Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nicklmg

Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

I have a sshd hybrid drive because I couldn't afford a full ssd. I and everyone should have one because of the the quick boot up times and faster load times in games 

I want the SSD because I'm building a new rig very soon and I know how important SSD's are in a system but I don't have the money. I also think that everyone should have an SSD in their system because it makes the system much faster and more responsive. So an SSD is a must in my head.

Good luck to all!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I never owned an SSD. And my hard drives are super slow... and SSDs are not cheap where I live. Also I think it would be nice if everyone has an SSD. Faster speeds for everyone!

9 hours ago, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

Well i never actually owned or as a matter of fact used a ssd. I boot my pc from a 160 gb very old hard drive and store my games on a 320 gb hard drive. Owning a sdd will help me save some money which i can use to buy a 500gb hdd to add to my pc. And linus i built my first pc by watching your videos, i saved up enough money over the span of 7 months and followed your video to build it. Thank you! :)

The reason why I need a new SSD, is because it will be my first time ever owning one and it will help load times on my PC. In my opinion everyone needs an SSD because it will help them in the long run and they sometimes do last longer than regular hard drives.

I belive that everyone (I don't) should have an ssd in their system purely because of the reliability of them compared to HDD's.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Once upon a time we used to use "Magnetic tape", later Magnetic Core (used in the Apollo Space Program, 1969) and more recently Hard Drives as you already know. But now we are starting to see leaps of improvements in data storage, Enter SSD's. SSD's are the next thing, as enthusiasts we know how valuable these devices are, they improve our gaming experience , they solve some of our data storage needs (fast data transfers!) etc. But what about the rest of the folks who are not as tech savvy? Do they need one?

Well lets think about it this way, why would a person want to buy a new car that has a more efficient engine? Answer is easy, more MPG! Less fuel consumption vs Miles driven etc. So to them its desirable to have this new tech, because its saves them time and money on the long run. Similarly SSD's do this and more potentially, here are the advantages:

1. Faster Data transfers between data solutions (depends on slower device)

2. The end user will benefit from a more swift system, enabling them to become more efficient

3. SSD's help establish a standard for how all consumer computers should perform, this not only helps them, but it helps the consumer community as a whole, SSD's will become more ubiquitous in PC's

SSD's are compelling to everyone because of their attributes, my question is whats next? 

Nowadays computer overall performance is dictated by the speed of your drives. A slow drive can really hinder the performance of everything from boot up time to file transfer and even gaming. For example, the game Fallout 4's loading screens can take upward of 40 seconds on older traditional hard drives. But, with a new Solid State Drive, the loading screen is over four times faster, leaving only 10 seconds of loading screen you are faced to look at!

Speed is the way of the future! Don't be left behind, get a SSD today!

I have a very cheap 500GB hard drive, an SSD would be brilliant for me as it would help improve performance. I would use it as a boot drive, I'd love it if I won :D

While I have a 250g SSD (Samsung 850EVO) as my boot drive, I haven't had the money to update my WDgreen drives to SSDs. I'm a budding videographer (shoutout to my boy Brandon), and not having proper scratch disks is a problem currently since I handle 4K footage and will be doing corporate level work here in the next few months. I know there are other ways of handling it, but a dedicated SSD to work from would be a game changer for me until I can upgrade my system as a whole.

The best reason to have an ssd is when you have to redo your OS it doesn't take a whole day. A lot of my friends that needed my help redoing their windows luckily had ssd's because they could afford them, which meant I could help 2 or even 3 in a day instead of waiting the whole day for 1 person. An ssd would be seriously awesome.

An SSD is the single most significant upgrade in the last decade or so. The speed is fantastic and the reliability is too.

I think the reason I need an apacer as330 ssd is because I've never owned an ssd and would love to have one but am way too lazy to buy one myself and also my current setup on my pc is 250gb so any more storage would be a god send

I want to win one because I wont be able to fit another 3,5" into my htpc chasis :-)

SSD's are simply superior to their outdated HDD friends. cheers

Why would I like one of these SSDs? My mediaserver (which is my dad's i5 rig) takes like 10 minutes to boot up. Its insane.

My trashy office pc is a nightmare, 30 seconds to start-up,this ssd would be like a " Spell of Revival ". Every pc/laptop should use an SSD if they want to maximum the performance and run the programs at higher speed and faster workflow. Thanks Linus.

I currently have 1 120 SSD and it is litterally 99% full, I have less then a gig left and i would really like an extra ssd so I can place my daily used stuff on there.

Thanks for considering!

Would be a nice way to keep games off my OS drive while still allowing for decent load times, and/or avoiding the game freezing because of spinning disk access times. (Fallout is a big one here)

Honestly, a Solid State Drive is a MUST for modern computers... It just so happens that one of those would go perfectly in a small form factor computer I'm getting parts for!