Get the Latest Phone Now or Wait?

Go to solution Solved by WORM,
Just now, kwilliamnrys said:

Definitely not suprised there. So you would go get a 6s Plus now even if the 7 (possibly with wireless charging, improved 3D Touch, waterproofness) will come out in a couple months?

yeah, thats the route i would go but im on android so i may not have a simialr mindset to what you want ultimatly its up to u but thats what i would do

So I currently own a iPhone 4s (I know it's pretty old), and I about to upgrade really really soon. I am planning on getting the iPhone 6s Plus (please don't drag me into getting an Android phone because there is a reason why I use Apple for my phone,) but the thing is that the next flagship is coming up this September (or possibly earlier.)

I know I still have ~ 7 months or less to enjoy it being the latest phone, but should I just wait? My 4s is really crappy now though so by wait I will probably get whatever better phone (maybe through a leasing program) then upgrade once the 7 is out. I'm on T-Mobile and they have the Jump On Demand but only the oldest iPhone they have is the 6/6 Plus. If renting a 6 Plus (no price on the Internet) will only ~ $15 a month and no upfront cost, you think that's reasonable? Pay around ~100 to use a relatively new phone then upgrade once the 7 is out?

Leasing the 6s Plus would be too much. With the 64GB, there's a payment of 99.99 plus 30 a month = almost $300, and I still have to upgrade to the 7 once it's out.

Or should I just stick with the 6s?

Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, kwilliamnrys said:

So I currently own a iPhone 4s (I know it's pretty old), and I about to upgrade really really soon. I am planning on getting the iPhone 6s Plus (please don't drag me into getting an Android phone because there is a reason why I use Apple for my phone,) but the thing is that the next flagship is coming up this September (or possibly earlier.)

I know I still have ~ 7 months or less to enjoy it being the latest phone, but should I just wait? My 4s is really crappy now though so by wait I will probably get whatever better phone (maybe through a leasing program) then upgrade once the 7 is out. I'm on T-Mobile and they have the Jump On Demand but only the oldest iPhone they have is the 6/6 Plus. If renting a 6 Plus (no price on the Internet) will only ~ $15 a month and no upfront cost, you think that's reasonable? Pay around ~100 to use a relatively new phone then upgrade once the 7 is out?

Leasing the 6s Plus would be too much. With the 64GB, there's a payment of 99.99 plus 30 a month = almost $300, and I still have to upgrade to the 7 once it's out.

Or should I just stick with the 6s?

Thoughts?

a little hurt to not see an android user but i would recommend getting the 6s now or even 6splus, and not really thinking about the 7. the reason i say this is because the iphone 7 is like 90% confirmed to not have a headphone jack and they are going to be yet again making it slimer reducing battery life. The 6s and 6s plus is a very good phone and i would recommend that, for me personally i like a bigger phone so i would get the plus, also it has OIS (optical image stabilization) which makes your shots clearer

3 minutes ago, WORM said:

a little hurt to not see an android user but i would recommend getting the 6s now or even 6splus, and not really thinking about the 7. the reason i say this is because the iphone 7 is like 90% confirmed to not have a headphone jack and they are going to be yet again making it slimer reducing battery life. The 6s and 6s plus is a very good phone and i would recommend that, for me personally i like a bigger phone so i would get the plus, also it has OIS (optical image stabilization) which makes your shots clearer

Oh my bad, I meant the iPhone 6s Plus. I like Android believe me, but there are certain features that force me to use Apple (but still PC Master Race :D.) I know about the rumors of the headphone jack. Do you think Apple with come with an adapter will come out to a lightning and 3.5mm? As long as it is still feasible to charge and use normal headphones at the same time it's fine with me.

Other rumored features makes me wanna lease maybe a 6 Plus (if it isn't that expensive) then upgrade, but the headphone jack :(.

theres probable going to be an adapter, but it will definetl ybe like$50 because it must have a DAC andd AMP inside the adapter for the headphones plugged into it to even work, being apple i wouldnt be surprised if they end up charging 100 for it or like 75

2 minutes ago, WORM said:

theres probable going to be an adapter, but it will definetl ybe like$50 because it must have a DAC andd AMP inside the adapter for the headphones plugged into it to even work, being apple i wouldnt be surprised if they end up charging 100 for it or like 75

Definitely not suprised there. So you would go get a 6s Plus now even if the 7 (possibly with wireless charging, improved 3D Touch, waterproofness) will come out in a couple months?

Just now, kwilliamnrys said:

yeah, thats the route i would go but im on android so i may not have a simialr mindset to what you want ultimatly its up to u but thats what i would do

1 minute ago, WORM said:

Thanks so much for your insight. Probably will go with that.

1 minute ago, kwilliamnrys said:

Thanks so much for your insight. Probably will go with that.

cool, glad i could help!