Help for setting up Wi-Fi on a small hotel/apartments

voytex

Hey guys, i need help for setting up a wifi for our guest's to acces, sadly i dont have any backgrounds on how to setup some router and stuff i only have experience on PC's.

Help me out guys id be very thankful :D

I would recommend ubiquitis unify since their hotspots are really easy to Setup and manage and you can combin multiple once with one wifi network

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

that's not really much to go on. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

3 minutes ago, voytex said:

Hey guys, i need help for setting up a wifi for our guest's to acces, sadly i dont have any backgrounds on how to setup some router and stuff i only have experience on PC's.

Help me out guys id be very thankful :D

Do you have a budget to buy new equipment? If so, how much?

If you have to use existing equipment, please list make and model number of all network equipment at your disposal (eg: Modem, Router, Access Points, Switches, etc). Don't leave anything out.

How would you like to configure your network? Eg: One OPEN (no security) guest SSID (WIFI network) for everyone to access? Or one with a password that is given to guests instead? Or multiple networks, depending on whether you're a resident or a guest, etc?

We really really need more information to be of any assistance.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

If you want the best service for your guests/residents, I recommend contracting a company to design and manage the network. You want a company that does a site survey that *includes installing a test AP to check signal penetration* and that will monitor the network 24/7 for outages like an AP that needs to be rebooted. This company will also usually serve as the call center for your guests when they have issues connecting - trust me you'd be surprised at the types of issues that prevent new users from connecting.

The company I work for only serves a particular category, college student apartment complexes, but most of our new customers either tried to manage a network on their own, or had a service company that really was not good. Dpn't go with a company that's overpriced, but don't cheap out either. Nowadays a robust wireless network is essential for repeat guests and good word of mouth.

And if you want to go it alone anyway, please answer the questions for more information as asked by the posts above mine.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

If you don't have ANY background in network, you shouldn't start by trying to set up a business network IMO. You can just doing a displeasure to your customers.  Start with something small then work up.