The Division developer concedes PC version was downgraded to stay “in check” with consoles [Update - Ubisoft in Damage Control]

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

Update : 

8 Feb, 2016: Ubisoft have sent word to calm nerves of players regarding the PC version being "kept in check" because of consoles.

After the below story was published quoting an unnamed member of the Ubisoft Massive development team as saying elements of The Division were "kept in check" because of the need to run on consoles, we asked Ubi for any further comment on the matter. They've sent us an official statement denying that it was "held back" and reiterating their stance that The Division's PC version was "developed from the ground up."

"It has come to our attention that a comment from one of our team members has been perceived by some members of the community to imply the PC version of The Division was 'held back' and this is simply not true. From the beginning, the PC version of The Division was developed from the ground up and we're confident players will enjoy the game and the features this version has to offer. And the feedback from PC players who participated in the recent closed beta supports this.

Source : http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/ubisoft-denies-pc-version-of-the-division-held-back-by-consoles/

==============================================================================================================================

The PC version of The Division had to be kept "keep it in check with consoles because it would kind of be unfair just to push it so far away from them," confirming that the PC version of the game has been held back by the relative power of the consoles. 

Thankfully the developer also stated that the PC version of the game is a dedicated build of the title, rather than a ported version of the console release, something that was already confirmed by the developer. Giving the PC version a specific build has allowed the game to support Multi-GPU setups and multi-screen setup much more easily as not limitations have been carried over from the console version. 

It is definitely a factor, But one good thing about The Division is that we've always considered PC as a separate platform. I've worked on projects before where the PC version's a port from a console, so it carries those limitations over, but we've always been in the mind that we'll have a dedicated PC build, so it hasn't really held it back too much.

The PC version of the game has been stated to have been held back by the console versions of the game, with many PC gamers complaining that the great graphics found in the early E3 trailers have been taken away from the PC version for the sake of the console versions. 

We do have to kind of keep it (The PC version) in check with consoles because it would kind of be unfair just to push it so far away from them.

This is Ubisoft pulling a Bungie giving the "we had to keep the res and framerate the same for last and new generation consoles to give everybody the same experience"

Time coded to  13:28, thanks to @Bouzoo

Source : http://www.destructoid.com/ubisoft-deliberately-keeping-pc-version-of-the-division-in-check-with-consoles-339914.phtml

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Well Ubisoft's good will has lasted for a record two weeks. Its progress i guess.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Pathetic excuse. That's all I have to say.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Blablabla. Always the same shit...

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Watch Dogs 2.0

What a surprise!

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

And this is how you stall progress.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

And so it begins...... Shitstorm Inc. :D

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

OP added the time coded video

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Makes me wonder how much MS & Sony paid them to do this. I mean if its a seperate branch of code entirely then what reason do they have to cut features from the PC release other than £€¥$¢??

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

its so stupid, its like saying supercar manufacturers should downgrade their cars to regular cars since its unfair a prius cant beat a koenigsegg on track, lol

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

LOL, unfair?

how is it unfair. Each platform should be utilized in the optimal manner.

but considering that Ubisoft struggles to get their games running smoothly maybe it's for the best.

3 minutes ago, Humbug said:

but considering that Ubisoft struggles to get their games running smoothly maybe it's for the best.

one problem can't be solved by creating another. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Why exactly does the PC version have to meet the console version? It makes absolutely no sense. It isn't like the communities are tied together and actually need it (somehow). Haven't they learned from all the other games and the outrage those decisions received?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Why is it not fair to use the PC hardware to its fullest potential? Surely it's also "not fair" to have PC gamers who build powerful rigs have to play games that barely even push their machine's capabilities...

I'm reminded of the time when Watch_Dogs was released and there was suspicion that Sony and/or Microsoft had encouraged Ubi to downgrade the  PC version so the consoles don't look so bad in comparison... Not that I think that is what has happened, but "it's not fair on console gamers" sounds like exactly the sort of bullshit excuse the console manufacturers would come up with to say why the PC version should be brought down to their level.

34 minutes ago, Humbug said:

LOL, unfair?

how is it unfair. Each platform should be utilized in the optimal manner.

I wonder how big of a difference exists between the three besides the frame rate.

Edited by Godlygamer23

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

30 minutes ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

< SNIP >

"Next Gen consoles"

"Now with 30% less Gen"

It's just so shit that PC games are held back because the console hardware frankly sucks in comparison.

Yes the consoles can be cheaper than PC's in certain situations.

Might as well be like "Oh we had to hold everything else back to match the quality of the PS2 so that everyone has the same experience"

-----

Why not let the people who spend more on better PC's to have a better experience?

Stoopid Ubishit.

This is why I don't play their games anymore. (Only the older Splintercell and Rainbow Six games I already own that were actually decent and had really good single player modes).

The thing that surprises me the most is the requirements of the game.

Ubisoft says that the version was downgraded, alright. But why is it so demanding then ? I got a GTX 780 SLI, and the game can't run at steady 60 FPS with a lot of activated options (even without AA).

What if it wasn't downgraded then ? Or is it a pathetic optimization again ?

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

7 minutes ago, crystal6tak said:

So they state the PC version is a dedicated build, separate from the console version...yet they're downgrading it to make it more like console.

Wat.

Funny thing is the experience won't be the same due to the fact that the PC version can run at a higher frame rate compared to the console version.

Oh no. Ubisoft will now release an update that makes the PC version lock to 30FPS!

4 minutes ago, stconquest said:

So this means a solid 60 FPS @ 1080p (ultra textures, med. everything else) on a R7 260X/GTX 750Ti, right?  That's cool.

It's actually not the case, and that's why I'm a bit concerned about it.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

consoles holding back the industry, that's news?

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

And who thought consoles "didn't hold back" PC gaming? Prime example right here that consoles need to fuck off and die.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM