'm almost inclined to grab a 7970! with the never settle bundle its pretty tempting. I just want to know some ideas on what card I should get. Should I wait for the 9xxx series ? Should I snag a 7970 while there cheap? or should I sit and pray for a 760 TI ? (even though I know Nvidia's next cards will be the Titan Ultra, and 790). Please Help !

Wait for 9000 series if there even is one anytime soon.

Why?

If there is one, GeForce cards will probably drop in price. Chances are that GTX 770 will drop significantly (300$ perhaps even lower) and that's gonna be your '300$ card'. We'll see how it is going. Nvidia's next line'up is Maxwell but we dont know when exactly are they coming (2014 for sure but rather the latter half than the first one from what I heard).

They do have GK110 on hands and if they wanted they could dump Titan's price (and GTX 780) significantly. By using price drop they could fight new Radeons without really losing a lot of money. Of course the top performer would be new Radeon but it wouldnt affect you since you dont aim for 600~~$ GPU anyway.

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

if you are looking for a 300$ cards AMD steals the show on that but i would say wait for 9XXX series its around the corner

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

No a 7970 at around $300 with a choice of 3x free AAA games represents the best deal you are going to see and really the best deal we have ever seen for a top end part such as it is. The Radeon HD 4890 retailed from launch @ $300 but it did not come with any free AAA games. Oh and nvidia has the GTX 670 on for $300 however it's severely outclassed buy the HD 7950 that cost $100 less.

AMD Phenom II x4 955 OCed, HD 7850, LG 27EA33 1080P IPS, 4GB ram

i was deciding between a gtx 770 and a 7970 and went amd with an MSI tf3 7950 for only 204 dollars and i can overclock it and make it perform better than a 7970 for way cheaper 
i think going amd is not a bad thing specially right now that they are extremely cheap :D

| CPU ------ i5 4670k 4.4ghz ------ MOBO ------ MSI Z87 GD65 ------ GPU ------ MSI TF3 7950 OC ------ GPU2 ------ EVGA GTX660 SC ------ RAM ------ G.SKILL Sniper ram 1866 2x4 ------ PSU ------ Corsair AX860 ------ SSD ------ Kingston Hyper X 3K 120GB ------ HDD ------Seagate 1TB ------ CASE ------ Corsair 300r |

i was deciding between a gtx 770 and a 7970 and went amd with an MSI tf3 7950 for only 204 dollars and i can overclock it and make it perform better than a 7970 for way cheaper 

i think going amd is not a bad thing specially right now that they are extremely cheap :D

It's not a consolation LOL. AMD Radeon HD is better than nvidia at every price point period.

AMD Phenom II x4 955 OCed, HD 7850, LG 27EA33 1080P IPS, 4GB ram

I'm going to have to agree, the HD 7970 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007LFV7RM/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B007LFV7RM&linkCode=as2&tag=bob930-20 is an awesome card for the price and will run almost anything on ultra settings even at 1440p.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA RTX 2080 XC | Asus ROG Maximus XI | Intel M.2 nVME SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 2X2TB | 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 RAM | EVGA SuperNova GS 1050W | Kept cool & quiet in a Fractal Design Define R5 Window with all Noctua fans

• 6 months later...

Then wait for the 9xxx series. Who knows, Nvidia might release your mighty 760ti by then but im pretty sure the 7970 will beat it. And worse case scenario 760ti isnt released but you have new AMD cards that can kick butt. And the 7xxx series cards will only lower even more in price. Its always better to wait but if you MUST buy now, get the 7970

lol

-Linus Sebastian

lol

a little late don't you think?

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I'll get the 760 hawk, if you really want to get the never settle bundle (I know it can be tempting)  though, I find the 7xx series a better buy. That's just IMO

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

2X 750Ti Sli? That's like 300 bucks, too bad Nvidia forgot to make it Sli compatible...  :rolleyes:

if you could cough up a few extra dollars the  770 goes for 350 or less. depends where you live. in canada i can get gtx 770 for 349 with like 20 dollar rebate

in us you can get msi gtx 770 for 319 https://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-video-card-n770tf2gd5oc at ncix.com plus free shipping :P

Amd fx-8320 oc 4.1ghz, 8gb ram, gtx 780ti 3gb, 240gb ssd, 1.5tb hdd,