Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

Everyone should have a SSD in their system as no one should have to wait a painfully long time for an application to open.

An SSD would be awesome to have because I have not experienced the awesomeness of an SSD with its blazing fast speed!

Right now I am trying to upgrade my 6 years old PC and one of these SSDs would be a very big improvement, since so far I have only managed to chance the CPU cooler.

SSDs are great because they have no moving parts, so they are silent, fast and reliable. One of this babies would give my old PC a chance to be by my side for another 6 years!

Well ssd makes the user experience so much better 

and I really want another one?

I just recently finished building my very own computer for the first time. I saved up forever but i pushed my budget and i ran out for the SSD. Instead i put HDD in my new rig. What a mistake. It is so loud and the boot time is just god awful. I would love to be able to have a SSD in my computer. It would make the computer run and sound so much smoother. I personally believe that while yes dollar per GB is cheaper for a HDD it is completely worth saving up and skipping the HDD and going straight for a SSD, I would recommend this to anyone who is thinking of building a computer. While sure a HDD is cheaper you want to be able to build a nice quite system. One that you can be proud of and not one that you can hear the humming from all the way down the hall. Be respectful to yourself. Don't go the i did and cheap out and buying a HDD; go with the SSD. IT is worth it. That is why i would love to be able to win a Apacer AS330 Panther 240 G SSD.

Thank you for your time.

I'd love to win one of these to surprise my friend for his first build!

Thanks LMG and Panther!

I want to win a new SSD because i'm planning to build my first system yo replace my old, crappy potato pc (with pentium E6600, 2gb of RAM, 500GB HHD and on-board graphics).

Everyone should have an SSD in their system because it will sure increase the speed performance of their system. And also, SSD should be a standard in every system.

Because no one deserves to wait more than 30 seconds for a PC bootup...except maybe Hitler...

I'd want a SSD because I just got old 5400rpm HDDs, which take forever to load on games like Star Citizen. :S

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I'm making a new build with a custom painted case and although I have plenty of 7200 HDDs, I have exactly 0 SSDs which will be crippling .

I have one 240GB SSD and its been an amazing upgrade from my 500GB HDD but its filling up and it would be nice to have more SSD space.

He awakes, beaten and stranded in the middle of the woods. He stumbles about attempting to clear his vision looking for anyone or anything civilized, safe and especially electronic. A lone dirty log cabin of decent size stands where the trees and foliage have ceased to grow as though retreating from its very presence.

"Is anyone there, do you have wifi" He asks trembling....

Greeted by silence he knocks, no answer. Slowly he pushes the door open. Once inside in spite of his bruised and battered being he attempted to muffle his steps, ineffectively. He notices the familiar light of a monitor shining through the thin space of a barely open door. He gently pushes the door out of his way so that he may find sanctuary in the enveloping glow only a computer monitor can provide. As the door swings open it exposes a filthy beyond outdated CRT monitor attached to a vanilla colored mid tower covered in dust with cables spilling from its sides like an aged and wounded animal.

"Who are yous!?"

In hearing the sudden and uneducated voice he stumbles back and turns quickly to see an old man with a balding head and a beard colored by week old meals pointing a very large gun in his general direction.

"What're ya doin ere, eh?" the man said with a growl as whiskey perfumed the room with every breath he took.

"I'm, I" -he remembered the mess of a PC behind him- "here to fix your computer." He said forming a trembling smile.

"Oooh yeh? Well go ahead an fix'er up then. You get'er to the screen with that there menya bar in less than a minute I'll letcha out a here."

"Certainly sir nunuh, no problem...." He begins to toil and apply his spare zip ties and removing cables that were never actually attached to things.

"Erry up thar, I need teh buy more ammo over the webs." The old man barked.

The young computer whiz worked quickly and professionally cleaning and placing cables in the best format to allow the most airflow through the outdated tower. He quickly begins to place the side panels back on and somehow managed not to notice until now that the only drive within the computer was a PATA drive. His heart sank and his throat closed up. The utter feeling of impending doom set into his very core. His only chance of salvation was Windows 7 or higher and the older mans inability to tell time.

"Well ya gonna go and turn er on?" The man said tauntingly.

The young troubleshooter pressed the power button while praying to Intel and AMD to have mercy on his soul. The computer turned on expelling loose dust with its nearly useless case fans. For a moment there was nothing as the CRT's indicator light switched from orange to green the screen remained black.... Then there was light and for a moment the young PC expert was relieved then consumed by fear as Windows XP appeared on the screen. He stared intently at the repetitive load bar as it raced from one side to the other as though to show him every second of his life slowly sliding away.

"Five, four, threy" -
-"No wait its almost done dont do this!"

"Two."

The old man aimed as his lips formed the last number in his terribly pronounced countdown. While the young PC enthusiast awaited his final moment only one thought was at the forefront of his mind.

If only I had an AS330 Panther SSD made by Apacer to help reduce the boot time significantly. 

The End

An SSD could save a life, that is why I want one.

I would really like to have an SSD because I have been trying to build an awesome PC for a long time, but getting parts really isn't that easy when you are a college student living off of Ramen noodles! Also, you all at Linus Media Group have taught me all I know about computers and I am extremely grateful for having found this awesome channel on youtube. I was even able to build my friend's computer for him this weekend thanks to your awesome know how (I will attach some pictures on my profile)! Having a little piece of Linus Media Group in my computer would mean a lot to me, because if it weren't for you guys I wouldn't even know the difference between an SSD and an HDD lol! Either way though, I just want you to know that this channel is awesome and I learn more and more every day thanks to you guys!!!

22 hours ago, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

I'm running out of space on my optical drive, and applications are running extremely slowly.

Because no one wants to wait around for your computer to boot.

I think everyone should own an SSD because, well they make life easier. Fast times, means happier lives. :) I personally don't own an SSD. (no money for it) and would love to win one of these. :P 

I've never had an SSD before, except for the one in my Chromebook. They're really fast and make no noise! They're amazing! I want one for my tower so that Windows can load in seconds, so that games can load in seconds, and so I can make some more space in my HDD.

Why i want a new SSD?

Currently, I have a 250GB SSD anda 1TB HHD. It's decent however, who doesn't want a faster system. Furthermore, i would really like to win one of these Giveaways. Its gonna be awesome if i did win. hahaha thanks in advance.

SSD means more speed and more power. HHD can't even compare. That is why HHD is so much cheaper then SSD. As we all say, the pricier it is, usually means its better.

This would make for a great upgrade to my current laptop, so I can move its existing SSD to another machine I've currently set up as my TV streaming box. :D 

22 hours ago, nicklmg said:

my comppotis can fester with dez ssd wowow

I've got this 8 year-old system with an i7 920 and an EIGHT YEAR OLD WD BLUE drive. Takes at least 5 minutes to boot. Save me xD

SSDs are getting cheaper as we speak, and offer a great performance to price for boot drives and non-mass storage applications.

I could really use a fresh drive as mine is 6 years old and going from a Mechanical Hard drive to an SSD would make my experience 10x better

Everyone can benefit from the performance of an SSD over other forms of storage. The most notable can be seen in windows boot times  

My custom built PC has a  400GB 5400rpm HDD :'(  . SSD's are what make life worth living, you don't have to contemplate suicide everytime you boot up your PC or launch a program. Save lives, everyone needs an SSD