ForeverChange* A new name, a new part (Corsair 400C), same PC.

Imabigmac

So I have ever been in pursuit of a good case with a big window that was not as bulky as my old NZXT Phantom 630. I was initially in love with the Corsair 600C but it was still too big. When the CES2016 footage of the Corsair 400C aired, I knew I had found my perfect case. The reviews were positive with a few small issues which I did discover myself and the cost was not too heavy, even with a terrible Canadian dollar. So decided to but one and now I have transferred most of my parts over - exception is my NZXT HUE... I still have a little cable management left to do at some point. (I wouldn't recommend the case to a someone who isn't using a non-modular power supply)

I kept my old parts, so this isn't a new build. It is just a face Lift, hopefully in a few months I will update the CPU and this thread. The point really was to put some pictures of this case out there that aren't the stock Corsair ones. The pics aren't superb and I don't have any running shots as I refuse to do so until I get my LED's sorted. 

I might do some better tomorrow, take them with a real camera and not my iphone. 

sCqVwtX.jpg?1

eRArDJ2.jpg?1  

8ndcu5z.jpg

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Nice! Here is my updated build: 

OLD

NEW:

I was looking at the 400c for a while. How is it? 

Glamor Shot.JPG

Full View.JPG

Extra Shot 1.JPG

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

1 minute ago, TheGeeker said:

Nice! Here is my updated build: 

OLD

NEW:

I was looking at the 400c for a while. How is it? 

Wow that is good! I hope I can get my LED's in soon, so I can some shots with the door on. 

I was almost going to go with the Pro M a few months ago now, but eh window was wrong for me and then the 600C came and convinced me full windows are better. Now I'm not sure why I didn't look into the Pro M full window more.... 

The 400C is good, but Corsair really should have tested it more. I kinda think they didn't build a system in it other than in all the pictures. The SSD mounting unit should be modular and not a solid one piece holder. But I have 3 SSD's so I didn't modify it. There also needs to be a cut out at the bottom of the Motherboard just above the PSU shield for the front panel cables. I managed to wedge a Lot of them under but some didn't fit. If I ever take the parts out again I will dremel and make a spot. Also it is solely designed for a modular PSU and ideally flat cables. There is just not enough room, I have cables crammed everywhere. I think I buy a modular PSU next, as my current one is now the loudest component in my PC. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

• 1 month later...

Time to restart my build log. I ordered some new parts and have been waiting to install them, tomorrow is the day. I got a new CPU, MOBO, RAM and PSU.

I will update this with pics, when I actually start rebuilding. 

CPU update: Intel i7 6700(non K) - I got that for $300 CDN!!!!!

MOBO: Gigabyte Z170x-Gaming 6. Yes I know I have a non K cpu, but the H/B boards weren't doing it for me. And this board was $180 on sale so its not like I overpaid.

gaz170gaming6.jpg

RAM: G.skill Rampage 5, DDR4 2400Mhz, CL15 (RED). Not the greatest but at least its decent and I'm not a memory overclocker anyway. 

PSU: I finally got fed up with my non-modular PSU when I rebuilt my system in the 400C, so I bought a EVGA 650 G2. Yes I bought into the EVGA PSU Hype Train. 

Spoiler