Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

I have an HDD 5200rpm, never tried a SSD. But I have friend who have SSD, and as I can see, once you go to SSD, you never go back on HDD.

20 hours ago, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

P

who doesn't want a new ssd, any way, i have a laptop that requires a ssd 

My best friend just had his 4 year old Mushkin 128GB SSD fail on him this past weekend. He has been super envious of my 500GB 850 EVOs and I am positive he would be over-joyed with a brand new Apacer SSD. 

Why do I want an SSD!? Because I already have one! Wait, that's not it. My mother's computer needs to be freed from the evil doings that is mechanical hard drives! That's why! And that is why everyone needs an SSD in their life!

Considering I'm running 2 GTX 980 Classfied in sl with a i7 4790k and after that build everything is running on a 1 TB WD caviar blue it is needless to say why I would want an ssd. The other components left my 'computer fund' dry so buying an ssd is not much of an option. 

I would really like one of these ssds because I recently built a computer but did not have room in my budget for a ssd. I think that having an ssd in my system would greatly improve my boot speeds and etc. It would be really nice and cool to have one.

I what one of those ssd to replace my old crappy harddrive. Everyone should have an ssd because is faster than every memory.

A month ago (new year), I purchased a corsair VS450 and Fractal Design core 100 as part of my "1st PC Build Log" plan - which will be my first own PC ever since I was born >.< I plan to purchase 1 part every 15 days ( pay day ). Unfortunately  I have not yet bought another part up to this day due to financial reasons. I'm still saving to buy the next part which is the mobo, I'm planning to get a a88x mobo, following the value budget build from linus (x4 860k). Getting this SSD from APACER would really help hasten my build schedule :))) hehehe

Even though I planned for value oriented build, I did not consider too much getting a HDD because SSDs are BLAZINGLY FASTER than hdds. Everyone should always pick SSDs because aside from being BLAZINGLY FAST, they are more secure and safe from hardware failure ^_^

Hoping for a favorable response :)

PS: picture of my build --> 10400221_1013960858624448_40483808163345 sadly empty.. hahaha

I recently built a PC and it would be great to get those faster loading speeds in games.

I have a new rig with a 250GB SSD and the difference is astounding. Before I got my current rig, I had an HP Pavilion DM4 from 2010 and it could take up to 30 minutes to go from cold start to actually playing games. Even my buddy with his Alienware tower has to wait 15 minutes just to boot up fully. Now, my rig can go from totally powered off to playing games in under 5 minutes. If I got one of these, I'll be installing it in my buddy's rig next day just so he doesn't have to sit and glare at me while he waits to get in game.

Current Rig: ASUS Prime Z390-P, Core i7 9700k, 48GB DDR4 3200 G.Skill Ripjaws V RAM, EVGA RTX 2080 Super Black, 512 GB NVME SSD boot drive, 2TB HDD, 360mm CoolerMaster MasterLiquid AIO, 1200W Rosewill Photon power supply

Former Rig (RIP 11-29-19): Cyberpower Fangbook 4 Xtreme   CPU: Intel i7-6700K   GPU: Nvidia 980m 8GB   RAM: 24GB DDR4 2133   SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO   Main Drive: 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 300

Would love to put an ssd in my laptop. Everybody doesn't need an ssd but the reason why everybody would want one is for the speed in boot times, and access speeds for programs and large files. 

My games are loading really slow. Please give me AS330 Panther 240G SSD, it will be my first SSD ever. :( 

21 hours ago, nicklmg said:

I'm building a new PC and just bought a Samsung SSD and would really like to have another to do a raid setup. I've always wanted to try it and this would be the excuse I need to finally do it.

I recently went back to school to further my education and  my current build is NOT enough to handle the tasks of virtual machines or database management, there for I am going to upgrade/build a new rig. We can build it better, faster, stronger. Help an aspiring student so I don't have to buy Ramen Noodles for the next 2 years!

I'd love one of these ssds because I have ran out of space on all my drives. A boot ssd would make my system much faster.

New ssd for my few games that I play, I would be able to get rid of my HDD

I'd like an ssd but they're too expensive and I want to get a another graphics card to upgrade my PC and I currently don't have a ssd but really want one and im also in au I JUST WANT ONE THERE SO MUCH BETTER THEN HARD DRIVES and I have one ONE terabyte hard drive and that's it and the reason that the better is the compact design and speeds that CAN ONLY BE MACH BE A HARD DRIVE SSD HYBRID there good BUT SSD ARE BETTER.

I know you can't see the inside but I'll list all the specs.

here's a pic of my pc.

Corsair CS Series, CS750M, 750 Watt (750W), Semi Modular Power Supply, 80+ bronze Certified

Intel Core i5-4690K Processor 3.5 GHz LGA 1150 BX80646I54690K

EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti FTW

MSI H97M-G43 Motherboard

WD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive

A random cd Drive

And the case is the Deepcool Tesseract

Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 DRAM 2400MHz C11 Memory Kit

DSC_0024[2].JPG

Everyone should use ssd's, at the very least, for their boot drive. Not doing so is essentially wasting your computers potential! It kind of blows my mind that people still use mechanical for their main drive given how cheap ssds have gotten.

Everyone should have an SSD as it can help with those older machines with the slower boot times and you can also use many SSDs in Raid 0 as well which can help your storage capacity as well. SSDs are the new and improved hard drives of the tech world.

Since my current and only system [a 4 year old laptop] is slowly dying, starting with the 5400 rpm harddisk, SMART shows it's at 70%, i would love a SSD, it would be a significant improvement over the current one and also give me a new hard disk to run my dying laptop until the day it's nothing but a rust bucket. 

As for why everyone should have a SSD in their system, saves a bunch of time, and time is money.

Well, I work at a "electronics store" and like to boast and brag about my system setups.  A nice increase in speed would be very nice for me!  Plus, I could use an additional drive to help store the files of a little gaming project I'm doing with my 12 and 9 year old daughters.  Teaching them to code and develop a video game with dad!

It would be a great tool to have as a portable SSD on the go, and then docking straight into a hot swap tray straight to SATA.