? on a air cooler

ChrisLucero

so I'm building a pc and have a Intel® Core™ i7-6700K 4.00GHZ 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Skylake) cpu I plan on over clocking it but am not sure what cooling would keep it cool is the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler a good enough cooler to go with instead of a Corsair Hydro Series H110i GT 280mm Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold for cheaper cause if I can save money and get good cooling id like to

How much do you want to overclock it? If you're just going to do a mild-slightly aggressive overclock, go with the Hyper 212. If you plan on pushing that chip as far as it can possibly go, then go for the H110i GT.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

Stock cooler is a good choice for i3 CPUs at best, 212 evo is a good choice for mild overclocks, liquid cooling is good for pretty good overclocks, @Lays is good for extreme overclocks.

I plan on just a small amount of overclocking seeing its my first build and first time over clocking

id also like something maintenance free and worry free for the most part so I don't have to worry about it at all

1 minute ago, ChrisLucero said:

I plan on just a small amount of overclocking seeing its my first build and first time over clocking

Go for the 212 evo, by far. Most beginners really do not need anything more than a 212 evo.

id also like something maintenance free and worry free for the most part so I don't have to worry about it at all

Good, because there is not a whole lot that can go wrong with a rotating fan and a piece of metal

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Go for the 212 evo, by far. Most beginners really do not need anything more than a 212 evo.

sweet just saved 91 dollars for going with the evo ty

3 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Good, because there is not a whole lot that can go wrong with a rotating fan and a piece of metal

id hope not if there is I think we may have a problem

3 hours ago, ChrisLucero said:

If you feel like going for higher OC later, you could go for bigger air cooler. Something like 140mm single towers from Noctua, beQuiet! and Cryorig should do fine.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv