Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

I have an SSD (Samsung EVO), but my boyfriend has been strapped for cash and his system is really dying. His WD 1TB hard drive is literally rattling and making terrible sounds. I would love to win one and surprise him with an awesome upgrade. 

I want an SSD to use for editing video and increase my efficiency. Everyone should have an SSD in their system because it is a great performance boost when going from an HDD to SDD for your operating system or as any drive use honestly.

I havent been able to get a new SSD for my new pc build, i curently just have a 1TB HDD. I think everyone should at least have an SSD for a boot drive.

Everyone should have an SSD in their system because owning HDD's as an OS drive kills baby seals. Fact.

I would like one because I have a new build coming up that is in need of one.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

I mean, why would anybody not want a SSD? Faster, more reliable, smaller...
My samsung 240SSD is getting kinda old and would really love to replace it before it starts doing bad things to my precious data :D
By the way, thanks for the giveaway!!!

I have two old 120GB SSDs that are seriously straining to hold my games.  Gaming without SSDs is painful, everyone should have them.

At the moment I'm storing my files on two clunky hard drives and it would be great to upgrade to an SSD but my money is going towards a new GPU at the moment.

20 hours ago, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

I would love another ssd. My current one just doesn't have enough for my games (and isn't the fastest).

Who in their right mind wouldn't want a panther in their PC!!! Makes me want to do a jungle themed build with glowing cats eyes maybe some black fur accents. This could get interesting...

Hello Hello My name is Terry. i am a HUGE fan of linus tech tips and channel super fun! and every thing linus media group has produced this is not my first time on the forum but it is my first time posting to the forum so here goes.

I myself have seen the pros and cons of SSD (though i do not own one) i work as a computer technician so i have installed my fair share. Apacer seems to have their speeds for SSD down pack! i do believe that the increased speed of SSD should be a standard in newer computers even if its just a 120GB drive for the system cause in this day in age no one wants to wait for windows/linux/macOS/etc. to boot up (one great thing about the chrome books that come standard with SSD for those SUPER fast boots +1 to google)

so in conclusion i'm not saying i should win this drawing( even though I REAALLLY want to) i'm saying that most everyone should have one just for the sake of not having to wait for there system to boot. thank you Linus, Luke, Taran, Brandon and all the rest for the laughs and info and making my dreams closer to reality.

#TeamLuke

I wan't an SSD because boot times on a 5200 RPM disk drive are terrible. Everyone should have an SSD because it increases boot times and program loading speeds by quite a bit!

I have a 120 GB ssd and honestly wouldn't mind an upgrade. My life would be happier for sure.

I've never owned an SSD and my friend told me how much it's improved his gaming experience, but as a broke college student, I can't afford one anytime soon.

My Kingston SSD died with all my files and what not on it so currently I'm running off a 5400 RPM HDD that's only 320GB.

SSDs are the BEST upgrade for any build using mechanical drives! Like, I've heard this phrase used LITERALLY EVERYWHERE, but I didn't really get it until i put in an 850 Evo in my laptop and my desktop. SO FAAAAST! Booting up my laptop and loading Google Chrome took about 2-3 minutes, which is interesting to watch (I lie; it's like watching paint dry).

In all likeliness, I'll probably give the SSD to either my brother (who's using a laptop with an HDD that clicks and who's SMART data says that it's at risk of failure; yikes) or my girlfriend, who could probably benefit from an SSD in general in her laptop.

Man, Apacer kinda came out of nowhere though; their combo in\external SSD looks really... deceiving.

CodeMaster (Name Due for Update):

CPU: FX-8320 @ 4.6GHz | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | RAM: 24GBs Crucial DDR3-1600

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce OC | Case: Fractal Design Define S | PSU: Corsair AX860i

Everyone should have an SSD because it make your computer and your life a lot simpler and faster.

All I've got is a 500GB hard drive, everyone should be able to experience the power of SSD's it's the 21st century!

I have a 128gb SSD from Kingston and x4 cannibalized hard drives from 4 different computers. 

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

I'm building my first PC on a budget soon, and could really use an SSD to run OS and select games. 

Just saved up the money to build a nice entry level machine, but unfortunately budget constraints left me without an SSD. The more I learn about how quick they are, the more I would love to have one. Anything to help out my hard drive would be a step up! 

I have a 120GB SSD... Cant put more than a couple of games into it (including Windows installation) because I would run out of space.

And everyone should have an SSD because if not, the cant call themselves a Tech Geek!

I am looking to build my own PC (been using a Mac till now). would love an SSD to go in there!

I don't want a new SSD. I already have two. But hey, everybody should have an SSD, and you should *probably* give it to someone who doesn't have an SSD at all. Yeah.

If what I'm posting has already been posted, I'm sorry.

Currently with a 32 GB SSD Boot drive with barely anything being able to run off of it, all my games and programs being run of a few 500GB externals, quadrupling my boot to allow a few of the games and other bigger programs over would be awesome for me.

with windows 8.1 in my current 120gb SSD and only 14gb left in it I'll really need a 240gb ssd before my windows bloats my whole system!