Best Cheap but good Drone

Cactu
2 minutes ago, ALwin said:

Yeah I know, but I live in Europe.  While I am intrigued by the idea of aerial photo/video I think I still prefer to have the camera in my hand.  If I want to do some high angle shots, I'll find a tall building, or a hire one of those lift machines, use a ladder, or dangle from a helicopter door like some of my buddies.

With a drone I am concerned that some accident might occur in mid air and it would be the end to my cameras.

im using a cannon eos rebel t6i for the drone so not super expensive but still a nice camera 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

I say you should build your own. That gives you plenty of options for what you do with it and you also know your way around it like a computer. That way WHEN you crash, it won't be as big of a deal to fix. youtube.com/flitetest has a few tricopter guides I think you should check out.

ASU

3 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

I say you should build your own. That gives you plenty of options for what you do with it and you also know your way around it like a computer. That way WHEN you crash, it won't be as big of a deal to fix. youtube.com/flitetest has a few tricopter guides I think you should check out.

tricopter or quad, which would be better for exploring/ photogaphy

2 hours ago, Cactusneedle_18 said:

tricopter or quad, which would be better for exploring/ photogaphy

Tricopter as use less power, but have more points of failure (with the tail and everything). But because they have physical yaw control, (opposed to opposite torques taking care of that) you have a lot more yaw authority which can lead to some nice video shots. However a quad has the potential to be more stable and offer more lifting power. If yaw authority is important to you, but you want the benefits of a quad, then a vtail isn't a bad option. I'm building one right now, (build log hopefully coming soon) but it's a 280 size and is much more suited for racing.

ASU