DIY Single Slot GTX Titan Mod!

nicklmg

Sigh... When I see a dremel in the thumbnail I know there's some hardware that's gonna be in for a rough time.

*clicks play*

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

The cringe is real with this one lol

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

7 minutes ago, connorpiper said:

Because TV tuner is more important than DVI?

It was more of a how too than for a specific requirement.. Think it came from the 7 gamers build... How to mod to single slot..

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Just now, Dzzope said:

It was more of a how too than for a specific requirement.. Think it came from the 7 gamers build... How to mod to single slot..

My comment was more sarcasm than anything. As was the TV tuner. 

Anyways, I don't think any single PSU can support 7 Titan Xs today. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I mean that they had a really limited choice of gpu because of the single slot and they asked the question, can you just chop off the extra slot..

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

"Alcohol bath, it washes away our problems" AHAHAHAHHA

I like good humans and good food

I've always wondered if this would work, I was facing a similar issue with a build I just did, putting in the Wifi and bluetooth card, I ahd to run a cable to a usb header, and I couldn't get the cord under the USB header so I curretnly have a pcie 1x wifi and bluetooth card in a 16x slot becuase the two 1x slots are either covered by the graphics card or above the graphics card so I couldnt get a usb header cable around it.

19 minutes ago, Dzzope said:

I mean that they had a really limited choice of gpu because of the single slot and they asked the question, can you just chop off the extra slot..

I wish my choice of GPUs was that limited... every video, he must be like "Should I use the 980ti, or the Titan X?" :D

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Something I've wondered for a while...

Is Linus aware of the redundancy in the expression 'Moment of truth time'? Does he use the expression cause he finds the redundancy amusing?

I appreciate videos like this so we can complain on the forum

Did a similar mod to a pair of G1 980tis.

No power tools or desoldering needed :)

Did need to put an additional notch in the PCI bracket to get it to all fit together properly though (use a single slot bracket as a guide), straight cuts won't necessarily work.

IMG_3579.JPG

Sent you something to play with :3

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

Taking into account all of the Linus "whoops" moments. I just watched the video to make sure he had both of his arms in the end of the day. xp

2 hours ago, Linaran said:

Taking into account all of the Linus "whoops" moments. I just watched the video to make sure he had both of his arms in the end of the day. xp

If this video was cut short, I'd worry about the next one being called "2 finger hand mod"... :D

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

If this video was cut short, I'd worry about the next one being called "2 finger hand mod"... :D

That's channel super fun material right there :P

I love at 2:33 one guy walks in casually while Linus is uninstalling the IO shield.  I guess that's a casual workday for them