Formatting follows cursor

Do not know whether this has been reported as something else, however I noticed that the text formatting follows the cursor as a new line is selected by pressing "Enter"

The error code, message and the time that you got it (as precisely as possible please), if the problem is about an error page that you have been getting.
So this line

and this line are formatted in red accent although if the change of line is done with

the right arrow the colour did not continue but when a formatting such as italics

runs into another line with italics enabled and not a space as below, they seem to continue?

The browser that you're using, and the operating system (especially if it's a mobile device), so that the error can be reproduced and fixed more efficiently. If you're not sure exactly what to put, go to http://www.whatsmybrowser.org/ and paste the information from there.

Firefox though this is related to the issue of deleting tags?

A screenshot of the issue, if it's an issue with the content that's displayed in any way (basically, anything other than error pages).

Not required as the text above attributes the issue

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).

Well I don't actually understand what you mean. All I can say that current editor acts pretty close to general text editors such as MS Word.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

@LoGiCalDrm

There was no image sorry.

But what do you not follow if I insert a link https://www.ple.com.au/ViewItem.aspx?InventoryItemId=621202 and then hit the space bar the typing that you are currently reading is being put into what would have been <url=https://www.ple.com.au/ViewItem.aspx?InventoryItemId=621202> inserted into this position previously in BBcode </url>

Not outside the formatting where it should be?

Wait this changed after the post went live and now does not make sense...as when it was being written all the text from https to </url> was the link?

Edited by SydneySideSteveSomewheres
It mysteriously changed after posting

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).

@SydneySideSteveSomewheres

It still works for me like MS Word would. So paste link to external site and continue writing will also continue with link until I press Enter for next row. Why the first link went like it is I don't know. I do remember bug doing something like that during Alpha/Beta. Lets see what Mortis thinks when he comes online.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

24 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Well I don't actually understand what you mean. All I can say that current editor acts pretty close to general text editors such as MS Word.

I understand what you were saying about the formatting following normal performance of other text editors. The link one happened whilst I was editing a big post too and I did not post it to see how it was formatted (there is no longer the forum preview option). As I usually do all the edits and proof reading before posting and would not necessarily need to read it through again after posting.

I noticed something thats bit related to this. If I copypaste one of my bookmarks (like my LTT quick links), I can't edit it as link. It removes all formatting.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I noticed something thats bit related to this. If I copypaste one of my bookmarks (like my LTT quick links), I can't edit it as link. It removes all formatting.

Maybe the glitch has something to do with the link editor Control = right mouse click?

Sorry I am purely an amateur when it comes to computers and computing without any real qualifications. When I was in school there were pens, paper with coloured pencils and rulers for adding formatting...

As far as I can tell, you've reported two separate issues here:

• If you are typing text that has formatting as you type (by clicking eg bold, then typing and that text being bold), pressing enter doesn't cancel the formatting - you have to manually cancel it.
    This isn't a bug, and function in the same way as Microsoft word and many other editors.
  • When you paste a URL, then continue typing, all of the text is contained in the link, not just the pasted URL.
    This is a bug, which the forum software developers are aware of and have been aware of for some time. I don't know when it will be fixed. It's a firefox specific issue.

HTTP/2 203