Local network

Deladorr

I want to make a local network, which enables me to connect to 'websites' (not really sure what's the correct term), even when the internet is off. The websites would be on the network, but i need to have internet available on the same network.
Is it possible? If so, how, and where should i look for the solution?
I made a really swag sketch, hopefully you get the idea.

swag.png

So you would like to create offline backups of websites to access them when you're not connected to the internet? Can I also ask why and for what sites? 

If you have the option to get a high refresh rate monitor, do it.

Main PC CPU: i7 9700k CPU Cooler: NZXT x62 280mm Motherboard: MSI Z390 Carbon Gaming Pro AC GPU: EVGA GTX 3070 FTW3 RAM: Corsair 4x8gb 3200mhz SSD: 980 Pro 1TB, 2x 500gb Sata Case: NZXT S340 Black/Red PSU: EVGA Supernova G.2 750w 80+ Gold

1 minute ago, Josh.Drayton said:

So you would like to create offline backups of websites to access them when you're not connected to the internet? Can I also ask why and for what sites? 

I want to have sensors (temperature sensor, for example), connected to the cloud via a php site. I want to have a setup, in which i can access the site (from anything connected to the network, or the internet) even if i don't have access to the cloud, only to the network. I have to have internet on the network, and access the local php site on the same network at the same time.

So you just set up a local webserver on your network, and access it from the LAN IP, and then for that webserver to be accessible on the internet you portforward to it from your router/firewall. That's the usual way to do this. Is there a reason that doesn't work for you?

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

1 hour ago, brwainer said:

So you just set up a local webserver on your network, and access it from the LAN IP, and then for that webserver to be accessible on the internet you portforward to it from your router/firewall. That's the usual way to do this. Is there a reason that doesn't work for you?

Haven't tried it yet, as i stated in my question, i want to know if it's possible. Any idea where should i look to learn about this setup? Thank you :)

1 hour ago, Deladorr said:

Haven't tried it yet, as i stated in my question, i want to know if it's possible. Any idea where should i look to learn about this setup? Thank you :)

Well you normally start by acquiring some hardware to host the site - if you don't expect more than a few users at a time, a rapsberry pi works great - and connect it to a LAN port on your router. Pick an OS (like raspbian on a Pi, Centos, Fedora on a normal computer, etc - nearly endless options here) Then just look up guides/tutorials on setting up a web server with whatever OS you went with, as well as configuring the firewall on that OS.

All you are doing is setting up a web server. There is lots of reaources for doing that, I don't have any in particular I would recommend.

12 hours ago, Deladorr said:

I want to make a local network, which enables me to connect to 'websites' (not really sure what's the correct term), even when the internet is off. The websites would be on the network, but i need to have internet available on the same network.

What are the "websites"? Servers? If so, what kind? Most "Apps" use outbound port 80 on the WAN port, so you still need internet. If you are going to access them locally, they would need some access like SNMP, SSH or Telnet. Also, if you want to access the servers by the same public IP both internally and externally, your router would need loop back.  So what model router do you have and what servers?

On 2016. 02. 08. at 11:27 PM, Trikein said:

What are the "websites"? Servers? If so, what kind? Most "Apps" use outbound port 80 on the WAN port, so you still need internet. If you are going to access them locally, they would need some access like SNMP, SSH or Telnet. Also, if you want to access the servers by the same public IP both internally and externally, your router would need loop back.  So what model router do you have and what servers?

Yes, servers. Nothing yet, i will start from zero. But in your answer is exactly the type i wanted, lot of help, thank you :)

2 hours ago, Deladorr said:

Yes, servers. Nothing yet, i will start from zero. But in your answer is exactly the type i wanted, lot of help, thank you :)

Servers is the most generic answer I've heard in the past week to any question. Seriously, you have to give us more information as to what *services* like HTTP/website, storage, database, printing, etc you are interested in setting up before we can give you concrete answers. But generally, if you have a local path to a server (i.e. You can reach it using a private IP address on your LAN) then that connection would still work even when you have no internet.