Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cmgroft

In Ear Headphones

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Currently I own the Klipsch s4, they are dieing out and im looking for a new pair. I am having a very hard time deciding between 4 pairs. Audio Technica CKR9 , Sennheiser Momentum in ear, Shure Se215 and Klipsch R6. I listen to genres like pop, some hip hop, rock and edm. I do like bass and knowing it is there but i also like the rest of the sound stage to be present when called for. If anyone has experiences with these in ear monitors i would love to hear what you think about them. Really appreciate it, thank you. I am currently leaning towards the CKR9 and Se215.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cmgroft said:

Currently I own the Klipsch s4, they are dieing out and im looking for a new pair. I am having a very hard time deciding between 4 pairs. Audio Technica CKR9 , Sennheiser Momentum in ear, Shure Se215 and Klipsch R6. I listen to genres like pop, some hip hop, rock and edm. I do like bass and knowing it is there but i also like the rest of the sound stage to be present when called for. If anyone has experiences with these in ear monitors i would love to hear what you think about them. Really appreciate it, thank you. I am currently leaning towards the CKR9 and Se215.

I currently am running the OCX880 (Epic, bought 3 years ago), so I can vouch for almost anything from sennheiser being worth its price. Also, the SE215s are really meant for musicians and have a flat sound signature. So take that into consideration. Also, if you're looking at at something in the price range of the CKR9s, look at the IE 60s. One step up from the Momentum IEMs. 


Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

 

Stille (Desktop)

i7-8700k @5.15Ghz (Delidded) - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX - Armor GTX 1080 - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Macbook Pro 2015 (Musicians live and die by these, unfortunately I need one. :/
i7-4980HQ (Liquid Metal mod) - 16GB DDR3 - Radeon M370X (Liquid Metal mod) 

El-Sleep (ProxMox server)

2x Xeon E5-2667  - 48GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 4x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
7 minutes ago, Brink2Three said:

I currently am running the OCX880 (Epic, bought 3 years ago), so I can vouch for almost anything from sennheiser being worth its price. Also, the SE215s are really meant for musicians and have a flat sound signature. So take that into consideration. Also, if you're looking at at something in the price range of the CKR9s, look at the IE 60s. One step up from the Momentum IEMs. 

Ok, thank you. I will take a look at that. So if the Se215 have a flat sound signature what would you reccommend for the type that Im looking for?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cmgroft said:

Ok, thank you. I will take a look at that. So if the Se215 have a flat sound signature what would you reccommend for the type that Im looking for?

Sry, Se215s are actually good for bass (Thought you said 315... Was reading too many pages at once.). I use this site to compare different headphones. http://www.headphone.com/pages/build-a-graph Just add the headphones you want to compare and hit update at the bottom. Enjoy! 


Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

 

Stille (Desktop)

i7-8700k @5.15Ghz (Delidded) - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX - Armor GTX 1080 - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Macbook Pro 2015 (Musicians live and die by these, unfortunately I need one. :/
i7-4980HQ (Liquid Metal mod) - 16GB DDR3 - Radeon M370X (Liquid Metal mod) 

El-Sleep (ProxMox server)

2x Xeon E5-2667  - 48GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 4x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Brink2Three said:

Sry, Se215s are actually good for bass (Thought you said 315... Was reading too many pages at once.). I use this site to compare different headphones. http://www.headphone.com/pages/build-a-graph Just add the headphones you want to compare and hit update at the bottom. Enjoy! 

Thanks for your help:)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cmgroft said:

Thanks for your help:)

No problem. Welcome to the forum! 


Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

 

Stille (Desktop)

i7-8700k @5.15Ghz (Delidded) - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX - Armor GTX 1080 - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Macbook Pro 2015 (Musicians live and die by these, unfortunately I need one. :/
i7-4980HQ (Liquid Metal mod) - 16GB DDR3 - Radeon M370X (Liquid Metal mod) 

El-Sleep (ProxMox server)

2x Xeon E5-2667  - 48GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 4x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 minutes ago, Brink2Three said:

No problem. Welcome to the forum! 

I have another question and you may not know but ill ask. Do headphones like those(IE60, CKR9) go on sale often? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Cmgroft said:

I have another question and you may not know but ill ask. Do headphones like those(IE60, CKR9) go on sale often? 

I know the IE80s (Next step up) can be found on ebay for $210 if you search. So check lots of different sites, You might find a deal! 


Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

 

Stille (Desktop)

i7-8700k @5.15Ghz (Delidded) - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX - Armor GTX 1080 - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Macbook Pro 2015 (Musicians live and die by these, unfortunately I need one. :/
i7-4980HQ (Liquid Metal mod) - 16GB DDR3 - Radeon M370X (Liquid Metal mod) 

El-Sleep (ProxMox server)

2x Xeon E5-2667  - 48GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 4x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
16 minutes ago, Brink2Three said:

I know the IE80s (Next step up) can be found on ebay for $210 if you search. So check lots of different sites, You might find a deal! 

Would you happen to know anything on Audio Technica? The CKR9 came out 2015 and the IE 60 came out 2012, im just curious on the difference

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the Shure SE215 SPE. I had the S4s before and these beat them by a long shot. At first the design was kind of annoying since the cable goes over your ear, but after a little while it feels so natural and its way harder for the earbud to fall out. 

 

From what I have read the SPE version is not too different from the standard ones. Supposedly the bass is a little better, but IDK if its worth an extra $30.


CPU: i7 2700K @4.5Ghz Mobo: Intel DZ77-RE 75K RAM: Team Extreme 16GB 1600Mhz GPU: Gigabyte 7970 Windforce PSU: Antec 520W Case: NZXT Phantom 410

Storage: 4TB WD Red + 1TB Seagate Barracuda Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mathmeister said:

I picked up the Shure SE846-CL the other day. Think they were around $1000. Don't sound too good. Think I'll stick with my power beats

You hopeless soul.... 

 


Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

 

Stille (Desktop)

i7-8700k @5.15Ghz (Delidded) - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX - Armor GTX 1080 - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Macbook Pro 2015 (Musicians live and die by these, unfortunately I need one. :/
i7-4980HQ (Liquid Metal mod) - 16GB DDR3 - Radeon M370X (Liquid Metal mod) 

El-Sleep (ProxMox server)

2x Xeon E5-2667  - 48GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 4x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Brink2Three said:

You hopeless soul.... 

 

/s

 

On a serious note I use Apple Earphones and enjoy them. Sure they're not as good as my AKG K7XX or SE215s but they were free and sound like $50-$100

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2016 at 3:40 PM, mathmeister said:

/s

 

On a serious note I use Apple Earphones and enjoy them. Sure they're not as good as my AKG K7XX or SE215s but they were free and sound like $50-$100

I can agree with that. The isolation won't be as great as an IEM, but the new EarPods are incredibly good for their price (usually free with an iphone or mobile i device.). 

 

On 2/9/2016 at 9:19 PM, Cmgroft said:

Would you happen to know anything on Audio Technica? The CKR9 came out 2015 and the IE 60 came out 2012, im just curious on the difference

Audio Technica is a standard for me. I've been using their microphones for recording for about 2 years now. They're a good mid-range brand with a few higher end offerings. Quality is almost always great too. 


Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

 

Stille (Desktop)

i7-8700k @5.15Ghz (Delidded) - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX - Armor GTX 1080 - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Macbook Pro 2015 (Musicians live and die by these, unfortunately I need one. :/
i7-4980HQ (Liquid Metal mod) - 16GB DDR3 - Radeon M370X (Liquid Metal mod) 

El-Sleep (ProxMox server)

2x Xeon E5-2667  - 48GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 4x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×