Who makes the highest quality Mechanical Keyboard?

Who makes the highest quality Mechanical Keyboard?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who makes the highest quality Mechanical Keyboard?

• ASUS
    • CoolerMaster
    • Corsair
    • Das
    • Ducky
    • Filco
    • Logitech
    • Razer
    • SteelSeries
    • Other (Please comment)

Hey guys, I was just curious to see everyone's opinion on who makes the highest quality mechanical keyboards. The two I've been switching between at home lately have been the Corsair K70 RGB (which has recently been having problems such as miscoloured LEDs) and the Ducky Shine 2 (9008S2). In my personal opinion I feel the Ducky is far better quality but in recent years Ducky's quality has apparently been going down hill so I thought it would be a good time to see who currently reigns king of quality. Leave your experiences and preferences in the comments and be sure to vote in the poll! Thanks

I hate rgb

but the k70 / k95 are the best

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Probably ducky keyboards with corsair in a close second.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

The most hipster brand since it has no fanbase/fanboyism :^)

Ducky?

Topre

Can't really answer since I have only used my K95 and the Das my dad bought after trying out my K95. 

Between the two, the K95 felt much more heavy duty to me, mostly because of the thick full aluminum back plate.

Anyone who has tried them: How does the quality of these compare to the more expensive brands like Filco or Ducky? 

I really like the styling of the Corsair K series so I went with them. Wish I had gone for the smaller version though. I don't use the macros much and the keyboard take a ton of desk space. Does look cool though, and isn't that what really matters? :P

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

3 hours ago, givingtnt said:

I hate rgb

You can always turn them off! Or use a solid color. I'm happy my K95 isn't having LED issues like the K90 that replaced it. 

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

1 minute ago, fishymamba said:

You can always turn them off! Or use a solid color. I'm happy my K95 isn't having LED issues like the K90 that replaced it. 

yeah but it makes the price go up :/

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

1 minute ago, givingtnt said:

yeah but it makes the price go up :/

That's true. I got my K95 when I RMA's my K90(for the 2nd time>:(). They sent me the K95 instead. Probably because I sent them a pretty angry sounding email. I was pretty pissed when the keyboard I got back was bent..

That list is as incomplete as all living hell.

1) IBM Model F.

2) Pok3r (Vortex) should also be on that list.

The IBM Model M was a cheapened down version (buckling spring over MEMBRANE and TWO KEY ROLLOVER) vs the Model F's buckling spring over capacitive and NKRO.

And Corsair should not be on that list.

1) original K70 gunmetal blue LED MASS LED Failures--more than any other keyboard with a blue LED (even my ducky shine 3 with the ultraviolet blue LED's is still going strong)

2) K70/K95 RGB --512 colors limited by hardware.  16.7m color firmware only works up to 6 INDEPENDENT COLOR CHANNELS--meaning if any more than 6 effects of 6 different colors are playing at once, the board starts PWM FLICKERING to 'estimate' the colors because it reverts to 512 color mode--this is a hardware limitation.  Very underhanded by Corsair.  The RGB Strafe has a fixed LED controller.

3) The keycaps on the Corsair K70/RGB/Strafe and Logitech G710+ are SUBSTANDARD--made by the EXACT SAME OEM, and are prone to cracking at the stems due to weak, substandard production.  This affects the Logitech keyboard more than the Corsairs due to O rings causing more play and stress on the stems.  When was the last time you saw a Ducky, Vortex, Deck, Geekkeys or any other normal standard keycap snap at the stems that wasn't a user caused accident?

Other than those issues, the build quality is standard issue.  My G710+ is still working fine.

21 minutes ago, Falkentyne said:

1) IBM Model F.

The IBM Model M was a cheapened down version (buckling spring over MEMBRANE and TWO KEY ROLLOVER) vs the Model F's buckling spring over capacitive and NKRO.

1) original K70 gunmetal blue LED MASS LED Failures--more than any other keyboard with a blue LED (even my ducky shine 3 with the ultraviolet blue LED's is still going strong)

2) K70/K95 RGB --512 colors limited by hardware.  16.7m color firmware only works up to 6 INDEPENDENT COLOR CHANNELS--meaning if any more than 6 effects of 6 different colors are playing at once, the board starts PWM FLICKERING to 'estimate' the colors because it reverts to 512 color mode--this is a hardware limitation.  Very underhanded by Corsair.  The RGB Strafe has a fixed LED controller.

3) The keycaps on the Corsair K70/RGB/Strafe and Logitech G710+ are SUBSTANDARD--made by the EXACT SAME OEM, and are prone to cracking at the stems due to weak, substandard production.  This affects the Logitech keyboard more than the Corsairs due to O rings causing more play and stress on the stems.  When was the last time you saw a Ducky, Vortex, Deck, Geekkeys or any other normal standard keycap snap at the stems that wasn't a user caused accident?

Other than those issues, the build quality is standard issue.  My G710+ is still working fine.

my k70 brown (red led's) works perfectly and is amazing

thats my opinion and deal with it

6 hours ago, bob345 said:

Probably ducky keyboards with corsair in a close second.

Hah, corsair close second...

Corsair is not really good.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

5 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

1) IBM Model F.

This, finally somone shares my option that Corsair isn't God of pc parts.

They are just lacking in quality.

For great quality,a custom keyboard. I'm building a custom keyboard, top and bottom aluminum plates, black switches, and Keycaps from signiture plastics. Can't beat that.

Also, i want to see this model f. I have An m, and feels great quality, but this f is better. Probably crazy expensive though.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Corsair my ass. 

One plate of aluminium doesn't mean it has better build quality than a keyboard that has two metal back plates, duel layer PCBs and a full plastic housing. 

The god of mechanical keyboards is the Model M hands down. Filco is the modern day Model M for mass manufactured keyboards. 

Want the best quality now? Custom.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Hah corsair is actually getting votes.

Probably the same people who suggest nothing but a G502 for CSGO.

Filco has god-tier build quality, ducky following shortly behind.

Don't get me wrong, corsair is good.... But... Nowhere near the best.

Ducky all day and night for me, don't even bother putting razer on the list of you ask me. Corsair are alright, but they're the big name show off when it comes to mechanical keyboards, maybe not the reliable ones sadly.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

This poll runs more like a vote for what ppl actually have than a poll of quality. 

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

5 hours ago, spwath said:

Hah, corsair close second...

Corsair is not really good.

Have you ever used a k70 long term? You will have a very hard time finding anything with as sturdy of a build quality for the same price. I talk from experience, not from reading Amazon reviews about led failures. I've had my k70 going on 3 years with zero issues.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

6 minutes ago, dtaflorida said:

This poll runs more like a vote for what ppl actually have than a poll of quality. 

Yup.

Das Keyboard use to be pretty good before 2012, then they started bait and switching on customers. 

15 hours ago, givingtnt said:

I hate rgb

In what? Good build quality, non-standard bottom row, and shitty barely-functional software?

Logitech offers the longest default warranty. They stand behind their quality at least. 

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

2 hours ago, bob345 said:

Have you ever used a k70 long term? You will have a very hard time finding anything with as sturdy of a build quality for the same price. I talk from experience, not from reading Amazon reviews about led failures. I've had my k70 going on 3 years with zero issues.

I had a k70 for about a year. Mainly the Keycaps were bad, but the plastic on the case was not high quality

13 hours ago, ybriK said:

The most hipster brand since it has no fanbase/fanboyism :^)

Ducky?

Topre

Oh please; Ducky's following is almost as fanboyish as the Model M fanboys. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

9 minutes ago, juretrn said:

Oh please; Ducky's following is almost as fanboyish as the Model M fanboys. 

Because Model M is lyfe...

On ze serious note, IBM and Ducky (and Filco, those are really close), along with Vortex and Topre would be my list when it comes to mech keyboards (although I currently use CM Storm Quickfire TK, and I have to say it is awesome).

"Euler was a mathematical gangster" - Prof. Edwards Frenkel